Canada Post logo
Canada Post

Canada Post Employee Reviews in Vancouver, BC

Vancouver, BC45 reviews

Found 45 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,796 reviews

Great place to work overall

Sometimes challenging because of the union environment but overall a great place to work. Lots of variety, people are great, benefits too May take some time to get full time

Pros

Lots of variety in your day

Cons

limited promotion opportunities

Great place for those looking to gain job experience.

The volume count position at Canada Post offers a great opportunity for people new to the job market to gain work experience. It's also a great way to supplement your income as this is a part-time seasonal contract basis job where you usually don't work more than three hours a day. Of course, this isn't going to be a main source of income for people but the position doesn't intend to do that either. The job itself is very simple; you simply count mail and fill out the corresponding case count forms. The work environment is great and occasionally you are left with a lot of idle time but you are getting paid so it doesn't matter.

Pros

Free snacks at the end of each week! Managers are very accommodating, and allow for leaving a little early if you have work elsewhere.

Cons

No real cons, but you work a max. of 3 hrs/ day, and this isn't intended to be a main source of income.

Toxic Management Culture

70 years of horrible labour relations led to a culture of nepotism, punitive labour culture. Targeting and harrassment of certain workers from.mgt for their own career advancement. Punitive not corrective discipline. An overburdened workforce given unrealistic workloads designed on covertly manipulated work measurements data. And the workers are blamed not the workload. Seniority system ensures new hires wirkave hardest work for less pay forced upon them through legislation.

Pros

Unionized

Cons

Toxic culture

Toxic environment

I gave up another job to work at Canada Post and it was the worst mistake I ever made. Zero training, very toxic environment, no one does their job and it's all who you know if you want to advance within the organization. I liked the job but the letter carrier's are awful and management even worst. No one helps each other out and no one thinks twice to throw you under the bus and spread lies. Extremely disappointing for my career but at the end of the day, it was their loss!

Pros

Good pension

Cons

Toxic environment, back stabbing, zero support

N/a

Good place to work and safe work environment.Plenty of parking space.Colleagues generally helpful.Nice benefits if you get into full time position.

Not a good place to work.

I was hired over 10 years ago. The worst thing about the job is not the job. The job is great and doable, it’s the supervisors that destroy the awesomeness of the job. All management make bonuses based on your attendance, your injuries, the flyers you deliver, and many other ridiculous things. You are hounded daily about the least important aspects of your job.

Pros

Exercise, customers, being outside.

Cons

Management.

Used to be a good job.

Has been going downhill since the great Recession. Two tier pay scale which will never match senior employees. Pension stripped. Super high turnover. So sad.

Only work! Working in the machinery computer customer service Handling mail parcel Priorities mail registered mail ere

Team player and good public relation. Can adjust any time any where with anyone. Hard working.Never any complaint. Can work any time morning evening weekend.

Other than the salary, I have nothing positive to say about either the job, supervisorsor or management

They, supervisors and managers, claim to care and push their PAID disability management and PAID doctors but its entirely and complete BS. There is very little respect given to workers by supervisors and managers, and they foster and feed a toxic work environment. There is even less respect or care for those who are sick. It's profit before workers unless CPC pays professionals for the response that the corporation wants or requires in order to justify their "caring" conduct.

Overall great place to work

Day starts with boost up meeting on how we have to do our job safely and securely. Basically you are doing everything by your own. Very friendly atmosphere. Hardest part is the weather Most enjoyable part of the job is being outside to the environment.

Jobs at Canada Post

in Vancouver, BC
See more jobs

Steady work.

Need highly trained supervisors. Money is standard since union lost most of it's authority. To be hired tiday means less money and no benefits. Teamworkers are rare and many people now do not see working for Canada Post as a permanent career.

Pros

Job security

Cons

Supervision

Good Work Life Balance

Good work life balance and strong work culture. Good benefits and ability to take time off and unwind. Slow paced. Older working environment, tyrying to get younger and with the new times.

Learn a trade, have a much better life. Stay clear.

This job is perfect if you started 30 years ago and are now retiring. I am glad I returned to my trade after having had my mind set on working for CP. I really tried and pushed and did my best to make things work, but honestly for $20.40/hr this is a terrible job. As a term you have no assurance of attaining full time any time soon, and the expectations laid upon you far exceed those of Full Timers, also no benefits. CP opened the flood gates to the world of parcels and junk mail. And the demands on workers grow daily. You max out at $27/hr. I make far more as a 3rd year Apprentice along with much better benefits and pension packages through my Union. Stay clear of this job. I ended up having a soft tissue wear injury develop in my hip and told my Superintendant I wanted to take a day off to see the doctor. He started pulling up old Facebook posts of me doing martial arts and squats at the gym. He bullied me immediately into not filing a WCB claim - which I wasn't even looking to file... I was looking for light-duties. Stay clear.

Pros

Exercise? Maybe? Don't be fooled by the benefits and 'wage'.

Cons

Long hours, too much stress, no job satisfaction.

This is a life time career

Typical day for me is to set up my incoming mail and sort it for delivery. Check for any registered mail for my area and scanned it in our received box. Then go out in any kind of weather and delivery it to each house. I have had some great Supervisors and not so great Supervisors. You learn to adapt as with any employment. The work place is great. Many great people I have worked with. The hardest part of this work is carrying 35 lbs of mail in all types of weather and handling Dogs and sometimes people. The best part of the job was meeting so many new faces in the work place and out with the public.

Pros

Go home when you finished the job and still get paid. A lifetime of steady work.

Cons

The weather.

Just a short seasonal work time

Only worked those two Christmas rush times so can't really note anything and a mail carrier I always wanted to be to much computer work and they as checking on occasion it reads that they expect you to use your own vehicle as they will give you so much gas allowance.

Pros

Fair wages

Cons

Only part time

Horrible

I worked at Canada Post while the Vancouver School Board was on Strike, I tried to make it work. With all the new changes at the time, the long term staff were not very friendly to contract staff. Management was horrible and in a uproar.

Hilarious place to work years ago, not now

I love being a letter carrier. I was paid to excersize and generally a lot of the other carriers are super great to work with. Hard work but well worth it

Pros

Early morning start so home early

few hours

minimum hours available. not a very friendly place to work. management versus employees is a very common theme there. decent pay, but hours not available

Pros

pay rate

Cons

available hours

Numerous Departments

Depending on the department you are in Canada Post may be a great place to work or a very negative one. There are some great management people and some horrible one.

Postal Clerk

The manager and co-workers were excellent, as well as the delivery pick-up guys. Always stopped and had a nice chat. The computer system, RPS, is awful and outdated, you will loose your mind using it.

Pros

Enviroment

Extremely stressful workplace

A typical day at work entails sortation in the morning at the depot, where tensions run high and I often am privy to yelling matches between coworkers and management. The workplace culture is very antagonistic. The demands put upon the workers creates an environment of stress and exhaustion. Overtime is expected, and if a worker is unable to do overtime they are questioned and / or shamed by management. Canada Post is a demanding corporation which exploits its workers. Upper management is composed of a roster of people who have multiple complaints against them regarding psychological abuse and discrimination. There are very few people at work who are happy with their job, and most disclose quietly to one another that they feel trapped and are unhappy.

Pros

The pay, benefits

Cons

Long hours, toxic work environment, physical strain

3.3Job security/advancement