Canada Post logo
Canada Post

Canada Post Employee Reviews for Sorter

Found 13 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,796 reviews

An Interesting Experience

I initially got hired as a Letter Carrier. Due to processing that wasn't available. I was then offered Seasonal Christmas help in the main facility sorting packages. The training was ok and the hours. Nice people that offered help but management was almost nonexistent. No help at all with the work or leadership. Completed the seasonal work with the intent to get training as a letter carrier. That training some how got put into question as they had too many letter carriers. I basically left graciously with mixed feelings. Quite disappointed overall. In fact, the supervisor new nothing about our departure dates....

Pros

Nice people, ease of job.

Cons

No guidance, very poor communication, very high Union dues benefit costs.

Immature, dysfunctional

The union are iiars. The union leader and workers complain about the corporation and management. Nothing is their own fault. They don't want you to work too hard or apply yourself because that makes other union workers look bad. You get online training on how to handle customers' packages. You see so many throw fragile items, or put them in the monos where they can get crushed. I try to remind them about package handling and they respond with throwing the package with attitude. And yes. I would emphatically say it is a toxic work environment. Always the complaints, immature high school gossip, and employees harassing others.

I was a part time driver assistant and sorter. Steady work, attention to detail, made customers smile when they received their parcel. Worked in all weather conditions.

Pros

Happy customers

Cons

Work in wet and snow

Productive and fun place to work

Although the hiring process is long, and the security screening for Canada Post is very in-depth and there is no job security for the position I was hired for, it is well worth the effort.

Excellent place

I truly enjoyed working there. The 1 person staff was amazing to work with as well as my co-worker. Hours were great and perks were great. I would do it all over again.

Pros

Fun place

Cons

the most enjoyable part of the job

The most enjoyable part of my job as a letter sorter was the ambience of canada-post. The supervisors and the co-workers who were always there for the employees. also, the co-workers were easy to get along with because of my friendly nature.

Pros

paid lunch

Cons

problems with my pay

Christmas Relief Staff

Great employer I learned how the mail was sorted. Using ergolifts to obtain monotainer from to inbound forklift area and unload parcels on to the conveyer, sorting parcels from the conveyer into a monotainer, and using a pallet jack to move sorted monotainers to outbound forklift area.

Pros

Great place

Cons

Temp position

Good Place to work

Good , high paying job. The only problem is that new hires seem to only get the graveyard shift. I understand its a union shop, however, if they want to retain reliable people, they need to distribute the shifts better.

fast paced day,went by quick

good place to work, good wage, opportunity for advancement, co-workers always there to help you.

Pros

excellent wage

Cons

not enough hours

Very productive and fun, friendly work place.

Good morning That the post office work is harder then I ever thought. There are a lot of areas and things that the post office workers do that no one sees. The memorization you do is to better yourself in your job area and hand and eye co-ordination gets better and better everyday. The co-workers are okay, some are to bossy in the area, it is not needed when there is an supervisor for all areas. The hardest part of this job would be the memorizing if you are not good at it then you have to push yourself harder. The other part is it hurts when you work for them and try to get in regular hours you are not excepted. Questions yes. The part of the job I enjoyed the most is knowing that I was a part of the workers that got the mail to the destination it was to go.

Pros

Smiles, job done to the best of my ability

Cons

Not all could be completed

best company I ever worked for

awesome co-workers and fair work environment.Managers very accommodating and willing to help.

Pros

salary

Cons

number of hours

Perfect job

Early moring hours would come in and start sorting mail. I was part time casual so this was typically my only job, for the most part. And being at the cash registar to sell stamps etc.

Pros

nice staff, good breaks, excellent pay.

Cons

would of liked to have been perminent. small town not needed at the time.

Easy and quick

- sort mail and packages- learned about postal codes- meet lots of new people daily

Pros

pay was good

Cons

temporary position

3.3Job security/advancement