Canada Post logo
Canada Post

Canada Post

Canada Post Employee Review

Nice place to work

Productive fast pace environment, good co workers, good benefits and sometimes stressful,Good supervisors and very accommodating when you ask for guidance

Pros

Organize and safe work environment

Cons

Repetitive task

2.0Job security/advancement

Same role

Horrible

The management is dishonest and if they don't like you good luck. You get bullied and made fun of if you have a medical condition. They expect you to do the job at the same pace as someone who's been doing it for 14 years. Even if you haven't been at the job for even a year. I call in sick because I'm tired of dealing with the stupidity and constantly being targeted for the smallest mistake so they have a reason to write me up and give me a little letter that's dated a year ago. They always say the same thing besides two words. I ask my co-workers what I do wrong and they all say that I do my job the way I'm supposed to. I now see why they're going thru employee's like cereal boxes.

Pros

Union, Good pay, new friendships.

Cons

Repetitive, Horrible management
Same role

Honest people doing an important job

The best thing about Canada Post is ' Safety First'. A typical day starts with a reminder from the supervisor that the workers should pay attention to their own safety and others more than anything else. In the training itself, they emphasized that if u put some parcel in the wrong container by mistake it's not the end of the world. Don't get hurt trying to retrieve it back. The presence of the union ensures the rights of workers. Payscale and benefits are appreciable. Although we do hope for more improvement, please. The workplace culture is admiring too. Most workers are helping each other out in a friendly manner with very few exceptions of course. Overall I am grateful to Canada Post for hiring me and giving me an opportunity to learn and grow while doing an important job with all those honest people. Thanks a lot!

Pros

Free lunches, t shirts, backpacks, coupons etc.

Cons

Physically straining at the peak times
Same location

The workplace was very easy to work in, everyone helped each other when needed.

I was able to start and finish my work at my pace, but yet efficiently. This was because the volume of mail varied every day. The supervisors were very helpful in providing reflective vests and uniforms as needed.

Pros

The professionalism

Cons

The weather.

3.3Job security/advancement