Canada Post

Canada Post Employee Reviews for Postal Clerk

Not stressful, easy job, good pay. It likes a paid work-out to me. You have to pay the union fee ($90/month) even you work only one day.The co-works and the supervisors are friendly.
Pros
Good pay, low pressure at work.
Cons
Not consistent schedule for the part time worker.
Productive fast pace environment, good co workers, good benefits and sometimes stressful,Good supervisors and very accommodating when you ask for guidance
Pros
Organize and safe work environment
Cons
Repetitive task
I love working at canada post. Training is good. Great place to work and wage is above fair. The job is not hard and is enjoyable. The only con is if you are a casual employee you don't get hours. I went 3 months without being called in for an assignment but when I do work I really enjoy the work.
Pros
Paid breaks
Cons
Not enough hours given
Reliable long term employment. Pension lots of responsibility Labour union comes with some disruption Start early in your life and retire early too. Best to apply through company website not other sites
Like any other industry there are positives and negatives with this job. What I did was general labor, at times strenuous and depending on the department relaxed and slow. Letter carrying can be quite a challenge, but if you like to be challenged go for it. It can be enjoyable but it can also be overwhelming.The key to working at Canada Post in any of the plants is to work smart, so as not to cause any repetitive type strain injuries or any injury for that matter. In other words, do not over exert yourself and do try to get assistance lifting anything heavy and take your time. You will learn ways in which you can minimize strains while working there, but you may be seen as lazy by some. The important thing is to protect your health and well being. Do your part, an honest days work, but find ways to minimize the strain.There is room for advancement as supervisors are always needed and from there you can climb the ladder and get into other areas of administration. Supervisors though, are caught in the middle between a unionized workforce and trying to give upper management the numbers they want. One of the nicer things about Canada post is a half decent pay rate and ok benefits. The pay is good for unskilled labor even though the current starting rate is lower that those who have been there longer. The benefits are also 1/2 decent. It is nice to have paid sick time and vacation as well as health coverages such as dental and prescription. Some of these coverages could be better, but I guess we have to be thankful for what we have.An unfortunate thing about working there - more...
Pros
unionized, ok pay, some 1/2 decent benefits, some paid sick days, opportunities for advancement
Cons
monotonous, can be hard, heavy and hard on the body
At the beginning Canada Post was the best job I ever had. The pay was great. But unfortunately as the years went by and Canada Post constantly making changes to the work hours of start and finish and to the work place. Canada 🇨🇦 Post went from my dream job to being very glad that I retired. Canada Post made sure that they worked you hard and they got their money's worth out of you.I would not recommend Canada Post as a good safe place to work. At Canada Post you don't matter.
Pros
lunch and 2 15 minute breaks
Cons
very heavy work load physically and mentally s
I worked as a Seasonal Postal Clerk for about 2 months and it was an amazing experience. The people were so nice and friendly. I will highly recommend this job to anyone. And the pay rate was so good.
From the depot I worked from, I had fun, learned a lot, gained friends. Most colleges are friendly and approachable. The shift was unusual but manageable because it was regular.
Management team needs to learn about productivity and right use of resources. You can't make someone to do hard things all the times and care about your favorite employees. After working for Canada Post, Now I understand that, why customers are not getting their packages on time.
Pros
Free food, free stuff, break times, good wages
Cons
Favouritism and discrimination
From management to team everybody is amazing. No stress there I enjoy my time being at work. Every team member gives a vibe like family and they help you learn and grow.
Sort and deliver mail to boxes. Interact with diverse and interesting clientele. Feel accomplished at days end. Great benefits. Great team work. creating and maintaining lasting friendships.
Pros
Great Pay, Great Benefits, Great Environment, Paid Vacation
Cons
standing all day
If you miss high school and are longing for a sense of nostalgia, Canada Post is the place to be. Gossip, gossip, and more gossip. Workplace culture is abysmal at best; sexism (extremely misogynistic), racism, and surprise surprise there is always the issue of language. As a new employee, if you're very productive, you're told to slow down and work at a slower pace by colleagues because you won't have enough work to do and they might send you home. If you work slowly a supervisor can and most likely will get irritated with you and think you're lazy. Sure the benefits are great, but you have to suffer through 480 long brutal hours to become permanent, and if you succeed, you'll probably be rewarded by being tossed over to the night shift.
Pros
flexible hours, benefits if you are a permanent employee
Cons
everything and anything you can think of
Nice place to work and management is very helpful too. Work Environment is very safe . I must say whenever you have the opportunity to get it in you should join . Benefits are really good .
The pay is good as far as a new immigrant like me is concerned. The supervisors are not good and some are worse , they think we are all fools and try to act smart . The job is a mechanical job , there is not much to learn and the regular staff are all lazy and they run the show with on call staffs .There is no after work pressure and the salary is 21’17
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management . Work culture
Working for government seems like an awesome idea with decent pay but after all the training fingerprinting background cheeks and all the testing you are ready to rock hard but unfortunately what they don't tell you that you start as a casual worker, call into work maybe few times a month and regardless how many hours you work you will have to pay union dues $98. Which will most likely make you work for less then minimum vague. And then you will hope that some day you can become part time worker well make sure you ready to wait 2 to 3 years as it goes by seniority.
Pros
security
Cons
not good pay after union dues
Would have stayed if I was able to get another location. My manager was very rude. Found out I was left handed and said if she knew during interview she wouldn't have hired me.
Pros
Pay, benefits rtc
Cons
Management in my area
Supervisors and managements are doing bad bad job. Save your time and stay away from Canada post. you will never see a team work in there, most of the employees wont even give a smile. sad place.
Pros
Cons
everything
Lots of lazy people. If they were audited they will see how much money is wasted in this corporation. The supervisors are not knowledgeable and is always fearful to say anything to the people who are not really working compared to the people working so hard work load is not even with everyone
Once you get part time permanent or full time permanent it gets better. Yes it's a bit tough when you start as a casual but it's a great place to work.
Good starting wage for entry levels, good company to work for with good union. Benefits only for permanent staffs..only downside is the long waiting time to get a permanent status for casuals.
Oldies think here they own this corporation and supervisors are after the newbies because the oldies shoo them away. Mismanagement of hierarchy is all time high.