Canada Post

Canada Post

Canada Post Employee Review

Honest people doing an important job

The best thing about Canada Post is ' Safety First'. A typical day starts with a reminder from the supervisor that the workers should pay attention to their own safety and others more than anything else. In the training itself, they emphasized that if u put some parcel in the wrong container by mistake it's not the end of the world. Don't get hurt trying to retrieve it back. The presence of the union ensures the rights of workers. Payscale and benefits are appreciable. Although we do hope for more improvement, please. The workplace culture is admiring too. Most workers are helping each other out in a friendly manner with very few exceptions of course. Overall I am grateful to Canada Post for hiring me and giving me an opportunity to learn and grow while doing an important job with all those honest people. Thanks a lot!

Pros

Free lunches, t shirts, backpacks, coupons etc.

Cons

Physically straining at the peak times

5.0Job security/advancement

Same role

Workers are LAZY

You are first hired on as a temporary worker who is on call if you are a Clerk majority of the calls are for the night shift. When you do get called in it feels like you are the only person who is actually working as the permanent employees do everything in their power to do as little physical work as possible. And you could wait multiple years before you are hired on permanently.

Pros

Cons

Night shift, people who dont pull their own weight.
Same role

Horrible

The management is dishonest and if they don't like you good luck. You get bullied and made fun of if you have a medical condition. They expect you to do the job at the same pace as someone who's been doing it for 14 years. Even if you haven't been at the job for even a year. I call in sick because I'm tired of dealing with the stupidity and constantly being targeted for the smallest mistake so they have a reason to write me up and give me a little letter that's dated a year ago. They always say the same thing besides two words. I ask my co-workers what I do wrong and they all say that I do my job the way I'm supposed to. I now see why they're going thru employee's like cereal boxes.

Pros

Union, Good pay, new friendships.

Cons

Repetitive, Horrible management
Same location

Work and fun

Good company to workand helpful staff manager and supervisor are great. Timing are great . Work culuture is very good . I like working there . I recomend people who is lokking for job .

3.3Job security/advancement

Compare Canada Post with

• Canada Post
  • Honest people doing an important job
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?