Canada Post logo
Canada Post

Canada Post Employee Reviews in Abbotsford, BC

Found 5 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,797 reviews

unstable

Worked for 15+ years as an independent contractor. Unstable with the varies bid contracts and changes to route. Sub contact supervisor has not been pro-active and as a result many have suffered and left the company.

On the surface it looked good

The corporate training seemed good and they presented in a manner that suggests that they are a fair and equitable employer. However, in reality each depot is a world unto itself as to how you will be treated. They haven’t had a contract in a few years, the workers are mostly angry and not all are on-board with the manner of training that we were told that we would receive once out of class. It was brutal.

Great Co workers

Wages for new employee's are now lower than they were 20 years ago and the workload is triple what it use to be with less mail and more parcels now. At one time it was a great job if you could get it but not anymore which is why they are constantly hiring new employee's.

Pros

Great co workers that's about it

Cons

Long hours, Physically demanding, Poor wages for new employee's

Wasn't too bad working here

Great job if you love interacting with people. Not the best job considering it got boring when no customers were coming in. Also, not a good job at all if you have a bad back or bad knees because you are standing all day long.

Pros

flexible hours

Cons

boring

Fun job, but can be difficult.Have tobe on your toes.

A typical day at work starts around 6:30 with the sortation and organization of the mail and parcels. we get the keys for the community mail recepticals at 8:30. we load our vehicles and head out and deliver to c.m.b.s as well as road side mail boxes. when completed we return the sorting station to return keys and upload any scanned information.The work has slowed down for the contractors {such as myself} to the point of looking for differant employment Its been a fun and interesting job and I hate to see it go,but thats the way corperations are going these days.

Pros

Its great being outside for most of the day, making your own decisions

Cons

Its not so great when it snows or pours rain.

Jobs at Canada Post