Canada Post logo

Canada Post Culture reviews

Clear

Found 386 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,797 reviews

Polices Politics Politics

Good enough place to work. Should be paid better for the job. OK benefits. Training available. Need to be psychologically fit. No balance in the job content and politics.

Pros

flexible hours

Cons

weird teamwork environment

Toxic Management Culture

70 years of horrible labour relations led to a culture of nepotism, punitive labour culture. Targeting and harrassment of certain workers from.mgt for their own career advancement. Punitive not corrective discipline. An overburdened workforce given unrealistic workloads designed on covertly manipulated work measurements data. And the workers are blamed not the workload. Seniority system ensures new hires wirkave hardest work for less pay forced upon them through legislation.

Pros

Unionized

Cons

Toxic culture

oui

Une entreprise ou les travailleurs font leur ambiance de travail.

Pros

Plusieurs postes ouvrent souvent.

Cons

Les superviseurs des fois connaissent pas bien leur travail.

Honest people doing an important job

The best thing about Canada Post is ' Safety First'. A typical day starts with a reminder from the supervisor that the workers should pay attention to their own safety and others more than anything else. In the training itself, they emphasized that if u put some parcel in the wrong container by mistake it's not the end of the world. Don't get hurt trying to retrieve it back. The presence of the union ensures the rights of workers. Payscale and benefits are appreciable. Although we do hope for more improvement, please. The workplace culture is admiring too. Most workers are helping each other out in a friendly manner with very few exceptions of course. Overall I am grateful to Canada Post for hiring me and giving me an opportunity to learn and grow while doing an important job with all those honest people. Thanks a lot!

Pros

Free lunches, t shirts, backpacks, coupons etc.

Cons

Physically straining at the peak times

Would rate -10 if I could

This company takes advantage of their employees, has a horrible work culture and hires anybody that applies. Management treats you like an animal and the union doesn't really help either. It's all smoke and mirrors with this place.

Pros

Cons

No breaks, poor management, lack of advancement

A great palce to work

I did my internship at Canada Post and I was so pleased with my experience. I had a well-organized onboarding procedure and the culture was amazing. Very diverse place that everyone in the team was so helpful.

Pros

Culture, work flexibilty, diversity

Rural Contractor/Sub-Contractor

Worked as a rural contractor/sub-contractor, sorting & delivering mail & parcels to cmb modules (postal boxes) and parcel delivery to the door. The pay is decent, however they do NOT take any deductions off your pay, so unless you have many deductions, you will end up having to pay the government HUGE income tax. Because I functioned as a fill-in (sub-contractor) for the contractor of the route, I was not entitled to any of the union benefits or perks, nor did I acquire any seniority, which made it difficult to apply for any other job postings from within, or have any chance of retaining my job when the contractor of the route retires. The job itself is okay, but it’s ridiculous that a crown corporation treats its personnel so unfairly, and although I was doing the exact job as the contractor, I was paid differently and without the same perks/benefits. This is a busy job position with many hoops to jump through, too many politics and shoddy treatment from the general public (due to misinformation on the part of Canada post and retailers). To anyone who thinks this job would be easy, I say RUN....IT ISN’T WORTH IT.

Pros

Working outside

Cons

Working outside, unfair treatment from company as well as general public

Really a fun place to work

I worked as a Seasonal Postal Clerk for about 2 months and it was an amazing experience. The people were so nice and friendly. I will highly recommend this job to anyone. And the pay rate was so good.

Great employer

Positive customer driven company. Management support and collaboration between functions is getting much better at the management level.It is indeed a great place to work.

Pros

Benefits, support staff, training

Cons

Occasional work load

Educational, fun and friendly place to work

I loved it and I never should have let my job go I miss it. They train you well and if you still need more they explain it till you get it I had the privilege to also work in Timmins and Chapleau every place is different but no matter where you are the workers are great to work with

Pros

Everyone is respectful of everyone it’s a great place to work

Cons

I found the travelling long and I find the shipping of parcels to be sometime confusing

Jobs at Canada Post

See more jobs

Bon environnement de travail

Environnement de travail sain et sécuritaire. Bonne ambiance.

You have to fit the mould

Culture is very political. You do not fit the mould, you might get put on a performance plan, or worst intimidated by colleagues and/or supervisors to enter in the circle.

Pros

Pension Plan, benefits

Cons

Culture, salary, expectations

Over all excellent

From the depot I worked from, I had fun, learned a lot, gained friends. Most colleges are friendly and approachable. The shift was unusual but manageable because it was regular.

Excellent place to work

From management to team everybody is amazing. No stress there I enjoy my time being at work. Every team member gives a vibe like family and they help you learn and grow.

Disorganized company

The more stupid and lazy you are the faster you move up in the company. ZERO support from management, everything is on your shoulders. If there is a problem you fix it and better be sure there are no mistakes. NO recognition for your hard work, no one listens to you when you tell them something then when **it hits the fan they come and put pressure on you. Managers are all lost, they know nothing but yet get all the praise. CUPW runs the company cause Canada Post has no **LLS to stand up to them. With the pandemic there is no protection, everyone is on top of everyone and they go against the rules of the provincial/federal government in QC. When it comes to your tasks There is ZERO communication, we find out info through the grape vine rather then from your manager and then are questioned as to why you did not do the task you were supposed too. Good luck moving up, managers will get who they want for the vacant position even if it means going against the PSAC collective agreement.....and PSAC does nothing to protect there employees. There are people who are not bilingual and are working in bilingual positions and getting paid an extra bonus and yet PSAC does nothing about it. There is big time favoritism, so even if you have the smarts and the knowledge they will take who they want......HR who does the hiring does nothing to stop this. The pay is decent, our pension is garbage and our benefits are so so.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Management, union, culture at canada post

Tough haul as a temp

The culture at CPC is akin to “dog eat dog”. Management seems to go out of their way to try and break new hires. They spend a lot of time nit-picking instead of trying to work with you.

Pros

Short days are possible

Cons

Long hours, poor management attitude

Great pay and great environment

Sort and deliver mail to boxes. Interact with diverse and interesting clientele. Feel accomplished at days end. Great benefits. Great team work. creating and maintaining lasting friendships.

Pros

Great Pay, Great Benefits, Great Environment, Paid Vacation

Cons

standing all day

Environnement de travail très malsain

Certain département et plusieurs superviseur font de harcèlement psychologique et intimidation direct sur les employées. Et même des 2e 3e grade de supervision.

Pros

Salaire et avantage sociaux

Cons

Intimidation et harcèlement de l’employeur fait au employé

High School all over again

If you miss high school and are longing for a sense of nostalgia, Canada Post is the place to be. Gossip, gossip, and more gossip. Workplace culture is abysmal at best; sexism (extremely misogynistic), racism, and surprise surprise there is always the issue of language. As a new employee, if you're very productive, you're told to slow down and work at a slower pace by colleagues because you won't have enough work to do and they might send you home. If you work slowly a supervisor can and most likely will get irritated with you and think you're lazy. Sure the benefits are great, but you have to suffer through 480 long brutal hours to become permanent, and if you succeed, you'll probably be rewarded by being tossed over to the night shift.

Pros

flexible hours, benefits if you are a permanent employee

Cons

everything and anything you can think of

Nice to work with canada post

Nice place to work and management is very helpful too. Work Environment is very safe . I must say whenever you have the opportunity to get it in you should join . Benefits are really good .

Mechanical job

The pay is good as far as a new immigrant like me is concerned. The supervisors are not good and some are worse , they think we are all fools and try to act smart . The job is a mechanical job , there is not much to learn and the regular staff are all lazy and they run the show with on call staffs .There is no after work pressure and the salary is 21’17

Pros

Pay

Cons

Management . Work culture

3.3Job security/advancement