Canada Post Employee Reviews in Barrie, ON

Found 13 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,812 reviews

stressful but rewarding

Working as a casual it's a very stressful job coming in to sort and deliver routes you don't know. Most of the time no one is there to help you and you end up working 9 to 10 hour days without even finishing the route. ALTHOUGH, you get paid great money to walk and get exercise while also listening to music and getting to spend time outside. Overall It's a great job with awesome people and you get good exercise!

Disorganized and petty

Management is horrible to work for. They do not even care enough to provide fans in the summer. All management care about is their bonuses! Sadly disappointed ☹️ Union only cares about full time letter carriers. No care for part time or casual employees or inside depot workers. Union is horrible and self serving. I would opt out if I could.

Pros

Pay is good

Cons

Management. No training

Summary

The training session was a short but thorough and easy to understand. We did some hands-on training also. The job itself was straightforward and time flew by. The materials we needed where always provided. I would be happy to do this temporary job again!

Busy, enjoyable workplace.

Training was provided for a variety of jobs I was given. Staff was good to work with and I loved the fast pace. The hours are somewhat flexible within your shift and the breaks are sufficient. Safety is stressed. Management advises the highlights expected during the shift and makes themselves available to any difficulties.

love my job

I work early morning and get done at a fairly early afternoon would love something in the evenings or weekends now that my kids are grown up the thing a love about my job is the exercise and meeting new people on a daily matter.

good job

fast paced must be flexible alot of day is spent walking environment is outdoors most likely . sorting and multi tasking is an asset if u can do it must pocess a license

it is what you make it

The best of both worlds, you get to work inside and organize your day and then go on the road for your deliveries. It's nice to meet your customers and have a chat, I love my customers, they are wonderful. I get along very well with management, they are a great bunch of people, you can always take your concerns to them. Everyone gets along, you can be as social as you want or if you would rather keep to yourself that is fine too. I think the hardest part is the difference between LC's and RSMC's.

Pros

being on the road

Cons

amount and size of parcels

Canada Post

Canada post is a great place to work. Lots of opportunities to advance and further your postion. Benefits, pay, pension and all the extras make it a wonderful placw to work.

Pros

Benifiets and Pay

work ethic

I found my 5 years at Canada Post was very stressful when one week you work 60 hours and then you could be off for 2 to 3 weeks with no work. Always waiting for a call, and no benefits at all.

Pros

money and able to be outside working on your own.

Cons

work availabe, very limited hours and no benefits.

I enjoyed being busy and the other employees were great to work with, just wish the job was permanent instead of contract.

Jobs at Canada Post

in Barrie, ON
See more jobs

The people make it a joy to come to work

Opportunity to work in a variety of job positions. A happy atmosphere - always music playing. A high intensity, fast paced environment but never a feeling of overbearing pressure.

Pros

Good wage and benefits

Cons

Little chance for advancement

Independent Contractor

I was an independent contractor.Typical day started at 6am and ended at 6pmCo-workers were great.The hardest part of the job were the long days and the poor driving conditions at times.Working for myself was a learning and enjoyable experience.

Pros

being my own boss.

Cons

very long days.

Canada Post

is a good job but is a long haul driving job. usual day is 15.5 hrs per day so there is little time for a home life.my contract ended on July 1,2012

Pros

good money

3.3Job security/advancement

Compare Canada Post with

• Canada Post
  • Barrie, ON
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?