Canada Post logo
Canada Post

Canada Post

Canada Post Employee Review

Would rate -10 if I could

This company takes advantage of their employees, has a horrible work culture and hires anybody that applies. Management treats you like an animal and the union doesn't really help either. It's all smoke and mirrors with this place.

Pros

Cons

No breaks, poor management, lack of advancement

1.0Job security/advancement

Same role

Modern day slavery at its finest

Way too heavy workload most days. Customer service is non existent based on this fact and you are forced to treat people poorly. I would avoid at all costs

Pros

Work by yourself

Cons

Long days, poor management, painfully dated technology and vehicles, on call, no benefits
Same role

Horrible Management

You will be loaded up like a pack mule almost every day. Management will lie straight to your face. Management is not transparent in any way but they expect you to be. There is supposedly a weight limit on how much you can carry at a time, but management does not care about that. You will have many days where you cannot fit everything necessary into your bag, but you have to find a way to carry it all. I was told that it is acceptable to bring a few pieces of mail back to the depot (if you missed a few houses by accident, or something like that) but then got yelled at by management for doing so. I was on Covid leave in December of 2020 due to possible exposure while working in the main plant in Saskatoon. While on Covid leave, my supervisor would call and text almost every day to see when I would be back to work. Routes are too long, days are too heavy, and management does nothing to help alleviate this.

Pros

The work day can be done in under 8 hours, if you're fast enough and if it's a light mail day.

Cons

Management, being overworked almost every day, unappreciated and disrespected
Same location

Fun

Typical work day at Canada Post is roughly about the same every day nothing to fancy. Pretty much common sense. Everything is hang on signs aswell as posters.

Pros

N/a

Cons

N/a

3.3Job security/advancement