Canada Post logo

Clear
3.7Pay & benefits

Found 543 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,796 reviews

Good career companu

Great opportunities for advancement with great pay scale and pension plan. Safety is paramount. Work and life balance excellent.can transfer to positions any where in Canada

Pros

Very safe place to work

Cons

Have to start as casual at first

Modern Canada Post

This is not the job it used to be. Declining mail volume has given management all the leverage. The routes are way too long now, 800-1200 points of call is the new norm. Employee turnover is high, injuries are high, morale is low and it takes forever to get your own route. And yes, it will be a horrible route. Management has tried for decades to make the routes longer and they succeeded. As a relief carrier, you could be delivering mail until 8pm some days. Then back at it again the next day.

Pros

Good pay and benefits

Cons

Long hours, long routes, not enough help for relief carriers, injuries, management

Honest people doing an important job

The best thing about Canada Post is ' Safety First'. A typical day starts with a reminder from the supervisor that the workers should pay attention to their own safety and others more than anything else. In the training itself, they emphasized that if u put some parcel in the wrong container by mistake it's not the end of the world. Don't get hurt trying to retrieve it back. The presence of the union ensures the rights of workers. Payscale and benefits are appreciable. Although we do hope for more improvement, please. The workplace culture is admiring too. Most workers are helping each other out in a friendly manner with very few exceptions of course. Overall I am grateful to Canada Post for hiring me and giving me an opportunity to learn and grow while doing an important job with all those honest people. Thanks a lot!

Pros

Free lunches, t shirts, backpacks, coupons etc.

Cons

Physically straining at the peak times

Short shifts so the rest of your day is open

Early morning shifts are finished super early, so it doesn't interfere with other day jobs you have. Pay is good, but need to review paystubs a lot to make sure its accurate. Most people are good to work with, work is easy and very repetitive.

Pros

Relatively high pay for this area, shifts dont interfere with other working hours at second jobs

Cons

Short shifts, on casual roster for years before getting part time position, no guarantee of hours

Very supportive office atmosphere

Couldn't be happier with the people I work with at Canada Post!Haven't really had to deal much with management but when I did I had no issues.Comfortable work atmosphere, I enjoy working with the public and providing a necessary service.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Not working enough to remember everything but do have supports to assist

Fun

Typical work day at Canada Post is roughly about the same every day nothing to fancy. Pretty much common sense. Everything is hang on signs aswell as posters.

Pros

N/a

Cons

N/a

Not Recommended

Expectations are too high. Not a job for anyone with a family. Little support for the volume of work. Routes are too long. There needs to be a better way of dividing mail and parcels. No overtime paid. Very little support. If hired as a temp, you will be bounced around everywhere. Full timers off on vacation will leave all their work for temp to pick up.

Cons

Long hours, working in all types of weather, Routes are too long, no overtime.

Long term employment

Reliable long term employment. Pension lots of responsibility Labour union comes with some disruption Start early in your life and retire early too. Best to apply through company website not other sites

Enjoy it a lot

Depending on the manager on, things are organized and I get my excersize. The pay is a bit low, it can be a bit stressful for 21 per hour. Hoping to advance to ft soon.

A great palce to work

I did my internship at Canada Post and I was so pleased with my experience. I had a well-organized onboarding procedure and the culture was amazing. Very diverse place that everyone in the team was so helpful.

Pros

Culture, work flexibilty, diversity

Jobs at Canada Post

See more jobs

It’s can be fun

I liked working for Canada post unfortunately I was only a person to take over for people when they needed time off or was sick so there wasn’t enough hours for me but if I could get a full time job with them I would take it

Pros

Every good pay

Cons

Driving all day and sometimes not getting home until late

Long hours, heavy work load

If you get hired you’ll be a relief. That means you’ll make 80% of the person you’re covering. The problem is the person you’re covering knows their route, so it takes them half the time it will take you. You’ll be working twice as long for less pay. You won’t understand all the codes and additions and subtractions on your pay stub, and 30% of the time your pay will be wrong and you’ll have to leave messages for management to correct it. Management is always “off” or “on holidays” in one year I saw the supervisor once, and in that same year I wasn’t paid on five separate occasions. Don’t work here if you have bills to pay. This is a job for someone who’s parents or partner supports them financially and they don’t mind busting their butt for next to nothing. 10 hour days delivering a “6 hour route” at 80% ends up being less than minimum wage after deductions. Not worth it.

Pros

Good coworkers.

Cons

Long hours, insufficient pay, unreliable pay cheques, heavy work load.

Good place great people

Great place to work looking for work in side now hope to get work with Canada post Available Monday to Friday And saturdy if need looking to hear from you

Superintendents have personal agendas

If you Superintendent has a disliking of you your screwed! Management won't listen to you. They don't like people who think outside the box. Big machine, slow in changing.

Pros

Federal Goc job

Cons

Superintendents and Managers above you.

Stress

Le fait de pouvoir changer de poste à l interne et d avoir la facilité d une mutation partout au Canada en gardant son encientè, je trouve sa avantageux.La seule chose que je n ai pas aimé c est bien les circulaires. Lourds, prenent bcp de temps à la préparation et compliqué à gérer.

Pros

Sécurité d emploi

Cons

Stress

Polices Politics Politics

Good enough place to work. Should be paid better for the job. OK benefits. Training available. Need to be psychologically fit. No balance in the job content and politics.

Pros

flexible hours

Cons

weird teamwork environment

Excellent place to work

From management to team everybody is amazing. No stress there I enjoy my time being at work. Every team member gives a vibe like family and they help you learn and grow.

Tough haul as a temp

The culture at CPC is akin to “dog eat dog”. Management seems to go out of their way to try and break new hires. They spend a lot of time nit-picking instead of trying to work with you.

Pros

Short days are possible

Cons

Long hours, poor management attitude

Fast paced and I love it

I love my job Working for Canada post has changed my life I went from working dead end factory jobs to having a career. The work life balance is sometimes more work then life especially in peak seasons such as holidays. This job is for anyone that enjoys working alone but also working with the public.You have to be self motivated and prepared to walk I take between 40 and 50 thousand steps a day while carrying upwards of 35-50 pounds on your body.

Pros

Benefits, good pay, fast paced, no time to be bored

Cons

Can be very time consuming when you first start

Never met nicer coworkers.

Very fast paced and physically demanding workplace. Long hours and a whole lot of overtime. Great coworkers. Can be alot of fun and great to be outdoors. Very easy to have an injury but for the most part they are very accommodating when you are injured. Not for anyone interested in a 9 to 5 job and definately not for everyone.

Pros

Very indipendant.

Cons

Long hours and physically demamding. Also weather and dogs!

Bel emploi mais...

Tous le monde commence par être sur appel...très dure d’avoir un poste permanent ou à temps partiel...

Pros

Bon salaire

Cons

Chance d’avancement très dure et long

3.3Job security/advancement