Canada Post

Clear
3.7Pay & benefits

Found 4 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,819 reviews

fit

keeping on top of having to be fit and prepare for what is to come while doing to work in the morning. Weather conditions are unpredictable at times. Keeping my morning interesting while dealing with customers.

Benefits

Cons

Having to use my own car.

Not a bad job, but not that good either.

Well the truth be told that if you're planning on working for CPC, be prepared to spend a lot of time waiting for the phone call telling you that there is work available. As a "Term Employee" which is what you will be until you are offered a full time (highly unlikely unless you want the grueling work of a letter carrier) or part time status, you will make about $6 an hour less (and without ANY benefits) despite doing the EXACT same work as those with permanent status. Thats right, huge wage and benefit discrimination at Canada Post between term and permanent employees. Management range from abusive, especially if you are a newbie, to excellent. Most co-workers are professional and eager to help those with less on the job experience. Canada Post vehicles range from new (Dodge Promaster and Ford Transit) to borderline unsafe (Utilimaster Step Van, commonly known as "ice cream truck") for MSC's. The hardest part of the job is dealing with rather ambitious pick up, delivery and clearance schedules in difficult downtown traffic conditions where it is virtually impossible to finish the job and take your entitled 2 breaks and lunch over an 8 hour shift. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with regular customers as a customer service expert and CPC ambassador. The job can be easy at times, but it can also be grueling as well.

Pros

Newer vehicles have A/C

Cons

Step Vans are an oven in summer, ice box in winter!

Good Summer Job

Canada Post was a good summer job opportunity for me because I was a full time student only able to work during summer. The pay was good and the hours were flexible. The best part of the job was being able to choose which days I wanted to work. The hardest part of the job was the early mornings. I really enjoyed my time with Canada Post

Pros

flexible hours

Cons

early mornings

Provided a decent living

After almost 35 years I experienced a corporation that dominated a great deal of interpersonal communication traffic to one that is searching in earnest to find its place again amongst the digital age players. Would only encourage those that can roll with a few punches and can stay on for bumpy ride for the foreseeable future.

Pros

Good benifits

Cons

Poor moral

3.3Job security/advancement