Canada Post logo
Canada Post

Canada Post Employee Reviews for Mail Carrier in Windsor, ON

Found 12 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,797 reviews

Good Security after the initial term period

It’s overall a good company to work if your not the type to go to college or university. It has comparable red tape to any public sector job, the organization is built from the top down as opposed to grass roots which can lead to issues if your a self starter. It offers good job security once you become an indeterminate employee

Modern Canada Post

This is not the job it used to be. Declining mail volume has given management all the leverage. The routes are way too long now, 800-1200 points of call is the new norm. Employee turnover is high, injuries are high, morale is low and it takes forever to get your own route. And yes, it will be a horrible route. Management has tried for decades to make the routes longer and they succeeded. As a relief carrier, you could be delivering mail until 8pm some days. Then back at it again the next day.

Pros

Good pay and benefits

Cons

Long hours, long routes, not enough help for relief carriers, injuries, management

Fast paced and I love it

I love my job Working for Canada post has changed my life I went from working dead end factory jobs to having a career. The work life balance is sometimes more work then life especially in peak seasons such as holidays. This job is for anyone that enjoys working alone but also working with the public.You have to be self motivated and prepared to walk I take between 40 and 50 thousand steps a day while carrying upwards of 35-50 pounds on your body.

Pros

Benefits, good pay, fast paced, no time to be bored

Cons

Can be very time consuming when you first start

Training is in depth, however, unfocussed.

The training is very well done, unfortunately placing new people with veterans is not a strong way to train. The classroom training is focused primarily in an academic setting. Three weeks in a classroom and three days with one person and one specific route is not realistic.

Horrible

On the list for a year now. No advancement. Work in horrible conditions. Management doesn't care about you. New route everyday. 12 hour work days. Insane amount of parcels and admail. Long routes. Unsupportive management. Paid 19/hr to work yourself to the bone. No vacation time. Have to be available to be called in at their whim.

Pros

Exercise

Cons

Overworked, underpaid

Letter carrier

Working sorting mail, standing for long periods of time, as well as walking a route. Meet people whom are not too keen of canada post, so you have to deal with the public, good or bad. Weather is a particular problem...You have to do the job whether you want to or not.

Pros

Breaks, Lunches

Cons

Can be long days, Heavy mailbags

Nice to work outdoors

Really enjoyed working there. The compensation was good, plenty of opportunity for overtime during the holidays. People were very friendly. Nice place to work.

Toxic environment

Be prepared to work in an unsafe and toxic work environment. no one cares about your safety or your rights including a crooked union! you will receive the heaviest work with minimal guidance, not to mention less pay and they only hire you as a causal.

Pros

Get paid

Cons

Toxic Work Environment

Great!!

I love my job as a letter carrier. Get to me alot of new people not everyday but most of the time. I bring them good news like checks, packages ect , but the time of the month thoeirs thoses bills. Well get the good stuff with the not so good lol.

great job

it has been a great job for the last 18years..super people ..they are thorough with training and you are offered extra training with cpr courses ..whmis..first aid..union training and health and safety

Pros

great pay and benefits

Cons

can go on strike every 5 years when contact renewal

Jobs at Canada Post

Mail Carrier positions, in Windsor, ON
See more jobs

Part-time very few hours.

I have only recently started at Canada Post. Everybody is very friendly and easy to work with. The job seems quite manageable for full time employees but part-time employees are thrown into some of the hardest situations by covering different routes each time we're called in. The nature of the job requires part-time employees to be on call which is very hard considering I have only been getting called once a month. This job will not pay your bills.

Cons

Never getting called

A typical day at work

I take great pride in being a letter carrier. I love my job. First thing in the morning, I gather my containers of mail and start sorting. When finished sorting, I gather my parcels and start scanning them. Tie out all mail and put parcels in number sequence to be delivered. Load up my truck and head off to deliver mail for the day.

3.3Job security/advancement