Canada Post logo
Canada Post
Happiness score is 72 out of 100Above average

Canada Post

Canada Post Employee Review

great job. Let you be independent

great job. Sort mail etc. go out and deliver it. Love being alone. Get to meet alot of very nice people and dogs. Get to see alot of wild life at the same time. It feels like you are Santa Claus every day of the year.

4.0Job security/advancement

Same role

Rural Contractor/Sub-Contractor

Worked as a rural contractor/sub-contractor, sorting & delivering mail & parcels to cmb modules (postal boxes) and parcel delivery to the door. The pay is decent, however they do NOT take any deductions off your pay, so unless you have many deductions, you will end up having to pay the government HUGE income tax. Because I functioned as a fill-in (sub-contractor) for the contractor of the route, I was not entitled to any of the union benefits or perks, nor did I acquire any seniority, which made it difficult to apply for any other job postings from within, or have any chance of retaining my job when the contractor of the route retires. The job itself is okay, but it’s ridiculous that a crown corporation treats its personnel so unfairly, and although I was doing the exact job as the contractor, I was paid differently and without the same perks/benefits. This is a busy job position with many hoops to jump through, too many politics and shoddy treatment from the general public (due to misinformation on the part of Canada post and retailers). To anyone who thinks this job would be easy, I say RUN....IT ISN’T WORTH IT.

Pros

Working outside

Cons

Working outside, unfair treatment from company as well as general public
Same role

Unfair hiring practices

Worked for Canada Post as a contractor for almost 3full years everyday route came up for full time job,wasn’t even gave an interview they hired someone that had no experience because the person hired was known to someone they knew,hows that fair hiring practices.
Same location

Part-time work

Preparing flyers and catalogues on weekends, to homes and apartments to Deliver ad mail to customers using my vehicle. Getting Flyers at warehouse

Pros

Great workout

Cons

Contract

3.3Job security/advancement

Compare Canada Post with

• Canada Post
  • great job. Let you be independent