Canada Post logo
Canada Post

Canada Post Employee Reviews in Kelowna, BC

Found 22 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,796 reviews

Canada Post has changed a lot over the years. It's hard on the body and the work life balance is not ideal.

Expect to work long hours and walking distances up to 27kms per day. Yes per day. Not per week. The atmosphere between the employees and management is generally very strained. So e management is very nice but most you have to watch yiurself around.

Pros

Good pension, good job security once you're in a permanent position, Fresh air, Lots of physical exercise.

Cons

Long days, Almost nonexistent work/life balance, Pay is not competitive with the cost of living in most areas, Management can be difficult, The union side of things can be a pain, A large amount of wear and tear on your body if you are a door to door delivery location.

Modern day slavery at its finest

Way too heavy workload most days. Customer service is non existent based on this fact and you are forced to treat people poorly. I would avoid at all costs

Pros

Work by yourself

Cons

Long days, poor management, painfully dated technology and vehicles, on call, no benefits

Caustic Supervisors and Managers spoil what could be a good job. HIGH risk of injury.

Working at Canada Post was the most stressful job I had in MANY years. - the work is physically demanding - and that part was great - wonderful way to get in shape walking if you are a Letter Carrier. Now the bulk of the manual sorting is done - so perhaps that means that the worker can spend LESS time IN the office / Delivery Centre. STAY AWAY FROM MANAGEMENT.In my opinion - Management or lack of effective management is THE problem at Canada Post. I met and was honoured to work with many hard-working people who knew how to move mail. But they all worked overnight shifts - - and they did this by choice - because that is where all the brand new supervisors and managers get sent - so the long-term workers go there for less hassle. THEY teach the supervisors who are smart enough to learn.MOST of the supervisors and managers are so negative they are caustic. They make a physically demanding job that CAN be fun - dangerous. In My Opinion Supervisors who regularly coerced workers back to duty before they had properly-recovered from injuries - is why my body still aches needlessly today. The act of dealing with the weather, customers and physically delivering the mail - - is nothing - compared to the joke of trying to work for the current management. They manage - by disciplinary action. Or that was my overall experience after almost ten years as both a driver of all sizes of vehicles and as a Letter Carrier in Depots in more than one province.

Pros

You get great exercise if you want it - and you get to go home at night.

Cons

Terrible Management and high risk of damage to your body: if not acute, by injury, long-term damage to joints, like arthritis, is VERY likely.

Careful what you wish for!!

I’ve worked for Canada Post for over 15 years, all in the same building in Kelowna and it’s scary to see the supervisors and management run this place into the ground. This place has never run so poorly, largely in part to the supervisors, superintendent and manager not having a clue what they’re doing. The pay is nowhere near where it should be, and if I wasn’t so close to retirement I would be looking for another job ASAP!!

Pros

Exercise

Cons

Everything else

flexible work

Working for government seems like an awesome idea with decent pay but after all the training fingerprinting background cheeks and all the testing you are ready to rock hard but unfortunately what they don't tell you that you start as a casual worker, call into work maybe few times a month and regardless how many hours you work you will have to pay union dues $98. Which will most likely make you work for less then minimum vague. And then you will hope that some day you can become part time worker well make sure you ready to wait 2 to 3 years as it goes by seniority.

Pros

security

Cons

not good pay after union dues

Poor experience

My supervisor did not act with my best interests in mind. I requested a medical leave which was not submitted. And union rules are not explained well, so my grievance was not filed in time.

Pros

Colleagues

Cons

Station manager

training

not enough training is provided, keep hiring new casuals but do not provide them with the tools to do the job properly. Supervisors have never done the job required so they cant train as they don't know the job

Fine

Good enough place to work. Should be paid better for the job. Great benefits. Training available. Need to be physically fit. No balance in the duration of your work day.

Great Place to work

Great place to work I learned a lot. The good things about the job. I learned about post office operations and how it is run. Canada Post is a good place to work.

Feast or famine

My opinion is this is a job for someone single and young who doesn't mind not having a regular schedule- working either not at all or tons of overtime. As a casual it's impossible to have a family schedule or know when & how long, or even if you will be working. You either wait for a call and then don't work or it's a minimum 8 hour day, could be 12 as that's the company expectation if that's what it takes to deliver the route. The work itself is fine once you get the hang of it and I have found both union & management good to work with. The pay is fair.

Pros

get to work independantly, active, be outside

Cons

you either work not at all or really long hours

Jobs at Canada Post

in Kelowna, BC
See more jobs

Fast Paced

On the job training is not great, very fast paced and can be overwhelming when you first start. Once you get passed the 3 month mark things start to get easier and more enjoyable.

Pros

full dental and extended medical

Cons

management

Productive environment.

Great Place to work I learned a lot about delivery service and how day to day operations work.Canada post is an great place to work. I would recommend.

Production warehouse

What an awesome job. Lots of room to advance. They take the time to train you. If you need time off for an appointment, they work with you. Very accommodating.

Pros

A team atmosphere

Cons

Hot in the summer. Cold in the winter.

I love working here!

The job is never dull. It's always changing and the people are great. There is lots of room for advancement or relocation and the pay and benefits are phenomenal.

Great Company

I had fun working for Canada Post. I was there on one month contract and it was interesting learning and mail delivering. I would not hesitate working their.

Pros

Great people

Cons

on call hours

It was a fun place to work while it lasted. People were great and it was fun to learn how your mail gets to us. the only downside is that is on call but you get more hours with more time working there.

Keeps you busy

It is convenient and you can work at your own pace. Lots of outdoors and interaction with others. I choose when to work, and its an independent job...

Canada Post Jobs

In the beginning working for Canada Post in hard work and long hours. But once you get used to it the work gets easier and you get faster the days do get shorter and you learn to love it. Most people are very nice to you and you look forward to the walk and seeing customers.

Pros

Pay is good

Cons

you are a number

Good Place to work

Good , high paying job. The only problem is that new hires seem to only get the graveyard shift. I understand its a union shop, however, if they want to retain reliable people, they need to distribute the shifts better.

I really enjoyed working at canada post

This would have to be my most favorite job. I had my own letter carrier route, and really enjoy working with the public.

Cons

good pay

Job was great and taught me how to withstand the outdoor elements

I was resposible for sorting and delivering mail. I had a great experience there.

3.3Job security/advancement