Canada Post logo

Canada Post Employee Reviews for Delivery Driver

Delivery Driver80 reviews
Canada80 reviews

Found 80 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,796 reviews

Fast paced workplace with support from management

Working as a Letter Carrier at Canada Post is a great job. You work at your own pace and are paid a fair wage. When I started I struggled with the different routes I worked as I was new to the city. But management supported me and helped me get the hang of the job. Support from your fellow colleagues is more hit and miss. While almost all my colleagues have a generous and supportive nature, as a Letter Carrier, you are more out on your own. Easy to get time off and opportunities throughout the year to earn overtime. The weather can be daunting but proper dress and attitude make all the difference.

Pros

Get to set your own pace - strong sense of accomplishment when route is finished

Cons

Some days have more mail/parcels making things a bit stressful (but I'm still new)

No respect for their employees

Just started my training with Canada Post in June as a delivery agent. You are told that you will be on call for delivery agents routes. However, they dont have routes for you and you are told to work night shifts as a clerk (processing parcels). When they call you on the phone, they have no respect for you if you refuse to go in an other warehouse (wich you are allowed to do) and they hang up the phone. However, the pay is the only positive point if you need money now in the meantime.

Pros

Salary

Cons

Night work shift, no respect, rude colleagues

If one can work at Canada Post, one can and should, work Anywhere !

Company exists in-spite of itself. Uneducated with Ignorance is a promotable, Quality. Thus ensuring one is not a threat to chain of indifference. The preverible carrot will always be dangling in your sight, it is more like the poisoned apple.

Pros

Government job, opens trap door to lesser careers

Cons

Organization

I am amazed anyone receives anything.

Union dues are ridiculous in Vancouver with little to no support. The constant strike votes, lack of contract, 6 different unions in one company make for an absolutely miserable environment. Oh and the constant changing of ways of delivering the mail. My route went from 900 points of call to 1800 points of call - with over 24 walking kms. Inluding mail don't forget now you are delivery flyers - where you have to sort after your shift. After 3 years my body broke down, my mind broke down, still didn't have a contract...I saw fist fights inside depots, every day people breaking down and crying. It changed me forever. Avoid at all costs.

Delivery

Shorting of mail. Making sure everything is there proper box. Getting parcels making sure address are right. Going to people doors. You work by yourself

Horrible place to work

Management are the absolute worst human beings there are only a few that really care the rest are heartless. If they just actually stopped bullying people and actually cared about the training of the temporary workers they would stay alot longer .

Good and bad!

If you pass the physical exam you start off on call, no guarantee of hours, at around $19/hr. After accumulating required hours and bidding you can achieve a permanent position and make $27/hr. It's not an easy job, it's tough on the body for some, but with seniority brings the chance of getting a better route. It's fast paced and some days are better than others. absolutely

Fast paced competitive place to work

a fast paced environment. Good for young individuals looking to develop a long term career. Good benefits as well. Job security is crucial and is a unionized job

Hard work, bad management, GREAT CO-WORKERS

The job is very fast paced and involved. And you need to be physically fit to a degree to even start here. And that’s just inside. Outside you represent a large corporation and do your diligence and that’s not always a bad thing. You do get sense of pride! And the co-workers are some of the best people I’m met on this planet!

Challenging but Fun if you like outdoors

Summer work is best,winter time is very challenging,time goes fast,hardest part is Monday for letter carriers...You have to have good seniority to bid on good route and vacation spots.If you like to be outside and lots of energy then this might work out for you..lots of overtime.

Jobs at Canada Post

Delivery Driver positions
See more jobs

Concerns Unadressed. Problems Continue.

The incompetence starts at the top! If we were manufacturing automobiles there would be carnage all over the roads. The blueprint is ridiculously flawed. It just doesn't work.

Need more money for so much work

With all the mail, flyers, packets, parcels and oversized items to be delivered increases ones risk of injuries. Also working outside and being at the mercy of the weather everyday should be considered and we should have more personal days to recoup. Some ppl have to have a second job because the income is not sufficient enough. For a federal entity to cap out at $27 is an insult

Could not coordinate with child care.

After completing the letter carrier training you are put on a call list. and unless it is a busy season the call can be very few and far between. When I did get job calls they tended to be either very late or very early starts. This did not work well with child care.

no job security

got hired for a casual job, no work for 2 months, and when they call you for one day for the month, you end up getting paid $3 net after cpp ei and after taxes. most of your pay for that one day goes to union dues. So no matter how many hours you work, if you worked at least one day, you still have to pay full amount for union dues.

Drones

Constant battle with upper management has created an atmosphere of distrust and resentment. New hires are treated as drones. Most fellow employees are helpful and professional.

Very fast

Delivery of parcels and mails. Shoutout mails and parcels. Delivery of flyers. Drive to post box and deliver mails. Parcels deliver at home door to door. Brantford delivery of bags of mails. Delivery of parcels.

Pros

Free help

Horrid

Very negative experience. Getting on fulltime is next to impossible. Getting an inside job is like winning the lottery. All goes by seniority. Management is horrific. Getting growled at is just life. You're given a different route all the time and expected to complete it in the same time as the regular postman who knows his route. Off season no hours.

Depends on your route and SV

This job is stable. However, Canada Post is getting more and more parcels, but Letter Carriers need to take BOTH mail and parcels. That means, you need to walk on your route AND drive vehicle to drop parcels. This make LCs stress and their day long. In addition, it's really dangerous to walk and drive on icy streets in winter. Some SVs are nice, but some treat LCs as slaves.

Pros

Stable job

Cons

Unmanageable work loads, unsafe work environment

fun place

nice place to work. nice management, everyone friendly and helpful, supervisors are really nice, they help you in your job. you can get to go home early if you finish your route early

If you dont have bills to pay or if you have a second income spouse then this job is great. It isnt that great for someone looking to pay bills because it's not consistent work. The pay is good but it can be a lot of work at times and hardly seems worth it...especially in extreme weather conditions.The people are great to work with though, very friendly environment and everyone is helpful to the newbies.

If you don't want a life

Be careful when applying here. It's great if you don't want to live your life or have kids and pets. They don't really care about you but act like it. My last supervisor was the only person who actually cared about you, he was awesome. I wouldn't steer anyone towards this company, unless like I said you want no life.

3.3Job security/advancement