Canada Post logo
Happiness score is 72 out of 100Above average

Canada Post

Canada Post Employee Review

Immature, dysfunctional

The union are iiars. The union leader and workers complain about the corporation and management. Nothing is their own fault. They don't want you to work too hard or apply yourself because that makes other union workers look bad. You get online training on how to handle customers' packages. You see so many throw fragile items, or put them in the monos where they can get crushed. I try to remind them about package handling and they respond with throwing the package with attitude. And yes. I would emphatically say it is a toxic work environment. Always the complaints, immature high school gossip, and employees harassing others.

2.0Job security/advancement

Same role

An Interesting Experience

I initially got hired as a Letter Carrier. Due to processing that wasn't available. I was then offered Seasonal Christmas help in the main facility sorting packages. The training was ok and the hours. Nice people that offered help but management was almost nonexistent. No help at all with the work or leadership. Completed the seasonal work with the intent to get training as a letter carrier. That training some how got put into question as they had too many letter carriers. I basically left graciously with mixed feelings. Quite disappointed overall. In fact, the supervisor new nothing about our departure dates....

Pros

Nice people, ease of job.

Cons

No guidance, very poor communication, very high Union dues benefit costs.
Same role

I was a part time driver assistant and sorter. Steady work, attention to detail, made customers smile when they received their parcel. Worked in all weather conditions.

Pros

Happy customers

Cons

Work in wet and snow
Same location

Modern Canada Post

This is not the job it used to be. Declining mail volume has given management all the leverage. The routes are way too long now, 800-1200 points of call is the new norm. Employee turnover is high, injuries are high, morale is low and it takes forever to get your own route. And yes, it will be a horrible route. Management has tried for decades to make the routes longer and they succeeded. As a relief carrier, you could be delivering mail until 8pm some days. Then back at it again the next day.

Pros

Good pay and benefits

Cons

Long hours, long routes, not enough help for relief carriers, injuries, management

3.3Job security/advancement