Canada Post

Canada Post Employee Reviews in London, ON

Found 26 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,817 reviews

I,personally, felt relaxed and confident.

I loved working at CPC, on a personal basis. However, others felt intimated and regarded as not valued. There is a tenancy to keep employees on staff, who are not contributing to an overall team spirit. CPC, as a whole do not use Unions efficiently. Regard

Pros

A multitude of team & skill Building.

Cons

Lack of cohesion among groups.

Ok job

Schedule is done weekly very hard to plan life especially if you have children. Very strong union in the plant more relaxed in the delivery side of the business. Overall pretty good place to work.

Fun workplace with great people

Canada Post is a great company to work for I have some pretty awesome coworkers. Like any job there is some drama but overal is it a great place to work

Poor management

Poor management, precarious employment. Temp assignments only for 3 years before a permanent position is available. Poor middle management, especially the superintendents.

Secure and interesting

Great job, with great pay and lifelong security. Plenty of room to grow and move about once you’re hired on. Only real drawback is working for a minimum of 1 year as a casual/on call employee.

Good Part Tme Job

Hardest part of the job is the large amount of information required to learn at the start. Have to deal with some difficult customers on a fairly regular basis.

Lots of fun and Interaction with many people

Canada post is crown corporation. I am doing my jobs as delivrey as a proffession. Most the people working over there are no commitment to there work what they are doing .

great place to work

I loved this job was sad to go. I was bumped out by a permanent employee or I would still be there. It was great and good wages. I wish I still worked there

great company!

Great pay for the work - however the art of coaching an employee has been lost to the sixth sigma revolution - you now have to PROVE you are coaching with endless paperwork it seems.

Pros

Compensastion, vacation time

Cons

endless paperwork to prove you are working - but hey! they pay you for the time to do it lol!

N/a

It was great but the work wasn't consistent overnight shifts wasn't suitable for my family situation hardest part of the job is being a casual and last minute call

Current casual

First of all you start off making at least seven dollars less an hour and then a full-time/ part-time worker. It will take you seven years to make top rate after you get hired on which could also take several years. Now that the bad stuff is said it is a good place work the schedule is flexible the other casuals are decent and friendly, however, full-time and part-time employees may not treat casuals as nicely as they would if you were hired on. This is a great place to work towards a future job, not the best scenario for a current job as you'll have to balance two jobs to keep your head afloat

Pros

Flexible schedule, good coworkers, easy work

Cons

Two-tier wage system. Undetermined hours per week.

Great place to work; takes years to get hired full-time.

I love working here and the employees and customers are friendly. In general, the work is not hard but it can be long. When the holiday season sets in, you can do lots of work for several months.

Interesting job with great people as well as challenges

A very good place to work. Interesting job with new challenges every day.Meet many great people in the work place and when on the street delivering mail. We were payed well and I was very proud to work for a Crown Corporation delivering the Queens mail.

Pros

New challenges every day

Cons

the weather

Not much fun, boring repetetive work

Management, and especially upper management leaves a lot to be desired. They could all use some training in people skills ,and how to best handle thwre emoloyees properly and with respect.Especialky, when confkicts are happening in the work-place, and involving descrimintion, obvious and not so apparent.

Pros

holidays, dental plan, pension

Cons

over-worked, will not hire new staff as needed on a timely nature.

Overall I enjoyed working at Canada Post

Overall I enjoyed working with Canada Post. Meeting customers on my route was the most enjoyable part of my job. I also enjoyed working in different parts of the city. The hardest part of the job was working in very unfavorable weather conditions.I learned how to deal with problem solve while out on the route.

A job/career that has kept me in fit shape both physically and mentally .

I truly enjoyed almost every single day that I spent at the post office. My best memories were the many years that I was a letter carrier. Winter , spring , summer , and fall.

Pros

working outdoors and delivery mail and parcels.

Cons

Some very long and challenging days in deep snow and hard rain days.

Worked inside and out

Was a great company to work for. Dealing with the public was the most fun. Worked in London, Toronto, Oshawa, and Mississauga Ontario. Drove Canada post vehicles. Loaded and unloaded trucks. Learn to work with all kinds of people and different management styles.

Ideal work place for advancement, good atmosphere and enjoyable

A great place to work, with regular hours and optimal pay. Everyday you would learn new things, and have challenges to complete. Co-workers were great, and the experience I gained is invaluable. The most enjoyable part of the job was that it was not repetitive, everyday brought a new challenge.

Good part time job.

This was a good part time job while I was going to school because I could wake up in the morning and if there was a snowfall I could get all the snow shoveling done before my morning classes.

Pros

Only shoveled when it snowed.

Cons

Shoveled when it snowed.

I have been able to go through all changes within the Corporation and it has given me a good life and made wonderful friendships over the years.

I have had many opportunities to learn different area of the company and have worked with many challenging personalities. My co-workers were great, friendly helpful people. Management at times can be hard to see the workers point of views. The most enjoyable part of the job is to see the start to finish in the work process.

Pros

Great people, good benefits and pay

Cons

Ongoing union challenges

Volume Counter London, Ontario March 2014

I really enjoyed it and would reapply for another position.

Pros

Fast pace environment and friendly people

3.3Job security/advancement