Canada Post logo
Happiness score is 72 out of 100Above average

Canada Post

Canada Post Employee Review

well run operation

I would be given a list of things that needed to be done at the start of the shift and I would then do them and hand the final total to the supervisor at the end of the shift. The hardest part of the job was lifting the heavy bags of mail to be dumped and then sorted.

Pros

everyone worked well with each other

Cons

n/a

5.0Job security/advancement

Same role

Horrible

The management is dishonest and if they don't like you good luck. You get bullied and made fun of if you have a medical condition. They expect you to do the job at the same pace as someone who's been doing it for 14 years. Even if you haven't been at the job for even a year. I call in sick because I'm tired of dealing with the stupidity and constantly being targeted for the smallest mistake so they have a reason to write me up and give me a little letter that's dated a year ago. They always say the same thing besides two words. I ask my co-workers what I do wrong and they all say that I do my job the way I'm supposed to. I now see why they're going thru employee's like cereal boxes.

Pros

Union, Good pay, new friendships.

Cons

Repetitive, Horrible management
Same role

Honest people doing an important job

The best thing about Canada Post is ' Safety First'. A typical day starts with a reminder from the supervisor that the workers should pay attention to their own safety and others more than anything else. In the training itself, they emphasized that if u put some parcel in the wrong container by mistake it's not the end of the world. Don't get hurt trying to retrieve it back. The presence of the union ensures the rights of workers. Payscale and benefits are appreciable. Although we do hope for more improvement, please. The workplace culture is admiring too. Most workers are helping each other out in a friendly manner with very few exceptions of course. Overall I am grateful to Canada Post for hiring me and giving me an opportunity to learn and grow while doing an important job with all those honest people. Thanks a lot!

Pros

Free lunches, t shirts, backpacks, coupons etc.

Cons

Physically straining at the peak times
Same location

Modern Canada Post

This is not the job it used to be. Declining mail volume has given management all the leverage. The routes are way too long now, 800-1200 points of call is the new norm. Employee turnover is high, injuries are high, morale is low and it takes forever to get your own route. And yes, it will be a horrible route. Management has tried for decades to make the routes longer and they succeeded. As a relief carrier, you could be delivering mail until 8pm some days. Then back at it again the next day.

Pros

Good pay and benefits

Cons

Long hours, long routes, not enough help for relief carriers, injuries, management

3.3Job security/advancement