Canada Post logo
Canada Post

Canada Post Employee Reviews for Mail Sorter

Found 28 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,796 reviews

Spruce Grove has a stable work environment.

Like any work floor it has its ups and downs. The work itself is straight forward. The people you work with makes the shifts interesting and challenging. Overall an ok place to work.

Very interest and enyoyable

Great place to work. Good work ethics. proper safety and no stressful. If given opportunity will work with this great company again. Worked as mail sorter on call basis, would like to work in clerical position on a permanent basis. I like the punctuality and friendly atmosphere/ The people I work were very helpful and co-operative. The managers were good at their work and able to guide the staff well and able to get the work done.

Pros

Good Pay/ Better and fair treatment of fellow staff

Cons

Washroom unclean or maintained well/ Pantry very clustered

Awesome

Working for such a fantastic company is an amazing experience. Perfect work life balance, and pay is great. The training is comprehensive, and the managers are supportive and helpful.

Just a short seasonal work time

Only worked those two Christmas rush times so can't really note anything and a mail carrier I always wanted to be to much computer work and they as checking on occasion it reads that they expect you to use your own vehicle as they will give you so much gas allowance.

Pros

Fair wages

Cons

Only part time

Good

Worked for a few years there. Atmosphere is great depending on the shift you are on. Can't tell you how it is now. Parking is free and getting there by ttc is convient

A good experience.

Worked only in the mornings counting mail. Pretty easy work, instructions at the beginning and before you knew it your morning was done. Didn't really have a chance to talk to anyone

Pros

You got a paycheck.

Cons

short hours

Good place to work.

Good place to work. Fast paced environment. Cleanliness is a priority. Hard work. Moving and standing alot. Friendly co-workers and staff. Good shifts. Great pay. Recommended.

Pros

Great pay.

Cons

Temporary

Good Work for the ERA I worked There.

The company has changed so much that any review by myself would be in accurate. When I did work here it was fun and laid back. As I know it know the job I had here doesn't exists any longer.

Pros

Laid back enviroment

Cons

Limited Advancement

christmas help

I only worked as a Christmas help at canadapost. pay are good too! I wish I worked longer. always busy at that location but never regret working there

No scheduled hours. Expect to work overnight.

Well managed. Moved from various tasks makes job more interesting. Very respectful to workers. Eight hour shifts. Need attention to detail. No scheduled hours to start.

Fun and fast

It was a great place to work in. It was hard to lift heavy objects but was interesting to sort through the mail and look at where everything goes. Coworkers were great.

Fast Past Mail Sorter Christmas Seasonal

I worked hard and was offers a full time position in Vancouver in the late 80;s. I was in school and turned down the best job offer of my life. I worked in the letter sorting position and also parcels.

Pros

Excellent Teamplayers

Cons

no cons

overall great work environment

Typical day at work, go in at 7:30, start sorting mail, parcels. Scan parcels, pull mail and parcels for delivery. Go home. Am currently permenently partially disabled, sorting is all I can do.

Pros

short day

Cons

some stressful days

great job, only wish it had of lasted longer

I really enjoyed my work with Canada post, The staff was excellent to work with and really enjoyed the atmosphere. I only wish it hadn't been a short term contract.

Pros

fair wage

Cons

walking distance to job station

Unique

I've enjoyed working as a casual for Canada Post. I've done rural routes as well as part time work in as many as 6 different locations. I am bilingual so it gives me a little more offers in my area.

Fun people to work with

Generally a good place to work. The company is diverse which makes it an interesting work place. It is a physical job which can sometimes be challenging.

Pros

Break every 2 hours

Cons

Not enough hours per shift

Horrible Employer

I worked for Canada Post for over 10 years and as soon as I got sick and need multiple surgeries and went on disability I was treated horrible by my supervisors. The benefits and pay was good. They are horrible to deal with when it comes to communication. If you need to speak with someone in the office you are put through to an answering machine and no one ever calls you back. I am now retiring and was told that I owe over $900.00 in over payment. I called and finally spoke with someone yesterday and now I owe $1,900.00??! I am a sick person with bills to pay and medical bills to pay and now they want to rob me of $1,900.00? I have not received a statement in the mail in months to provide me with a reason or a break down as to what this charge is for.

Pros

Decent pay and benefits

Cons

Horrible communication. Stressful environment. Rude management.

Like working here

Hard to get hours as casual. The people are friendly and helpful. Management was great to work along with. It was great to be in the outdoors in all types of weather. The early morning meant you had the day to yourself depending on hours you worked. hard to get an idea of a steady schedule. People moved in from the city and bumped you down and out.

competetive employer

i enjoy working at this place. you get to work with people of different cultures. Christmas time is good you a lot of hours/ ot. air conditioning in the summer time the only warehouse i work at that has ac.

Pros

its fun. simple and light

Cons

limited hours if your not permanent

Productive and busy while physically demanding.

Sort parcels for different locations within Canada, Sort heavy 3rd class mail such as magazines, sort letter for city delivery.

Pros

Co-worker's like having fun at a repetitive job.

Cons

Physically demanding job

work place

We sort mail, specifically parcels. Management is respectful of workers. My co-workers are respectful. Hardest part of job is not knowing how many I'll work during the week since I'm on call. I remained on call because I can't work graveyard shifts.

Pros

good pay

Cons

uncertainty as concerns how many hours I'll work

3.3Job security/advancement