Canada Post

Canada Post Employee Reviews in Kitchener, ON

Great opportunities for advancement with great pay scale and pension plan. Safety is paramount. Work and life balance excellent.can transfer to positions any where in Canada
Pros
Very safe place to work
Cons
Have to start as casual at first
Nice place to work and management is very helpful too. Work Environment is very safe . I must say whenever you have the opportunity to get it in you should join . Benefits are really good .
A job where you need to have a strong work ethic. You get paid very well for the job you do no matter what level it is in the company. Take the initiative and suggest new processes and cost saving ideas. Participate in group activities such as holiday pot lucks and be a part of the diversity.
Pros
Excelleant wages and benefits.
Cons
Inconsistent management
secure job with good pay and benefits. I was not impressed with shift work though and they have little empathy for people with young families. good oppurtunity for advancement.
Pros
good pay and job security
Cons
shift work
Canada post sounds like a good place to work , but at least my experience hasn't been so enjoyable, is hard to get a permanent position, even if you are in a on call basis meaning something you get 8h per month you still need to pay union fees $82, same fees for fulltime workers, pension plan is not so great, high risk to get injured, unhealthy work environment,
Wage hasn’t moved in years, union does nothing for the workers. Poorly managed, and not consistent with discipline or lack thereof. Can never seem to agree to anything with the union and always welcoming back to workmlegislatiom
Training for some things could have been better. But overall a good place to work. Performed different duties for 29 years. Clerk, Mail Handler, Letter carrier.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Some Supervisors where unpopular
A great opportunity if you are located in the right city. Great pay. Too many seniority politics. Night shift only. Takes took long to get a full time job.
Pros
great pay for what you do.
Cons
night shift, makes staff rude.
is a very good place to work. It is a place to learn how postal department is serving the nation. The hardest part of the job is to work with the team because all people are not same. And most interesting thing is flexibility at work.
Canada Post is moving ahead. The company is putting the correct measures in place to ensure competitiveness in the future. The introduction of new technology has galvanized a promising future for the Crown Corporation.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
As an on call postal clerk you will get called occasionally throughout the year, but most often around November/December/January. You will sort incoming packages into various shelves/bins, based on postal code. The pay is great, and the hours are typically night shift. The system that calls you for shifts is terrible and you will find out that Canada Post has very little ability in organization. Also, corporate hates the union, the union hates corporate, and sometimes it feels like the workers hate everyone. Very negative work environment. Estimated 10+ years before an on call postal clerk will get part-time or full-time permanent..
Pros
Wage
Cons
Eclipse Call System, negative work culture
I enjoyed eachone of my coworkers. I did not like the way in which management dealt with new carriers. I was put in a dangerous situation by management simple because they wanted to get mail out quickly. I was injured, then forced to report for work. even though I was not physically capable of completing any tasks associated with my job.
Pros
physically active
Cons
dangerous conditions in the winter
Fairly easy going as long you are well organized, you will learn a lot about how the mail system works and that there is much more to it than we see as consumers. Most co-workers are very friendly, supportive people that will do their utmost to help you succeed and get through the tough parts of the job. The hardest parts of the job are probably memorization of the various ways which you need to process mail dependent on circumstance and the adjustment to the physical demand on your body if you are a foot-walk letter carrier. There are many enjoyable aspects of the job from socialization to the work out it provides to the compensation and advancement opportunities, it all depends on your personality and what motivates you.
Lots of room to grow and improve as an employee. Lots of room for advancement within the company, from technician, to lead hand to supervisor, to possible super intendant.
I like working as a member in a friendly team,with the best supervisors ever. I always meet the deadlines and complete my tasks perfectly.
great 30 years loved interaction with customers daily the hours flex able kept me healthy and fit hardest part winter storms
Pros
regular employement
Cons
weather
The work was physical and very hard at times, but I did enjoy my time there. The changes made the job impossible to do, and since I needed to finish my education in bookkeeping I had to take time off as a Casual Letter carrier and focus on my schooling. In the end I had to leave the job since my availability was focused on school. The work was very patchy in hours. some months I would have lots of work, and suddenly none. I learned to be quick and walk/run far. total of 30 kilometers some days. organisation was a must.
Sort mail. Review parcels and record bar codes and download information into scanner. Scan all flyers going out that day and take out along with all pertinent mail. Management fails to assist letter carrier and bullies workers especially casual on call carriers. Hardest part of the job is remembering everything we have to do in such a short amount of time The most enjoyable part of the job is being outside and serving customers while mail delivering.
Pros
fresh air
Cons
Long hours and confusion for casuals
A typical day at work as a full time postal clerk is now at least in the area I worked in (Kitchener) is now a night position.I learned the way the mail process works and the problems that Canada Post needs to focus on to improve.The direct supervisors are genuinely decent people for the most part but are not well supported for the job they have to do.Upper management seems to have forgotten that the way to prosperity for this business is in customer service and customer satisfactionMy co-workers for the most part were good people working to support their families.The hardest part of the job is watching the company I once was proud to represent become lost from it's purpose.
Pros
decent money, good benefits and a pension
Cons
night work and poor environment to work and be productive in