Canada Post
Happiness score is 65 out of 100

Canada Post

Canada Post Employee Review

Friendly atmosphere; Lots of downtime

A typical day at work consists of selling postal products, inducting incoming/outgoing parcels, mail sortation, and delivery. Since it's an office in a small town, the workload is more than manageable. There will be times where you can be super busy (holiday peak-season), and other times where it is very slow (summer months, typically). The hardest part of the job is juggling between serving customers while at the same time sorting the daily mail. The most enjoyable part is when the mail is done being sorted - waiting for residents to pick up their mail and parcels.

2.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Post Office Assistant

I really enjoy my role at Canada Post. As a new employee I was welcomed and trained to be comfortable and confident in the work I do and be ready to best assist our customers in the post office. It’s a great job with amazing people and a fun work atmosphere.

Pros

Great people, decent pay

Cons

Few hours given to new employees, you have to work your way to more hours
Same role

Great for temporary / casual work, but not long term

If your best friend isn't in management do not expect to go far in this organization. It does not matter how hard you work and your dedication, you will be replaced without a care in the world when their friend needs a job. Beats flipping burgers but the company is so dissorganized you end up taking the brunt for a lot of things beyond your control. You won't get any benefits as they only hire on as causal and temp even after working 40+ hours for 3 years I still was not eligible to benefits or a full time placement,

Pros

no weekends

Cons

no respect no full time hours dissorganized chaos
Same role

If you get a position good but not lot of hours sometimes

Some office the shifts not long. Mail volume changes daily. I enjoy going to different offices, some are much busier than others. Uniforms are only provided after you have worked so many hours. They should provide one shirt to begin with as a term not used ones.

Pros

Pay is good.

Cons

Casual, some shift are not very long so hard to make a living

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement