Canada Post

Canada Post Employee Reviews for Volume Counter

Found 25 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,811 reviews

Productive and fun place to work.

Organized and structured job. Very good training and collaborative work. The environment is conducive and the management is very helpful. Learnt various package sizes and codes.

Great place for those looking to gain job experience.

The volume count position at Canada Post offers a great opportunity for people new to the job market to gain work experience. It's also a great way to supplement your income as this is a part-time seasonal contract basis job where you usually don't work more than three hours a day. Of course, this isn't going to be a main source of income for people but the position doesn't intend to do that either. The job itself is very simple; you simply count mail and fill out the corresponding case count forms. The work environment is great and occasionally you are left with a lot of idle time but you are getting paid so it doesn't matter.

Pros

Free snacks at the end of each week! Managers are very accommodating, and allow for leaving a little early if you have work elsewhere.

Cons

No real cons, but you work a max. of 3 hrs/ day, and this isn't intended to be a main source of income.

great job, great people

It was contract and though it was a short contract, I really enjoyed the job, the people, coworkers. I was a volume counter and it was not a hard job at all.

Great job

Having to count the number of envelops in mail slots Workplace was great, relax atmosphere Hardest part is not making any mistakes in counting, accuracy was required Enjoyed interacting with the employees they understood what I was doing and why it was being done.

Comfortable place to work.

2 week term counting letter carriers route before they go on the road to see if extra time is required for them to finish route. Was a relaxed environment, that was straight forward and easy to learn.

It was an good experience working there

I learned a lot of new thing in Canada post during my temporary job there. All the employees like the supervisors and coworkers were very friendly and cooperative

Summary

The training session was a short but thorough and easy to understand. We did some hands-on training also. The job itself was straightforward and time flew by. The materials we needed where always provided. I would be happy to do this temporary job again!

Working for Canada Post was a enjoyable experience and would welcome the opportunity to work there again! Supervisors and staff were great! Parking was a problem at the down town location. I work a part time position but would welcome the opportunity to continue full time in the future.

Great Place to work

Great place to work I learned a lot. The good things about the job. I learned about post office operations and how it is run. Canada Post is a good place to work.

Staff

Great staff leaders. Patience, polite and informative. The information need to start took sometime but worth it. Wish it was a permanent position. I'd still be there today.

Jobs at Canada Post

Volume Counter positions
See more jobs

It was very good place to work. But the only problem about the position I was doing that it was only a temporary contract. So I would work every some months for only a two week contract. It was a really good job just it was only temporary position.

Great Company

I had fun working for Canada Post. I was there on one month contract and it was interesting learning and mail delivering. I would not hesitate working their.

Pros

Great people

Cons

on call hours

It was a fun place to work while it lasted. People were great and it was fun to learn how your mail gets to us. the only downside is that is on call but you get more hours with more time working there.

Great Environment

I was only a temporary worker there (Volume Count) but the staff and management were all very accomodating and easy to get along with. Everything was organized and follwed a set plan. Very much enjoyed it there

It was a short term job

I was supposed to count mail in a mail mans mail frame, most of the days he took so long that I never got to count the mail. I sat there and waited. I basically got paid to do nothing.

Pros

Paid to do nothing

Cons

Sat and waited

Fun environment with attention to detail

It was interesting to see from the inside perspective of mail delivery. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. I would enjoy having the opportunity again.

New and Exciting

I only worked for this company as a contract employee for 2 weeks. I enjoyed the staff in St. Catharines. They were fun and taught me a lot about their work. I would do it again.

Pros

Great Atmosphere, policies, group

I enjoyed being busy and the other employees were great to work with, just wish the job was permanent instead of contract.

Miserable postal employees

Volume Counter You get up incredibly early, depending on where you live, you get at the location at 7:30am only to sit around for a hour and a half or two hours. I worked there for 3 years and they paid $17.17/hr and in June 2014 the reduced the pay to $15/hr. Meanwhile in Alberta, they pay $20/hr for the same work. The job is not difficult. It's mindless work. If you consider that enjoyable, then it's enjoyable.

Cons

Sittiting around waiting. Bring a good book!

Great bunch of co-workers and managers

Job consisted of counting the volume of mail per route. I learned about the stress of being a postal worker. Management was great and we were treated very well. My other 18 co-workers were co-operative and it was great to work within a team. The hardest part of the job was having the postal carriers wait while we counted each piece of mail for their route. Good thing this was a "one off" due to the changing over of the routes. The most enjoyable part of the job was the fun we had while on this contract. Lots of fun and joking around with everyone on the floor. It was actually a pleasant atmosphere.

Pros

short hours

Cons

contract was too short

a knowledgable working environment

I enjoyed the nice and friendly atmosphere. Continuous learning

Pros

Friendly environment

Cons

short hours

3.3Job security/advancement

Compare Canada Post with

• Canada Post
  • Volume Counter
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?