Canada Post

Canada Post Employee Reviews

Found 1,734 reviews matching the search
Great opportunities for advancement with great pay scale and pension plan. Safety is paramount. Work and life balance excellent.can transfer to positions any where in Canada
Pros
Very safe place to work
Cons
Have to start as casual at first
you start as a temp, the only way to become full time is to seek out where in Canada you can transfer to that may have a better opportunity to obtain full timeif a full time position becomes available anyone from anywhere in Canada can transfer in and take itTemps don't get benefits, pension, but are relied on just as much as full timeyou get bumped around and can go weeks or months without work
Pros
pay is ok
Cons
can go many years before getting a perm position
I love working at canada post. Training is good. Great place to work and wage is above fair. The job is not hard and is enjoyable. The only con is if you are a casual employee you don't get hours. I went 3 months without being called in for an assignment but when I do work I really enjoy the work.
Pros
Paid breaks
Cons
Not enough hours given
Reliable long term employment. Pension lots of responsibility Labour union comes with some disruption Start early in your life and retire early too. Best to apply through company website not other sites
I was able to start and finish my work at my pace, but yet efficiently. This was because the volume of mail varied every day. The supervisors were very helpful in providing reflective vests and uniforms as needed.
Pros
The professionalism
Cons
The weather.
Good company to workand helpful staff manager and supervisor are great. Timing are great . Work culuture is very good . I like working there . I recomend people who is lokking for job .
It ok. Salary it good processing fromDay 1 to now have been very long. You have to be patient to have a part-time Position or a Permanent position they dont give a lot of hours
Pros
Good perk.
Cons
Some Staff are mean and Disrespectful. Dont respect the rules and dont care.
Like any other industry there are positives and negatives with this job. What I did was general labor, at times strenuous and depending on the department relaxed and slow. Letter carrying can be quite a challenge, but if you like to be challenged go for it. It can be enjoyable but it can also be overwhelming.The key to working at Canada Post in any of the plants is to work smart, so as not to cause any repetitive type strain injuries or any injury for that matter. In other words, do not over exert yourself and do try to get assistance lifting anything heavy and take your time. You will learn ways in which you can minimize strains while working there, but you may be seen as lazy by some. The important thing is to protect your health and well being. Do your part, an honest days work, but find ways to minimize the strain.There is room for advancement as supervisors are always needed and from there you can climb the ladder and get into other areas of administration. Supervisors though, are caught in the middle between a unionized workforce and trying to give upper management the numbers they want. One of the nicer things about Canada post is a half decent pay rate and ok benefits. The pay is good for unskilled labor even though the current starting rate is lower that those who have been there longer. The benefits are also 1/2 decent. It is nice to have paid sick time and vacation as well as health coverages such as dental and prescription. Some of these coverages could be better, but I guess we have to be thankful for what we have.An unfortunate thing about working there - more...
Pros
unionized, ok pay, some 1/2 decent benefits, some paid sick days, opportunities for advancement
Cons
monotonous, can be hard, heavy and hard on the body
Depending on the manager on, things are organized and I get my excersize. The pay is a bit low, it can be a bit stressful for 21 per hour. Hoping to advance to ft soon.
This company takes advantage of their employees, has a horrible work culture and hires anybody that applies. Management treats you like an animal and the union doesn't really help either. It's all smoke and mirrors with this place.
Pros
Cons
No breaks, poor management, lack of advancement
At the beginning Canada Post was the best job I ever had. The pay was great. But unfortunately as the years went by and Canada Post constantly making changes to the work hours of start and finish and to the work place. Canada 🇨🇦 Post went from my dream job to being very glad that I retired. Canada Post made sure that they worked you hard and they got their money's worth out of you.I would not recommend Canada Post as a good safe place to work. At Canada Post you don't matter.
Pros
lunch and 2 15 minute breaks
Cons
very heavy work load physically and mentally s
I did my internship at Canada Post and I was so pleased with my experience. I had a well-organized onboarding procedure and the culture was amazing. Very diverse place that everyone in the team was so helpful.
Pros
Culture, work flexibilty, diversity
Worked as a rural contractor/sub-contractor, sorting & delivering mail & parcels to cmb modules (postal boxes) and parcel delivery to the door. The pay is decent, however they do NOT take any deductions off your pay, so unless you have many deductions, you will end up having to pay the government HUGE income tax. Because I functioned as a fill-in (sub-contractor) for the contractor of the route, I was not entitled to any of the union benefits or perks, nor did I acquire any seniority, which made it difficult to apply for any other job postings from within, or have any chance of retaining my job when the contractor of the route retires. The job itself is okay, but it’s ridiculous that a crown corporation treats its personnel so unfairly, and although I was doing the exact job as the contractor, I was paid differently and without the same perks/benefits. This is a busy job position with many hoops to jump through, too many politics and shoddy treatment from the general public (due to misinformation on the part of Canada post and retailers). To anyone who thinks this job would be easy, I say RUN....IT ISN’T WORTH IT.
Pros
Working outside
Cons
Working outside, unfair treatment from company as well as general public
I worked as a Seasonal Postal Clerk for about 2 months and it was an amazing experience. The people were so nice and friendly. I will highly recommend this job to anyone. And the pay rate was so good.
Worked casual;y for a short while. Applied for a follow-up job. More than 90% of the applicants got an interview. I was part of the 10% that didn't even receive an email. All questions to them from me and even supervisors went unanswered. Too bad because I was an excellent employee and loved my job.
Pros
Union cares about Safety, pays good, great co-workers
Cons
Getting anything done through the channels is not possible.
I loved working in Hamilton, they were understanding and flexible. Cambridge - Galt was worse, with one new manager not understanding her employee's needs and how to retain talent. You get trucks in Hamilton, which makes winter easier, but Cambridge is walking only, so pretty terrible in - 20 degree weather.
Pros
By yourself a lot, lots of outdoors and exercise
Cons
Cold weather, walking routes are very hard, management
Working at Canada Post is terrific, but if you are located Edmonton like area where winter is harsh, it is extremely difficult on winter. summer is really fun. If you finish your work before designated 8 hours, you can come back to home.
Pros
Exercise, work alone
Cons
Winter season
Positive customer driven company. Management support and collaboration between functions is getting much better at the management level.It is indeed a great place to work.
Pros
Benefits, support staff, training
Cons
Occasional work load
I loved it and I never should have let my job go I miss it. They train you well and if you still need more they explain it till you get it I had the privilege to also work in Timmins and Chapleau every place is different but no matter where you are the workers are great to work with
Pros
Everyone is respectful of everyone it’s a great place to work
Cons
I found the travelling long and I find the shipping of parcels to be sometime confusing
I liked working for Canada post unfortunately I was only a person to take over for people when they needed time off or was sick so there wasn’t enough hours for me but if I could get a full time job with them I would take it
Pros
Every good pay
Cons
Driving all day and sometimes not getting home until late
At first I was excited to work at Canada Post. I'll make a difference I told myself. Boy was I wrong! You come in as a temporary relief carrier. Good luck being full-time permanent as that means they would have to pay you benefits, can't have that! It means you are at the bottom of the barrel. Working outside isn't the issue it's actually a relief being outside away from the depot. Experienced carriers will keep being surprised that you're staying and will tell you. Wear and tear of your body will come quickly. Many older carriers all have some form of injury or surgery that needed to be done related to the job. During the holidays, expect to be the biggest mule in North America. Some routes are very heavy on parcels and packets. Expect to walk at minimum 20+kms per day. Same goes for junk mails...ops, I meant flyers or neighborhood mail. Some routes will have 3-4 of them. Others will have 8 to 12 of them. Management is hit or miss, literally. They might give you the almighty speeches about caring about you and your safety, but they care more about the bottom line than you the employee lining their pockets. I used to hear this joke about how their step vans were held together by gum and tape...it's not a joke in actuality because they are in the inside. The union doesn't give 2 cents as long their overloads are with them. Company is ran like it's the 60's...
Pros
working outside
Cons
management, useless union, no modern equipment for carriers or vehicles
  1. Employee reviews