Canada Post logo
Canada Post
Happiness score is 72 out of 100Above average

Canada Post

Canada Post Employee Review

Great paying job and good hours

At first worked in the plant with the sorting machines. I was required to sort the mail per postal codes. Daily quota's were 5000 an hour. I had no problems with management or co-workers. I eventually transferred to transportation because they offered full time positions. I then worked by myself. I loaded my truck and made drop offs to various locations.

Pros

meeting new people

4.0Job security/advancement

Same role

Christmas Relief

I enjoyed working in the plant for Christmas relief. They had a very structured routine for us. Breaks were always at the same time. Supervisors were always available to answer questions or provide direction. The work was quite physical at times. Afternoons were usually spent working on a conveyor belt where parcels would come down and have to be sorted into bins for delivery to various locations. If parcels backed up on the belt, a bell would ring, alerting a supervisor that there could be a problem. The hardest part of the job was that it was very physical but it was also the most enjoyable part of the job in that at the end of the day, I could go home knowing that I had done a good day's work.

Pros

The wage was good!

Cons

Only temporary.
Same role

productive and fun to work

As a seasonal worker , I was only given a chance to work during peak season and after the season over they will put you non call. I learn so many thing sorting letter and we always have a rotation shift to different division, you have a chance to learn how the letters coming.to different places and distribute it by code.

Pros

good salary

Cons

on call duty
Same location

Modern Canada Post

This is not the job it used to be. Declining mail volume has given management all the leverage. The routes are way too long now, 800-1200 points of call is the new norm. Employee turnover is high, injuries are high, morale is low and it takes forever to get your own route. And yes, it will be a horrible route. Management has tried for decades to make the routes longer and they succeeded. As a relief carrier, you could be delivering mail until 8pm some days. Then back at it again the next day.

Pros

Good pay and benefits

Cons

Long hours, long routes, not enough help for relief carriers, injuries, management

3.3Job security/advancement

Compare Canada Post with

• Canada Post
  • Great paying job and good hours