Canada Post
Happiness score is 66 out of 100

Canada Post Employee Reviews in Calgary, AB

Calgary, AB100 reviews

Found 100 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,999 reviews

Above industry wage but no career progress.

If you want to remain where you are for the rest of your life and guaranteed job security, this is the place for you. No career advancement unless you 'belong' or know someone in upper management.

Pros

Nice place to work if you're with the right team ..or people.

Cons

The pay and benefit is great. The union is useless and not worth the amount deducted. Unfortunately, the two major minority groups are ra ...t and think the organization belongs to them.

Great place , can me hard at times

the hardest part of here in certain areas is the waiting for work as its seniority based and that can make getting a perm position long. Other than that I find working here great and the co workers are friendly and helpful.

Insights into Canada Post

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Fun to work if you are a good crew or shift.

There advantages and disadvantages on a unionized company, workers tend to get lazy and complains all the time. They want you to work according to their pace which I hate most of the time.

Stay away!

Bullying intimidation, lots of human rights complaints that go no where and micromanagement by supervisors and managers that have never done the job, or care to know it, lots of lying! Horrible!Co workers are great but that’s it!

I am so proud of to be an employee of the canada post.

One question: we do the same work as senior employees (more than five years). Why does the new employee couldn't get the full pay for the first five years? We do the same work as senior employees (more than five years).

If you’re good at taking orders and following somewhat of routine, might be the place for you

toxic atmosphere with toxic people, no reward for the ones who do work hard, and the lazy seem to be rewarded and never reprimanded, that’s a good old union for you

Pros

You do get a break every two hours

Cons

Lunch cafeterias are fairly overcrowded and no healthy food options

Underpaid and under appreciated

I love my job. I love working with the customers that come in, and I love the atmosphere that most customers create. However, I’ve had problems with management that I can’t voice because (without my knowledge) I was hired for a position I wasn’t old enough to be in and wasn’t qualified for (you need to be 18 and have a high school diploma, I was 16 and in the 11th grade), so if I ask for any pay raise I will likely just be fired. I’m only making $15.15/hr, which is in the minimum wage, however I recently found out my older coworkers were being paid $17.50/hr. We’re doing the exact same job, and we were all hired at the same time (it was a new location) so there is ABSOLUTELY NO REASON I should be paid less than my coworkers. Knowing I’m being paid less simply because they can and I can’t do anything about it is a huge drain on my respect for my supervisors and management. Not only that, I’ve only been working 4-12 hours a week despite asking for more hours. So I’m making around $200 to $300 per paycheque and I really can’t keep doing it. I love my job and I really don’t want to have to leave because of bad bosses.

Pros

Good environment, 30% store discount (shoppers drug mart only)

Cons

I kept changing my response to fit the, specifications because you can only put so many, cons and have to separate with commas, there were so many cons after 5 tries I, couldn’t even list half of them, so that’s the con.

Great pay for the work type but starting as casual makes it is hard to make a living.

The job has relatively stress and good pay per hour. It takes a couple of years to progress from casual to part time. You rotate positions after every break so you are not stuck doing the same thing all of the time.

Pros

Good hourly pay.

Cons

Short notice for calls ins.

Work place like bees

They stress you for time, more stress in very cold weather lots of Supervis everybody your boss, you feel very tired you come back home you just wanna get some peace and rest and good sleep to start the same stressful next morning

Cons

Stressful

Great if you can accept Part time, on call work.

If you're hired as a temporary on-call relief carrier, just know there will be weeks you don't even get a call. The job is geared more towards someone who may have another source of income.

Pros

Good company

Cons

-On call - Not enough hours outside of peak season.

I love it . amazing people and staff

I love working there, very good people, can not be better. very nice staffs, work is amazing, benifits is really good, they always care about your saftey , working in winter time is very challenging but it helps us to grow.

Pros

sick days, benifits, job security

Cons

working in very cold -20C weather is not fun

Productive and fun working environment.

It’s a good place to work.Easier than other warehouses.Christmas time- very busy with lots of OT hours.Offers casual,PT and FT positions.Overall- recommend!

Pros

Unionized

You get what you sign up for. Great during the summer, terrible during the winter

I spent 14 years at Canada post and it’s great place to work. The blame gets passed around efficiently and you’ll never find yourself in trouble. It’s too big of a company to sweat the small stuff like a missing parcel, just don’t miss flyers or you’ll be taking money out of there pocket in which case bye bye pension.

Pros

Never get fired

Cons

Cold

I enjoyed all the different jobs I did at Canada Post.

I was very lucky to make a lifetime career out of working for the post office. It was amazing. I met many lifetime friends there. It’s not really a flexible job but depending what job you do, you could make it more so. It was good money. If you were a letter carrier it was the best because by the time you were finished work, your kids were just finishing school. You worked days only and every holiday you got off. Except Easter Week and summer holidays.

Honest people doing an important job

The best thing about Canada Post is ' Safety First'. A typical day starts with a reminder from the supervisor that the workers should pay attention to their own safety and others more than anything else. In the training itself, they emphasized that if u put some parcel in the wrong container by mistake it's not the end of the world. Don't get hurt trying to retrieve it back. The presence of the union ensures the rights of workers. Payscale and benefits are appreciable. Although we do hope for more improvement, please. The workplace culture is admiring too. Most workers are helping each other out in a friendly manner with very few exceptions of course. Overall I am grateful to Canada Post for hiring me and giving me an opportunity to learn and grow while doing an important job with all those honest people. Thanks a lot!

Pros

Free lunches, t shirts, backpacks, coupons etc.

Cons

Physically straining at the peak times

Work and fun

Good company to workand helpful staff manager and supervisor are great. Timing are great . Work culuture is very good . I like working there . I recomend people who is lokking for job .

Enjoy it a lot

Depending on the manager on, things are organized and I get my excersize. The pay is a bit low, it can be a bit stressful for 21 per hour. Hoping to advance to ft soon.

Why review I thin my comments are satisfactory

Over all very satisfying job Not sure after 39 years if it would be a good choice today Work with fantastic people Some management exceptional others not so much power corrupts

Pros

Love overtime

Cons

Can't think of any

Poor place to work

There was a lot of yelling and screaming at the office. The management team always fight with the union employees. Bad work atmosphere. The training received did not match the reality of the job.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Bad work environment bad training

Canadian Crown Corp that is Profitable

Although not well known, the crown corporation “Canada Post” has been profitable for mNy years and only shows any negative activity when the Government pulls in the retirement surplus (or not) into the mix. This is a Unionized shop environment and requires those who work here to pay a portion of their wage to the union itself (where this may raise the ire of some it does more good than bad in the long run) In any event the work is steady and requires mental knowledge of the mailing system and training is supplying oversll it’s a good place to work

Pros

Reasonable wages and time off

Cons

Work/life balance can take a hit

Awesome

Working for such a fantastic company is an amazing experience. Perfect work life balance, and pay is great. The training is comprehensive, and the managers are supportive and helpful.

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement