Canada Post logo
Canada Post

Canada Post

Canada Post Employee Review

Fun and fast paced

I got to spend my mornings working with people and the rest of the day on my own. The harder and faster I worked, the sooner I got home.

Pros

work independentley

Cons

christmas rush. road conditions

5.0Job security/advancement

Same role

Rural Contractor/Sub-Contractor

Worked as a rural contractor/sub-contractor, sorting & delivering mail & parcels to cmb modules (postal boxes) and parcel delivery to the door. The pay is decent, however they do NOT take any deductions off your pay, so unless you have many deductions, you will end up having to pay the government HUGE income tax. Because I functioned as a fill-in (sub-contractor) for the contractor of the route, I was not entitled to any of the union benefits or perks, nor did I acquire any seniority, which made it difficult to apply for any other job postings from within, or have any chance of retaining my job when the contractor of the route retires. The job itself is okay, but it’s ridiculous that a crown corporation treats its personnel so unfairly, and although I was doing the exact job as the contractor, I was paid differently and without the same perks/benefits. This is a busy job position with many hoops to jump through, too many politics and shoddy treatment from the general public (due to misinformation on the part of Canada post and retailers). To anyone who thinks this job would be easy, I say RUN....IT ISN’T WORTH IT.

Pros

Working outside

Cons

Working outside, unfair treatment from company as well as general public
Same role

Unfair hiring practices

Worked for Canada Post as a contractor for almost 3full years everyday route came up for full time job,wasn’t even gave an interview they hired someone that had no experience because the person hired was known to someone they knew,hows that fair hiring practices.
Same location

Productive and fun place

It was a fun period enjoyed to work there although it was short period, hope to join the institution for longer tenure. Hope they have more opportunities as part time as well.

3.3Job security/advancement