Canada Post

Canada Post Employee Reviews in Fort St. John, BC

Found 2 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,812 reviews

Fast paced workplace with support from management

Working as a Letter Carrier at Canada Post is a great job. You work at your own pace and are paid a fair wage. When I started I struggled with the different routes I worked as I was new to the city. But management supported me and helped me get the hang of the job. Support from your fellow colleagues is more hit and miss. While almost all my colleagues have a generous and supportive nature, as a Letter Carrier, you are more out on your own. Easy to get time off and opportunities throughout the year to earn overtime. The weather can be daunting but proper dress and attitude make all the difference.

Pros

Get to set your own pace - strong sense of accomplishment when route is finished

Cons

Some days have more mail/parcels making things a bit stressful (but I'm still new)

Cultural challenge, not easily changed.

Every day a challenge. Being in a management position meant that you had to wear many hats. Most difficult aspect of the job was making everyone happy, employees, union, upper management.

Pros

on going training and travel.

Cons

a union that played far too strong a role in the day to day operations.

Jobs at Canada Post