Canada Post
Happiness score is 72 out of 100

Canada Post Employee Reviews for Superintendent

After a long career and doing many different jobs I was able to advanced into a management role. The opportunity is their if you want to expand your knowledge and go into management. Dedication is key.
Pros
pension and benefits
Cons
some of the working conditions
Positive customer driven company. Management support and collaboration between functions is getting much better at the management level.It is indeed a great place to work.
Pros
Benefits, support staff, training
Cons
Occasional work load
My work experience was rewarding for 31 yrs. Canada Post provides lots of training, on and off the job so that employees perform the best at their jobs. Pay and benefits are also good. The workplace is also fun and has a gym so that employees can focus on fitness along with programs to help employees engage in healthy eating habits.
After being retired for nearly 6 years and working lower paying jobs for 2.5 years of that I’d gladly go back with the renewed energy that I had as a 19 year old but with the wisdom of a middle aged manager
Stressful, busy during peak season (Christmas), however a good paced job during summer. Sometimes challenging managing letter carriers who are required to deliver in + or - 40 degree weather
Canada Post is a good company to work for. Job security , pay, medical plan and pension are great. There is great com-oratory between peers and co-workers. Canada Post has been changing quite a bit over the last few years with the increase in parcel delivery and declining mail volumes
I have enjoyed my time here. I am always looking and growing professionally and am always looking at new and exciting opportunities that present themselves. Canada Post presented a lot of opportunities to grow.
Casual / on call status is the toughest stage to get through as hours are unpredictable especially for plant employee's. Delivery has more consistent hours however longer days.
Always exciting to come to work. New challenges every day with all the innovations and changes within the Company in trying to cope with the ever-changing demand for specific services. Vigorous workforce that keeps me on my toes in terms of employee engagement and interpretation and administration of the Collective Agreement.
Pros
Keeps me sharp in dealing with change.
Cons
Not enough communication and acceptance of change.
Canada Post is moving ahead. The company is putting the correct measures in place to ensure competitiveness in the future. The introduction of new technology has galvanized a promising future for the Crown Corporation.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Weak leadership with ever changing priorities. It is difficult to feel satisfied after a days work. Union environment covers up for poor performers and as result good employees feel neglected and taken advantage of.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Advancement is not based on performance but instead whom you know
having had worked with CPC for 32 plus years I think it speaks for itself that it was a great corporation to work for.
Pros
Great benefits, good pay, promotion opportunities.