Canada Post logo
Canada Post
Happiness score is 72 out of 100Above average

Canada Post Employee Reviews

Showing all 1,796 reviews

Hard to get into and political

The term positions are garbage and especially in small towns the work places are so political and the people generally suck. If you get over all that and land a long term position you’re all set.

Pros

Fair pay

Cons

Political

Great place for those looking to gain job experience.

The volume count position at Canada Post offers a great opportunity for people new to the job market to gain work experience. It's also a great way to supplement your income as this is a part-time seasonal contract basis job where you usually don't work more than three hours a day. Of course, this isn't going to be a main source of income for people but the position doesn't intend to do that either. The job itself is very simple; you simply count mail and fill out the corresponding case count forms. The work environment is great and occasionally you are left with a lot of idle time but you are getting paid so it doesn't matter.

Pros

Free snacks at the end of each week! Managers are very accommodating, and allow for leaving a little early if you have work elsewhere.

Cons

No real cons, but you work a max. of 3 hrs/ day, and this isn't intended to be a main source of income.

Toxic Management Culture

70 years of horrible labour relations led to a culture of nepotism, punitive labour culture. Targeting and harrassment of certain workers from.mgt for their own career advancement. Punitive not corrective discipline. An overburdened workforce given unrealistic workloads designed on covertly manipulated work measurements data. And the workers are blamed not the workload. Seniority system ensures new hires wirkave hardest work for less pay forced upon them through legislation.

Pros

Unionized

Cons

Toxic culture

Disorganized and petty

Management is horrible to work for. They do not even care enough to provide fans in the summer. All management care about is their bonuses! Sadly disappointed ☹️ Union only cares about full time letter carriers. No care for part time or casual employees or inside depot workers. Union is horrible and self serving. I would opt out if I could.

Pros

Pay is good

Cons

Management. No training

Fall in line and shut your mouth

Overall a terrible place to work in my opinion. Innovation and efficiency are discouraged - ignorance and carbon copy unionized entitlement is praised

Pros

Not many

Cons

Too many

oui

Une entreprise ou les travailleurs font leur ambiance de travail.

Pros

Plusieurs postes ouvrent souvent.

Cons

Les superviseurs des fois connaissent pas bien leur travail.

Modern Canada Post

This is not the job it used to be. Declining mail volume has given management all the leverage. The routes are way too long now, 800-1200 points of call is the new norm. Employee turnover is high, injuries are high, morale is low and it takes forever to get your own route. And yes, it will be a horrible route. Management has tried for decades to make the routes longer and they succeeded. As a relief carrier, you could be delivering mail until 8pm some days. Then back at it again the next day.

Pros

Good pay and benefits

Cons

Long hours, long routes, not enough help for relief carriers, injuries, management

Horrible

The management is dishonest and if they don't like you good luck. You get bullied and made fun of if you have a medical condition. They expect you to do the job at the same pace as someone who's been doing it for 14 years. Even if you haven't been at the job for even a year. I call in sick because I'm tired of dealing with the stupidity and constantly being targeted for the smallest mistake so they have a reason to write me up and give me a little letter that's dated a year ago. They always say the same thing besides two words. I ask my co-workers what I do wrong and they all say that I do my job the way I'm supposed to. I now see why they're going thru employee's like cereal boxes.

Pros

Union, Good pay, new friendships.

Cons

Repetitive, Horrible management

Honest people doing an important job

The best thing about Canada Post is ' Safety First'. A typical day starts with a reminder from the supervisor that the workers should pay attention to their own safety and others more than anything else. In the training itself, they emphasized that if u put some parcel in the wrong container by mistake it's not the end of the world. Don't get hurt trying to retrieve it back. The presence of the union ensures the rights of workers. Payscale and benefits are appreciable. Although we do hope for more improvement, please. The workplace culture is admiring too. Most workers are helping each other out in a friendly manner with very few exceptions of course. Overall I am grateful to Canada Post for hiring me and giving me an opportunity to learn and grow while doing an important job with all those honest people. Thanks a lot!

Pros

Free lunches, t shirts, backpacks, coupons etc.

Cons

Physically straining at the peak times

Worst company

Worst place I ever worked at so unorganized. Managers have not clue what they are doing, and they have never actually been a letter carrier. If you like to deliver mail in -40, +40, carry heavy mail bags, dogs that may attack you, in a rain storm and then get in trouble because the mail is wet. Then this is the right job for you. Don’t forget your dog spray. If they don’t have work for you at the station be prepared to drive your own car to another location.

Pros

15km a day walking in fantastic weather. Rain or shine.

Cons

You will get in trouble for everything.

Jobs at Canada Post

See more jobs

Short shifts so the rest of your day is open

Early morning shifts are finished super early, so it doesn't interfere with other day jobs you have. Pay is good, but need to review paystubs a lot to make sure its accurate. Most people are good to work with, work is easy and very repetitive.

Pros

Relatively high pay for this area, shifts dont interfere with other working hours at second jobs

Cons

Short shifts, on casual roster for years before getting part time position, no guarantee of hours

Fun place to work and people are friendly & helpful.

Typical day at work is 8:30 to 1:00 on a good day and 8:30 to 4 on a verybusy day, usually at Monday. I have learned how to sort and pack and deliver mail to rural mail boxes.All the people at the Post Office are very helpful and abide by my coming and going for appointments and my other job at Guardian Security.I enjoy being the helper for the person driving the route, get to know them and they get to know me. Everyone is so friendly.

Pros

get free gift cards on certain days and also brunches

Cons

when a driver learns to drive a mail truck she does not need a helper, which I am and now I don't get called in to work as much. I was.

Very supportive office atmosphere

Couldn't be happier with the people I work with at Canada Post!Haven't really had to deal much with management but when I did I had no issues.Comfortable work atmosphere, I enjoy working with the public and providing a necessary service.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Not working enough to remember everything but do have supports to assist

Flexible working time for me (3-11pm)

Not stressful, easy job, good pay. It likes a paid work-out to me. You have to pay the union fee ($90/month) even you work only one day.The co-works and the supervisors are friendly.

Pros

Good pay, low pressure at work.

Cons

Not consistent schedule for the part time worker.

Fun

Typical work day at Canada Post is roughly about the same every day nothing to fancy. Pretty much common sense. Everything is hang on signs aswell as posters.

Pros

N/a

Cons

N/a

Nice place to work

Productive fast pace environment, good co workers, good benefits and sometimes stressful,Good supervisors and very accommodating when you ask for guidance

Pros

Organize and safe work environment

Cons

Repetitive task

Modern day slavery at its finest

Way too heavy workload most days. Customer service is non existent based on this fact and you are forced to treat people poorly. I would avoid at all costs

Pros

Work by yourself

Cons

Long days, poor management, painfully dated technology and vehicles, on call, no benefits

3 out of 5 for a good place to work

great benefits not a bad wage ,management old school way of doing things . people are not treated the same , brown nosers get better treatment and they don,t care if its right in front of your face .

Pros

great work and time off balance, paid vacation

Cons

alot of management not so good

Fast paced workplace with support from management

Working as a Letter Carrier at Canada Post is a great job. You work at your own pace and are paid a fair wage. When I started I struggled with the different routes I worked as I was new to the city. But management supported me and helped me get the hang of the job. Support from your fellow colleagues is more hit and miss. While almost all my colleagues have a generous and supportive nature, as a Letter Carrier, you are more out on your own. Easy to get time off and opportunities throughout the year to earn overtime. The weather can be daunting but proper dress and attitude make all the difference.

Pros

Get to set your own pace - strong sense of accomplishment when route is finished

Cons

Some days have more mail/parcels making things a bit stressful (but I'm still new)

Horrible Management

You will be loaded up like a pack mule almost every day. Management will lie straight to your face. Management is not transparent in any way but they expect you to be. There is supposedly a weight limit on how much you can carry at a time, but management does not care about that. You will have many days where you cannot fit everything necessary into your bag, but you have to find a way to carry it all. I was told that it is acceptable to bring a few pieces of mail back to the depot (if you missed a few houses by accident, or something like that) but then got yelled at by management for doing so. I was on Covid leave in December of 2020 due to possible exposure while working in the main plant in Saskatoon. While on Covid leave, my supervisor would call and text almost every day to see when I would be back to work. Routes are too long, days are too heavy, and management does nothing to help alleviate this.

Pros

The work day can be done in under 8 hours, if you're fast enough and if it's a light mail day.

Cons

Management, being overworked almost every day, unappreciated and disrespected

Not Recommended

Expectations are too high. Not a job for anyone with a family. Little support for the volume of work. Routes are too long. There needs to be a better way of dividing mail and parcels. No overtime paid. Very little support. If hired as a temp, you will be bounced around everywhere. Full timers off on vacation will leave all their work for temp to pick up.

Cons

Long hours, working in all types of weather, Routes are too long, no overtime.

3.3Job security/advancement