Canada Post
Happiness score is 72 out of 100

Canada Post Employee Reviews in Kimberley, BC

Found 1 review matching the search
Worked as a rural contractor/sub-contractor, sorting & delivering mail & parcels to cmb modules (postal boxes) and parcel delivery to the door. The pay is decent, however they do NOT take any deductions off your pay, so unless you have many deductions, you will end up having to pay the government HUGE income tax. Because I functioned as a fill-in (sub-contractor) for the contractor of the route, I was not entitled to any of the union benefits or perks, nor did I acquire any seniority, which made it difficult to apply for any other job postings from within, or have any chance of retaining my job when the contractor of the route retires. The job itself is okay, but it’s ridiculous that a crown corporation treats its personnel so unfairly, and although I was doing the exact job as the contractor, I was paid differently and without the same perks/benefits. This is a busy job position with many hoops to jump through, too many politics and shoddy treatment from the general public (due to misinformation on the part of Canada post and retailers). To anyone who thinks this job would be easy, I say RUN....IT ISN’T WORTH IT.
Pros
Working outside
Cons
Working outside, unfair treatment from company as well as general public