Canada Post logo
Canada Post

Canada Post Employee Reviews in Windsor, ON

Found 23 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,795 reviews

Good Security after the initial term period

It’s overall a good company to work if your not the type to go to college or university. It has comparable red tape to any public sector job, the organization is built from the top down as opposed to grass roots which can lead to issues if your a self starter. It offers good job security once you become an indeterminate employee

Load and unload trucks, manually sort and cull mail, Dispatch and Recieve Highway Service Trucks.

I was a Mail Handler/Dispatcher for 30 years. These jobs overlapped, but the Dispatcher Job stayed on the loading dock more.I loaded and unloaded Hwy Service trucks, small cube vans, etc. I could dump and cull bags of mostly publications, weigh in all types of mail and record info. Sort parcels for final delivery. Dump raw mail (from mailboxes) on a conveyor belt. Dispatch and Receive Hwy Services trucks by filling out the relevant forms both manually and entering into the computer. As a Dispatcher I would also assign duties to Mail Handlers. As a Dispatcher I would decide what got the priority and what order on the truck the mail would be loaded. Occasionally I would have to contact the Control Centre in London, On., if there was a problem regarding one of the Hwy Services, whether regularly scheduled or an overload truck.

Pros

good pay and benefits, regular hours, clean work environment, good health and safety, and no lay-offs -- ever!

Cons

too many strikes, bad workplace atmosphere for too many years due to poor union - management relations, and some incompetent and sometimes just mean spirited managers.

Overall a very good place to work.

A retail clerk would sell the products that Canada Post offered, sometimes track down specific requests, (for instance, last year's coins, stamps, etc.), help customers with their change of address, sell P.O. Boxes, ship out mail at the end of the shift, etc. My co-workers were generally pleasant and professional. Some of my supervisors were excellent to work for, others not so much. The hardest part of the job was trying to stay busy when no customers were coming in, since I worked in a small town with few customers and there were only so many shelves to stock. The most enjoyable part of the job was when I was able to track down some difficult to obtain special product for a customer and seeing how pleased they were with my efforts. Unfortunately, the company itself didn't have a very good management-union rapport.

Pros

air conditioned, clean environment, good health & safety, good wages and benefits.

Cons

sometimes a toxic work environment, which you had to rise abovel

Jobs at Canada Post