Canada Post logo
Canada Post

Canada Post

Canada Post Employee Review

Fun work and challenging

I worked in the processing plant. My work involved sorting, weighing and coding the mail. It was a lot of physical work, which I enjoyed. However, I was hired as a part-time casual employee. Therefore, during peak times (Christmas) I would get plenty of hours. After the holiday season, hours would really drop off and sometimes I would only be called in one shift per month.

Pros

Fun, challenging work

Cons

Little hours.

1.0Job security/advancement

Same role

Treated well by staff and supervisors

Overall not a bad place to work. The schedules are not great for family life, though. Low stress in the plant, but exrremely high stress as a letter carrier.
Same location

Modern Canada Post

This is not the job it used to be. Declining mail volume has given management all the leverage. The routes are way too long now, 800-1200 points of call is the new norm. Employee turnover is high, injuries are high, morale is low and it takes forever to get your own route. And yes, it will be a horrible route. Management has tried for decades to make the routes longer and they succeeded. As a relief carrier, you could be delivering mail until 8pm some days. Then back at it again the next day.

Pros

Good pay and benefits

Cons

Long hours, long routes, not enough help for relief carriers, injuries, management
Same location

Great job

I love working at canada post. Training is good. Great place to work and wage is above fair. The job is not hard and is enjoyable. The only con is if you are a casual employee you don't get hours. I went 3 months without being called in for an assignment but when I do work I really enjoy the work.

Pros

Paid breaks

Cons

Not enough hours given

3.3Job security/advancement