Canada Post logo
Canada Post

Canada Post Employee Reviews in Saskatoon, SK

Found 6 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,796 reviews

I enjoyed my time there

Although I was never part of a strike, I can say I enjoyed my time being a post office clerk. It was a challenging job that made me test myself for the first-time in my work life as a fresh high school graduate.

Horrible Management

You will be loaded up like a pack mule almost every day. Management will lie straight to your face. Management is not transparent in any way but they expect you to be. There is supposedly a weight limit on how much you can carry at a time, but management does not care about that. You will have many days where you cannot fit everything necessary into your bag, but you have to find a way to carry it all. I was told that it is acceptable to bring a few pieces of mail back to the depot (if you missed a few houses by accident, or something like that) but then got yelled at by management for doing so. I was on Covid leave in December of 2020 due to possible exposure while working in the main plant in Saskatoon. While on Covid leave, my supervisor would call and text almost every day to see when I would be back to work. Routes are too long, days are too heavy, and management does nothing to help alleviate this.

Pros

The work day can be done in under 8 hours, if you're fast enough and if it's a light mail day.

Cons

Management, being overworked almost every day, unappreciated and disrespected

Holiday Work Crew

I was employed in 'The Pit' where incoming parcels are sorted into bins for delivery to about two dozen postal locations across Saskatchewan. This job was a great workout with a lot of walking and carrying.

excellent employer

This has been one of my favorite places to work. great co workers, ok management, good pay, great benefits. overall I would say work here if you can get on

Pros

flexible work environment

Cons

cold weather work

Provided a decent living

After almost 35 years I experienced a corporation that dominated a great deal of interpersonal communication traffic to one that is searching in earnest to find its place again amongst the digital age players. Would only encourage those that can roll with a few punches and can stay on for bumpy ride for the foreseeable future.

Pros

Good benifits

Cons

Poor moral

The work load is medium but very fast paced

Overall, the work environment is well maintained. Management kept team well directed. The work load is medium but very fast paced, Being clean, pleasant and knowledgeable of the services offered. This is a great job especially if you're looking to get in better shape. Huge downfall for Temp permanent if you only work one day the union takes about 80% of your earning and you walk away earning less than minimum wage. They collect as if you have worked a full month even if you have only worked 2 days. They charge you a full 30 days rather than taking 1/30th or 2/30ths of your income. Not at all fair and very frustrating.

Pros

Great co-workers

Cons

If you only work one day, the union takes about 80% of your earning and you walk away earning less than minimum wage

Jobs at Canada Post