Canada Post

Canada Post Employee Reviews for Posting Clerk

Found 22 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,812 reviews

Hard to get into and political

The term positions are garbage and especially in small towns the work places are so political and the people generally suck. If you get over all that and land a long term position you’re all set.

Pros

Fair pay

Cons

Political

Toxic Management Culture

70 years of horrible labour relations led to a culture of nepotism, punitive labour culture. Targeting and harrassment of certain workers from.mgt for their own career advancement. Punitive not corrective discipline. An overburdened workforce given unrealistic workloads designed on covertly manipulated work measurements data. And the workers are blamed not the workload. Seniority system ensures new hires wirkave hardest work for less pay forced upon them through legislation.

Pros

Unionized

Cons

Toxic culture

Positive

Overall a great experience in my year at Canada post. Diversity of jobs plentiful and satisfying , versatile working environment, management is indeed up to the task of managing this fast paced environment

Productive Workplace

Learnt alot about postal services and mailing services. Package handling and system entry of the packages that are received by the clients. Fast paced work enviroment

Well Managed

- was always willing to help when i had any problems - dealing with customer service with almost every customer - lifted a lot of heavy things during shift

Good for Students/ Part Time

It was a good job when I was studying- the hours were not flexible where I worked, though, and it could be a bit lonely at times. Note: it's not just postal work you'll be doing, but a LOT of other (un-anticipated) jobs- cashier work, helping stock shelves for Shopper's Drug Mart, cleaning, doing inventory for Shopper's, etc. There's a lot of independent work, but, it's a nice job if you enjoy working with people.

Pros

Not a long commute

Cons

Undervalued, underpaid

Strong part

Strong team, always ready to help, flexible schedule, very nice in summer and lil bit cold place in winter. Clean and very crowded during holiday. Summer time very busy

Pros

Gifts

Cons

Cold Place

Nice and easy to work

I gain more customer services experience, Take responsibility on keep parcel pick up by right customer and check customer's identity for special needs.

Nice

Learned about the postal systems and how packages are sent. Not many people coming other than businessmen and elderly. It was fun meeting and communication with lots of customers.

Pros

peaceful

I enjoyed my time there

Although I was never part of a strike, I can say I enjoyed my time being a post office clerk. It was a challenging job that made me test myself for the first-time in my work life as a fresh high school graduate.

i enjoyed working there

The location where I worked was inside a drug store. I learned lots of new things. I enjoyed working there At Christmas time we were very busy. But the days went fast. I learned how to mail a letter and the costs of different stamps. I also learned how to ship parcels and requested mail. also how to figure out the different shipping methods for a customer.

Pros

learning new things

Cons

weather was something that was not fun to deal with

Inventory and sales

As a post office clerk you deal with day to day customers sending packages and letters locally or internationally and offer multiple services to meet their day to day needs. At many times i would be working alone and in charge of learning about new products and services, managing inventory and dealing with customers at the same time. It was a good job that helped me learn to multitask and manage my time efficiently.

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Low Pay

Fun

Fun place to work and the people are nice. They actually care about what you have to say and will listen to your ideas if you have anything that can be used to improve the system.

Very great job environment

Had a wonderful time working here. Great coworkers as well as very polite clients although sometimes you get the bad apple out of the bunch. I obtained a lot of new skills that I would not have learned had I not been employed here.

Great place to work at, requires constant adaptation to stay updated on current changes and added features to system.

The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be my interaction with all the different kinds of customers that make their way to the post office, looking to send a wide range of different parcels to all different parts of the world. Hearing their stories is so interesting and has opened me up to a whole array of cultures and customs I knew very little about prior to my employment.

Dead-end casual employment

Worked in retail offices for the past five years. Started off with fairly regular hours, now I have not worked in months. Whenever the opportunity to secure a part time job comes up, the position is downsized or the hours are greatly reduced (15 hours per week to 4 hours per week). The pay is reasonable, but what good is a wage when you don't get any hours?

Pros

Good pay and benefits (if part time or full time with more than 15 hours per week, Many employees are very nice to work with

Cons

Very few hours, next to no chance of a permanent position/advancement; often very stressful, difficult to work alone during busy periods, difficult to work in so many different offices, asked to work one hour shifts, management is often clueless about the various offices and employees

Friendly enivronment

Working at Canada post teaches you to learn new thing everyday. I believe life is learning process and everyday you learn something new. The typical day at work usually include handling postage to customers, up selling the coins and others promotional offers to customers. Assisting customer through customs, Delivering customers their parcels, Creating final notice reports for parcels and returns.Daily paper work and administrative work.The management team is very friendly and helpful to each other during the mail pick up time, it is usually business everyone cooperates with each other and work in fast pace, making customers happy.

Greatt

Very busy but good pay Improved my french great coworkers hardest part about the job was that the post office I worked at was the busiest in the City. As a result, I dealt with a great number of cranky and impatient people

Pros

good pay

Cons

no perks

was a fun atmosphere

Liked the day to day operations, however working on busy days I was on my own because they only had one terminal.

Pros

admin

Cons

needed more terminals

Productive and very structured workplace

In a typical day of work, I would serve customers, advise them on our services, prepare packages and classify letters by size and weight. I learned to be organized and follow standards, to deliver good customer service, and work alone. The hardest part of this job was the very routine and mechanical operational side, and the lack of challenges. The most enjoyable part was organizing and classifying, and generally dealing directly with customers.

Interesting mix of people and jobs giving one a curious work day.

Arrange and sort incoming mail for businesses.Sell postoffice related products to the public,handout and receive mail.Because of the working environment(bureaucracy) Ihave a good insight into how government and its workforce function.The hardest part of the job was having to work with people that would have never kept their jobs if this wasn,t a government job.The most enjoyable part of the job was working with all sorts of people and situations.

Pros

Good health benifits.Good holiday and vacation time off.

Cons

Lack of consideration and of appreciation for a job well done.

3.3Job security/advancement

Compare Canada Post with

• Canada Post
  • Posting Clerk
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?