Canada Post

Canada Post Employee Reviews in Ottawa, ON

It ok. Salary it good processing fromDay 1 to now have been very long. You have to be patient to have a part-time Position or a Permanent position they dont give a lot of hours
Pros
Good perk.
Cons
Some Staff are mean and Disrespectful. Dont respect the rules and dont care.
At the beginning Canada Post was the best job I ever had. The pay was great. But unfortunately as the years went by and Canada Post constantly making changes to the work hours of start and finish and to the work place. Canada 🇨🇦 Post went from my dream job to being very glad that I retired. Canada Post made sure that they worked you hard and they got their money's worth out of you.I would not recommend Canada Post as a good safe place to work. At Canada Post you don't matter.
Pros
lunch and 2 15 minute breaks
Cons
very heavy work load physically and mentally s
I did my internship at Canada Post and I was so pleased with my experience. I had a well-organized onboarding procedure and the culture was amazing. Very diverse place that everyone in the team was so helpful.
Pros
Culture, work flexibilty, diversity
Worst choice of my life. Although the years of work have brought me transferable experience, it has taught me not the be complacent and have the courage to change yourself, Don't think that just because someone pays you that you are happy, I feel that Canada post is for those that want to do nothing but play the real life version of a drama filled survivor. Management doesn't care in real life they only do what is required to continue their facade. The unions barely get anything done. They work far below the expectation and those expectation are already tailored to be as relaxed as possible. If you not with the in crowd of management dont EVER expect them to develop you for advancement, your work will fall on the blind and deaf. Weak emotional people will go postal due to the toxicity of this MIckey Mouse Corporation. I can only hope for the privatisation of this corporation to restore and faith in this dysfunctional enterprise
Pros
pay
Cons
everything else.
Good enough place to work. Should be paid better for the job. OK benefits. Training available. Need to be psychologically fit. No balance in the job content and politics.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
weird teamwork environment
There are times of fast past operations mainly in the morning... With the right attitude and the ability to solves customer issue and EE requirements, you will never see the time going by. Every day is different in it's own way.
Pros
OT well paid
Cons
Many EE and Union interviews required.
Quick paced environment. Great work for individuals who enjoy working alone, as your basically in the warehouse for a few hours in the morning to sort your mail thenyour off on your own delivering for the day.
My time at Canada Post was very enriching, I have learn a lot in all aspect of the business from operations to training with the transformation. I left for a job offer in management in paper industry. Looking back at my move, with the news in fast decline, I never would have left.
Pros
Team work
Cons
Fast past every day.
Amazing experience working with the great team in a distributed team environment, innovating on technology and amazing customers with new products and solutions.
Avoid Canada Post. I was a mailman for 11 years and rarely was I able to get time off to do the things I always wanted to do. Management is not interested in doing favors to workers so they can enjoy life activities outside of work. Do not even think of time off without pay, even if you have worked 6 months straight with no vacation. No sickleave. Only 7 personal days a year. Mailman is NOT an easy job and 7 days a year is not enough. If you use up these 7 days, they will not give you a second of unpaid leave, even for such things as doctor's visit. Canada Post is not beyond telling you to "change your appointment time with your doctor". These have been my personal experiences with CP. Even if you do them favors, they will not repay you in kind. They will only do what is necessary by the rules of the Bargaining Agreement and not a bit more. CP will send out supervisors to check mailboxes to see if you have done your job. This is not a joke. Being a mailman is a tough job. You will deliver in all weather with very few exceptions. If you enjoy being outside and want nothing more than to do your job and go home to enjoy your weekends, CP might work for you. Be very aware however that the corporation-union structure of CP is quite strict and political, so expect no compromises of any sort and be ready to work long stretches with no time off. Be prepared to accept that your body will get used up, and understand that this damage is permanent. I worked at CP for 17 years, please heed this advice. Overall, I have few positives to mention about this company except that I miss the - more...
Pros
Excercise. Benefits and pension.
Cons
Working in all weather, Stressful management, Uncompromising union, Negative work environment. Heavy toll on the body. No advancement at all unless going management.
great career with lots of opportunities for growth and development competitive salaries and great benefits have been with CPC for 14+ years and loving it
Management poor, moral poor. very old fashion views with management. Treated unfairly, made feel you were replaceable at all time. Would never recommend this place to work. They pay well but for the stress you are put through, it is not worth it.
no problems,did all aspects regarding Canada post,parcel driver,5ton driver;fork lift operator,letter carrier,inside postal clerk,would recommend to anyone to apply here.
Had great work hours. Worked at my own pace. Busy and at times stressful workload. Had to provide own transportation and upkeep of car. Loved the hours and flexibility.
Working environment is great , the people are very nice and caring. Would like to advance into a different position but based off seniority. Great benefits package.
I loved working for Canada Post.I have had 48 years of working experience and over the years Canada Post was my favorite by far. Although it is not classified as an essential service, it truly is, despite today’s technology! Much of the public still depend on our service.
I loved working with Canada Post for nearly 20 yrs. I had to leave because of health. I would work there in a heartbeat if they could offer me a stable position.
Working in accounts payable is a blast at Canada post. everyone there is very open and willing to answer any questions that you might have, the manager in the department also does an amazing job of offering a work-life balance. So long as you work hard you will be rewarded.
Working for Canada post was a delight. I was there 17 years and had to leave due to relocation outside the country. Under the new collective agreement the benefits had changed but still a very secured job to have.
Horrible management and horrible people. The people who work here are complete scum and there practices are predatory. The government should step up and do something instead of feeding off of tax payers money.
Proudly Canadian. Good working conditions, salary and benefits. Enjoyable workplace. A lot of red tape. Tough to implement changes. archaic and hierarchical.