Canada Post logo
Canada Post

Canada Post Employee Reviews for Laborer

Found 8 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,796 reviews

great place to work

timmies was nice good hours job security for hard workers learned how to use a pump truck and what monos were wish i was paid more for the work easy job to grasp

Christmas Relief

I enjoyed working in the plant for Christmas relief. They had a very structured routine for us. Breaks were always at the same time. Supervisors were always available to answer questions or provide direction. The work was quite physical at times. Afternoons were usually spent working on a conveyor belt where parcels would come down and have to be sorted into bins for delivery to various locations. If parcels backed up on the belt, a bell would ring, alerting a supervisor that there could be a problem. The hardest part of the job was that it was very physical but it was also the most enjoyable part of the job in that at the end of the day, I could go home knowing that I had done a good day's work.

Pros

The wage was good!

Cons

Only temporary.

productive and fun to work

As a seasonal worker , I was only given a chance to work during peak season and after the season over they will put you non call. I learn so many thing sorting letter and we always have a rotation shift to different division, you have a chance to learn how the letters coming.to different places and distribute it by code.

Pros

good salary

Cons

on call duty

productive easy going

working there was easy and it was based on stacking and loading parcels on to the truck , at time it would be crowded but nothing a two man team wouldnt easily finish

Pros

easy work

Enjoyable and Healthy Work Environment

The work itself and co-workers are great. Best job i've had yet. The only downsides are that my position is on-call and I don't receive nearly as many hours as I would like to. Would definitely work here full-time and year-round if only I could.

Pros

The Work itself.

Cons

Very few actual hours.

Work- life - balance

When I have a project a typical day is prioritize duties according to the stage of the project. I usually have an early conversation with my team (union, supervisors and colleges), to review the duties and meet the time lines for that day. I learned our company is evolving in order to be more competitive and be number one in collection and delivery. My co-workers are very cooperative and the hardest part of the job is when the systems we used to work failed because head office has to deal with and sometimes, we can miss a day of work and projects usually have time lines per stage. The most enjoyable part of the job is the relations I built at all levels of the organization as my department is the most important in the postal transformation so I deal with Directors, Managers, Superintendent, Supervisors and the Union.

Pros

Vacation time

Cons

Dead times

Great paying job and good hours

At first worked in the plant with the sorting machines. I was required to sort the mail per postal codes. Daily quota's were 5000 an hour. I had no problems with management or co-workers. I eventually transferred to transportation because they offered full time positions. I then worked by myself. I loaded my truck and made drop offs to various locations.

Pros

meeting new people

Temp Work with Great Salary

Christmas processing work. Great Income, great experience working in a fast pace busy plant. Heavy lifting, long hours and great people.

Pros

salary

Jobs at Canada Post