Canada Post

Canada Post

Canada Post Employee Review

Short shifts so the rest of your day is open

Early morning shifts are finished super early, so it doesn't interfere with other day jobs you have. Pay is good, but need to review paystubs a lot to make sure its accurate. Most people are good to work with, work is easy and very repetitive.

Pros

Relatively high pay for this area, shifts dont interfere with other working hours at second jobs

Cons

Short shifts, on casual roster for years before getting part time position, no guarantee of hours

2.0Job security/advancement

Same role

Workers are LAZY

You are first hired on as a temporary worker who is on call if you are a Clerk majority of the calls are for the night shift. When you do get called in it feels like you are the only person who is actually working as the permanent employees do everything in their power to do as little physical work as possible. And you could wait multiple years before you are hired on permanently.

Pros

Cons

Night shift, people who dont pull their own weight.
Same role

Horrible

The management is dishonest and if they don't like you good luck. You get bullied and made fun of if you have a medical condition. They expect you to do the job at the same pace as someone who's been doing it for 14 years. Even if you haven't been at the job for even a year. I call in sick because I'm tired of dealing with the stupidity and constantly being targeted for the smallest mistake so they have a reason to write me up and give me a little letter that's dated a year ago. They always say the same thing besides two words. I ask my co-workers what I do wrong and they all say that I do my job the way I'm supposed to. I now see why they're going thru employee's like cereal boxes.

Pros

Union, Good pay, new friendships.

Cons

Repetitive, Horrible management
Same location

Excellent

Basically Canada Post is similar to any other large Corporation in terms of Cash Flow. Obviously they need more cash coming in than going out and they are trying to cut costs to help increase credit as opposed to debt. My career with Canada Post has been exceptional. I have earned great money and learned many skills within this large Corporation.

Pros

Salary, customer service, Management, safety

Cons

attention to front line

3.3Job security/advancement

Compare Canada Post with

• Canada Post
  • Short shifts so the rest of your day is open
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?