Canada Post

Canada Post Employee Reviews in Ottawa, ON

Ottawa, ON107 reviews

Found 107 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,998 reviews
parcelpostmaillettercarrierroutesortingunion

Benefits and pension. Go for it

Delivery Agents work in all weather. It is a demanding job but get through the first few weeks and you become stronger and learn how to make your day better

Pros

Good pay and benefits

Cons

A lot of managers not very good.

Rien

Mauvais mauvais choix ils pensaient qu'avec dix heures par semaine je pouvais nourrir ma famille, en plus ils m'ont dit que après six ans peut-être j'allais avoir temps plein

Pros

Aucun

Cons

Beaucoup

Insights into Canada Post

• Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Great for entry level

A great introduction to the corporate world for a recent grad. Supportive managers and overall a very structured and reliable place to work. The management teams are great.

Stressful. Very Stressful.

I’ve been with CPC for a few years now and worked with many people in many offices. The people IN office (for the most part) are great. We become little weird families and take care of each other because the company does not. Not those of us who do the grunt work. I work in the retail part so I am the face of the company. I’m the one that customers come to, whether it be problems - which they usually blame me for - or to send something. Up above myself and my colleagues in the corporate areas they get bonuses, work from home, best of the best tech, etc. What do we get - the ones that actually could use the tech? Nothing. Refurbished printers older than me, a ‘new’ system that was NOT ready to be launched and an absolutely useless helpline. The only reason I give it two star - and even then it’s hard - is because of the amount of hrs I am required to work vs the amount of benefits I’m entitled to and receive. The benefits are good. HOWEVER, they purposely split the different positions so that ONLY post masters basically get the dental coverage. Like literally by 45 mins or an hour do my colleagues and myself miss out on dental. AND IT IS DONE PURPOSELY SO THAT THEY DONT HAVE TO PAY OUT.

A place where you can deliver for Canadians and each other every day

Great people from all corners of Canada, working together for a common purpose and values. Focused not only on delivering a great experience but also considering the impact tot he environment and social responsibility that comes with being one of the largest crown corporations in Canada.

Amazing

Great place to work at. Although things can be fast paced , Canada post is a great employer. I very much enjoyed it. Only con is short hours as postal clerk

Good entry level job

I do love my experience. Good pay and benefits if you're a term or permanent. Management and colleagues are really supportive. Can be difficult to get a permanency

Good place to work. Busy, but fulfilling. Great benefits and possibility of advancement.

I have been working here for nearly 20 years and had the opportunity to advance within the company numerous times. The pace of work is rapid and some days you don't see them go by.

Pros

Benefits and opportunities for advancement

Cons

There are some days that are long days

A Change in culture, for the benefit of all has happened!

Before the postal transformation, letter carriers were in Heaven with sometimes 4 hours of work and paid for 8. The time has changed and it only made sense, although the transformation was not an easy passage for some of us, it was required at Canada Post and it is guaranteed that todaY, IT'S ALL FOR THE BEST.

Pros

Great benifits

Cons

Discipline with employees somtimes heavy.

Good pay, short shifts

I’m a long time casual employee 5+ years in the fleet department. Best job in the company. I don’t know what else to say other than good pay, great people do your job and supervisors will leave you alone.

Pros

No punch clock

Cons

Winter sucks

Long term job?

It ok. Salary it good processing fromDay 1 to now have been very long. You have to be patient to have a part-time Position or a Permanent position they dont give a lot of hours

Pros

Good perk.

Cons

Some Staff are mean and Disrespectful. Dont respect the rules and dont care.

Overworked and constantly changing working hours

At the beginning Canada Post was the best job I ever had. The pay was great. But unfortunately as the years went by and Canada Post constantly making changes to the work hours of start and finish and to the work place. Canada 🇨🇦 Post went from my dream job to being very glad that I retired. Canada Post made sure that they worked you hard and they got their money's worth out of you.I would not recommend Canada Post as a good safe place to work. At Canada Post you don't matter.

Pros

lunch and 2 15 minute breaks

Cons

very heavy work load physically and mentally s

A great palce to work

I did my internship at Canada Post and I was so pleased with my experience. I had a well-organized onboarding procedure and the culture was amazing. Very diverse place that everyone in the team was so helpful.

Pros

Culture, work flexibilty, diversity

Toxic management and Unions

Worst choice of my life. Although the years of work have brought me transferable experience, it has taught me not the be complacent and have the courage to change yourself, Don't think that just because someone pays you that you are happy, I feel that Canada post is for those that want to do nothing but play the real life version of a drama filled survivor. Management doesn't care in real life they only do what is required to continue their facade. The unions barely get anything done. They work far below the expectation and those expectation are already tailored to be as relaxed as possible. If you not with the in crowd of management dont EVER expect them to develop you for advancement, your work will fall on the blind and deaf. Weak emotional people will go postal due to the toxicity of this MIckey Mouse Corporation. I can only hope for the privatisation of this corporation to restore and faith in this dysfunctional enterprise

Pros

pay

Cons

everything else.

Polices Politics Politics

Good enough place to work. Should be paid better for the job. OK benefits. Training available. Need to be psychologically fit. No balance in the job content and politics.

Pros

flexible hours

Cons

weird teamwork environment

There are times of fast past operations mainly in the morning...

There are times of fast past operations mainly in the morning... With the right attitude and the ability to solves customer issue and EE requirements, you will never see the time going by. Every day is different in it's own way.

Pros

OT well paid

Cons

Many EE and Union interviews required.

Busy

Quick paced environment. Great work for individuals who enjoy working alone, as your basically in the warehouse for a few hours in the morning to sort your mail thenyour off on your own delivering for the day.

Team Work environnement

My time at Canada Post was very enriching, I have learn a lot in all aspect of the business from operations to training with the transformation. I left for a job offer in management in paper industry. Looking back at my move, with the news in fast decline, I never would have left.

Pros

Team work

Cons

Fast past every day.

One of the best places to work

Amazing experience working with the great team in a distributed team environment, innovating on technology and amazing customers with new products and solutions.

Tough Job, bad management.

Avoid Canada Post. I was a mailman for 11 years and rarely was I able to get time off to do the things I always wanted to do. Management is not interested in doing favors to workers so they can enjoy life activities outside of work. Do not even think of time off without pay, even if you have worked 6 months straight with no vacation. No sickleave. Only 7 personal days a year. Mailman is NOT an easy job and 7 days a year is not enough. If you use up these 7 days, they will not give you a second of unpaid leave, even for such things as doctor's visit. Canada Post is not beyond telling you to "change your appointment time with your doctor". These have been my personal experiences with CP. Even if you do them favors, they will not repay you in kind. They will only do what is necessary by the rules of the Bargaining Agreement and not a bit more. CP will send out supervisors to check mailboxes to see if you have done your job. This is not a joke. Being a mailman is a tough job. You will deliver in all weather with very few exceptions. If you enjoy being outside and want nothing more than to do your job and go home to enjoy your weekends, CP might work for you. Be very aware however that the corporation-union structure of CP is quite strict and political, so expect no compromises of any sort and be ready to work long stretches with no time off. Be prepared to accept that your body will get used up, and understand that this damage is permanent. I worked at CP for 17 years, please heed this advice. Overall, I have few positives to mention about this company except that I miss the -

Pros

Excercise. Benefits and pension.

Cons

Working in all weather, Stressful management, Uncompromising union, Negative work environment. Heavy toll on the body. No advancement at all unless going management.

Great Career

great career with lots of opportunities for growth and development competitive salaries and great benefits have been with CPC for 14+ years and loving it

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement