Canada Post logo
Canada Post

Canada Post

Canada Post Employee Review

Part-time very few hours.

I have only recently started at Canada Post. Everybody is very friendly and easy to work with. The job seems quite manageable for full time employees but part-time employees are thrown into some of the hardest situations by covering different routes each time we're called in. The nature of the job requires part-time employees to be on call which is very hard considering I have only been getting called once a month. This job will not pay your bills.

Cons

Never getting called

1.0Job security/advancement

Same role

Very stressed job particularly don’t get any help from supervisors

Although it is a Federal government job but management is always on opposite page and never try to solve employee problem and union is dead horse.Union steward get their benefits and employees are always in trouble

Pros

Security

Cons

Unjustified route structure
Same roleSame location

Modern Canada Post

This is not the job it used to be. Declining mail volume has given management all the leverage. The routes are way too long now, 800-1200 points of call is the new norm. Employee turnover is high, injuries are high, morale is low and it takes forever to get your own route. And yes, it will be a horrible route. Management has tried for decades to make the routes longer and they succeeded. As a relief carrier, you could be delivering mail until 8pm some days. Then back at it again the next day.

Pros

Good pay and benefits

Cons

Long hours, long routes, not enough help for relief carriers, injuries, management
Same location

Great job

I love working at canada post. Training is good. Great place to work and wage is above fair. The job is not hard and is enjoyable. The only con is if you are a casual employee you don't get hours. I went 3 months without being called in for an assignment but when I do work I really enjoy the work.

Pros

Paid breaks

Cons

Not enough hours given

3.3Job security/advancement

Compare Canada Post with

• Canada Post
  • Part-time very few hours.