Canada Post logo
Happiness score is 73 out of 100Above average

Canada Post Employee Reviews in Windsor, ON

Work-life balance

Found 22 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,785 reviews

Good Security after the initial term period

It’s overall a good company to work if your not the type to go to college or university. It has comparable red tape to any public sector job, the organization is built from the top down as opposed to grass roots which can lead to issues if your a self starter. It offers good job security once you become an indeterminate employee

Great job

I love working at canada post. Training is good. Great place to work and wage is above fair. The job is not hard and is enjoyable. The only con is if you are a casual employee you don't get hours. I went 3 months without being called in for an assignment but when I do work I really enjoy the work.

Pros

Paid breaks

Cons

Not enough hours given

Fast paced and I love it

I love my job Working for Canada post has changed my life I went from working dead end factory jobs to having a career. The work life balance is sometimes more work then life especially in peak seasons such as holidays. This job is for anyone that enjoys working alone but also working with the public.You have to be self motivated and prepared to walk I take between 40 and 50 thousand steps a day while carrying upwards of 35-50 pounds on your body.

Pros

Benefits, good pay, fast paced, no time to be bored

Cons

Can be very time consuming when you first start

Immature, dysfunctional

The union are iiars. The union leader and workers complain about the corporation and management. Nothing is their own fault. They don't want you to work too hard or apply yourself because that makes other union workers look bad. You get online training on how to handle customers' packages. You see so many throw fragile items, or put them in the monos where they can get crushed. I try to remind them about package handling and they respond with throwing the package with attitude. And yes. I would emphatically say it is a toxic work environment. Always the complaints, immature high school gossip, and employees harassing others.

Training is in depth, however, unfocussed.

The training is very well done, unfortunately placing new people with veterans is not a strong way to train. The classroom training is focused primarily in an academic setting. Three weeks in a classroom and three days with one person and one specific route is not realistic.

Good Company to work for Good pension, medical plan working hours

Canada Post is a good company to work for. Job security , pay, medical plan and pension are great. There is great com-oratory between peers and co-workers. Canada Post has been changing quite a bit over the last few years with the increase in parcel delivery and declining mail volumes

Horrible

On the list for a year now. No advancement. Work in horrible conditions. Management doesn't care about you. New route everyday. 12 hour work days. Insane amount of parcels and admail. Long routes. Unsupportive management. Paid 19/hr to work yourself to the bone. No vacation time. Have to be available to be called in at their whim.

Pros

Exercise

Cons

Overworked, underpaid

Letter carrier

Working sorting mail, standing for long periods of time, as well as walking a route. Meet people whom are not too keen of canada post, so you have to deal with the public, good or bad. Weather is a particular problem...You have to do the job whether you want to or not.

Pros

Breaks, Lunches

Cons

Can be long days, Heavy mailbags

Nice to work outdoors

Really enjoyed working there. The compensation was good, plenty of opportunity for overtime during the holidays. People were very friendly. Nice place to work.

Great experience

Canada Post is a very secure and thriving company with opportunity for advancement. The ability to grow within the corporation and learn from it's operations are second to none.

Jobs at Canada Post

in Windsor, ON
See more jobs

Toxic environment

Be prepared to work in an unsafe and toxic work environment. no one cares about your safety or your rights including a crooked union! you will receive the heaviest work with minimal guidance, not to mention less pay and they only hire you as a causal.

Pros

Get paid

Cons

Toxic Work Environment

Fun work and challenging

I worked in the processing plant. My work involved sorting, weighing and coding the mail. It was a lot of physical work, which I enjoyed. However, I was hired as a part-time casual employee. Therefore, during peak times (Christmas) I would get plenty of hours. After the holiday season, hours would really drop off and sometimes I would only be called in one shift per month.

Pros

Fun, challenging work

Cons

Little hours.

Great!!

I love my job as a letter carrier. Get to me alot of new people not everyday but most of the time. I bring them good news like checks, packages ect , but the time of the month thoeirs thoses bills. Well get the good stuff with the not so good lol.

great job

it has been a great job for the last 18years..super people ..they are thorough with training and you are offered extra training with cpr courses ..whmis..first aid..union training and health and safety

Pros

great pay and benefits

Cons

can go on strike every 5 years when contact renewal

well run operation

I would be given a list of things that needed to be done at the start of the shift and I would then do them and hand the final total to the supervisor at the end of the shift. The hardest part of the job was lifting the heavy bags of mail to be dumped and then sorted.

Pros

everyone worked well with each other

Cons

n/a

Sorting Parcels

Great job to go into every day! great people. I sort online parcels. Nothing about the job is hard as i tent to learn quickly and management has always been fair and good.

Pros

good pay

Cons

short hours

Part-time very few hours.

I have only recently started at Canada Post. Everybody is very friendly and easy to work with. The job seems quite manageable for full time employees but part-time employees are thrown into some of the hardest situations by covering different routes each time we're called in. The nature of the job requires part-time employees to be on call which is very hard considering I have only been getting called once a month. This job will not pay your bills.

Cons

Never getting called

A typical day at work

I take great pride in being a letter carrier. I love my job. First thing in the morning, I gather my containers of mail and start sorting. When finished sorting, I gather my parcels and start scanning them. Tie out all mail and put parcels in number sequence to be delivered. Load up my truck and head off to deliver mail for the day.

Enjoyable place and people to work with.

I come in start with working at one machine that sorted the mail, then moved to another machine to sort the mail further.

Pros

Good money, and benefitsif you get in

Cons

hard to get in

Great paying job and good hours

At first worked in the plant with the sorting machines. I was required to sort the mail per postal codes. Daily quota's were 5000 an hour. I had no problems with management or co-workers. I eventually transferred to transportation because they offered full time positions. I then worked by myself. I loaded my truck and made drop offs to various locations.

Pros

meeting new people

Load and unload trucks, manually sort and cull mail, Dispatch and Recieve Highway Service Trucks.

I was a Mail Handler/Dispatcher for 30 years. These jobs overlapped, but the Dispatcher Job stayed on the loading dock more.I loaded and unloaded Hwy Service trucks, small cube vans, etc. I could dump and cull bags of mostly publications, weigh in all types of mail and record info. Sort parcels for final delivery. Dump raw mail (from mailboxes) on a conveyor belt. Dispatch and Receive Hwy Services trucks by filling out the relevant forms both manually and entering into the computer. As a Dispatcher I would also assign duties to Mail Handlers. As a Dispatcher I would decide what got the priority and what order on the truck the mail would be loaded. Occasionally I would have to contact the Control Centre in London, On., if there was a problem regarding one of the Hwy Services, whether regularly scheduled or an overload truck.

Pros

good pay and benefits, regular hours, clean work environment, good health and safety, and no lay-offs -- ever!

Cons

too many strikes, bad workplace atmosphere for too many years due to poor union - management relations, and some incompetent and sometimes just mean spirited managers.

3.3Job security/advancement