Canada Post

Canada Post

Canada Post Employee Review

Modern Canada Post

This is not the job it used to be. Declining mail volume has given management all the leverage. The routes are way too long now, 800-1200 points of call is the new norm. Employee turnover is high, injuries are high, morale is low and it takes forever to get your own route. And yes, it will be a horrible route. Management has tried for decades to make the routes longer and they succeeded. As a relief carrier, you could be delivering mail until 8pm some days. Then back at it again the next day.

Pros

Good pay and benefits

Cons

Long hours, long routes, not enough help for relief carriers, injuries, management

3.0Job security/advancement

Same role

Great place to work!

Everyone is is egar to help it is like a second family not a lot of turn over but takes a bit of time to advance. Love the variety of people I see in a day.
Same role

Toxic environment, incompetent management

Advancement is awarded by favouritism and not by qualification. Mid-year and annual reviews are from superintendents whose qualification is less than a supervisor. So expect a lot of A** Kissing. Unfair and unjust system of ratings. Superintendents can throw all extra workload on you and still give credit to their favourite ones. Very stressful and toxic environment.

Pros

Job security

Cons

Stress, mental health, bad management
Same location

Great job

I love working at canada post. Training is good. Great place to work and wage is above fair. The job is not hard and is enjoyable. The only con is if you are a casual employee you don't get hours. I went 3 months without being called in for an assignment but when I do work I really enjoy the work.

Pros

Paid breaks

Cons

Not enough hours given

3.3Job security/advancement