Canada Post logo
Canada Post
Happiness score is 72 out of 100Above average

Canada Post

Canada Post Employee Review

Fun job, but can be difficult.Have tobe on your toes.

A typical day at work starts around 6:30 with the sortation and organization of the mail and parcels. we get the keys for the community mail recepticals at 8:30. we load our vehicles and head out and deliver to c.m.b.s as well as road side mail boxes. when completed we return the sorting station to return keys and upload any scanned information.The work has slowed down for the contractors {such as myself} to the point of looking for differant employment Its been a fun and interesting job and I hate to see it go,but thats the way corperations are going these days.

Pros

Its great being outside for most of the day, making your own decisions

Cons

Its not so great when it snows or pours rain.

3.0Job security/advancement

Same role

Rural Contractor/Sub-Contractor

Worked as a rural contractor/sub-contractor, sorting & delivering mail & parcels to cmb modules (postal boxes) and parcel delivery to the door. The pay is decent, however they do NOT take any deductions off your pay, so unless you have many deductions, you will end up having to pay the government HUGE income tax. Because I functioned as a fill-in (sub-contractor) for the contractor of the route, I was not entitled to any of the union benefits or perks, nor did I acquire any seniority, which made it difficult to apply for any other job postings from within, or have any chance of retaining my job when the contractor of the route retires. The job itself is okay, but it’s ridiculous that a crown corporation treats its personnel so unfairly, and although I was doing the exact job as the contractor, I was paid differently and without the same perks/benefits. This is a busy job position with many hoops to jump through, too many politics and shoddy treatment from the general public (due to misinformation on the part of Canada post and retailers). To anyone who thinks this job would be easy, I say RUN....IT ISN’T WORTH IT.

Pros

Working outside

Cons

Working outside, unfair treatment from company as well as general public
Same role

Unfair hiring practices

Worked for Canada Post as a contractor for almost 3full years everyday route came up for full time job,wasn’t even gave an interview they hired someone that had no experience because the person hired was known to someone they knew,hows that fair hiring practices.
Same location

On the surface it looked good

The corporate training seemed good and they presented in a manner that suggests that they are a fair and equitable employer. However, in reality each depot is a world unto itself as to how you will be treated. They haven’t had a contract in a few years, the workers are mostly angry and not all are on-board with the manner of training that we were told that we would receive once out of class. It was brutal.

3.3Job security/advancement

Compare Canada Post with

• Canada Post
  • Fun job, but can be difficult.Have tobe on your toes.