Canada Post

Canada Post

Canada Post Employee Review

Fast paced workplace with support from management

Working as a Letter Carrier at Canada Post is a great job. You work at your own pace and are paid a fair wage. When I started I struggled with the different routes I worked as I was new to the city. But management supported me and helped me get the hang of the job. Support from your fellow colleagues is more hit and miss. While almost all my colleagues have a generous and supportive nature, as a Letter Carrier, you are more out on your own. Easy to get time off and opportunities throughout the year to earn overtime. The weather can be daunting but proper dress and attitude make all the difference.

Pros

Get to set your own pace - strong sense of accomplishment when route is finished

Cons

Some days have more mail/parcels making things a bit stressful (but I'm still new)

5.0Job security/advancement

Same role

Fast paced environment and must be adaptable to changes constantly

My 28 years with Canada Post allowed me to grow due to the various positions I had the privilege of holding.The best part of my positions was having the ability to work directly with many people, be hands on with my work and learn different facets of the company.
Same role

No respect for their employees

Just started my training with Canada Post in June as a delivery agent. You are told that you will be on call for delivery agents routes. However, they dont have routes for you and you are told to work night shifts as a clerk (processing parcels). When they call you on the phone, they have no respect for you if you refuse to go in an other warehouse (wich you are allowed to do) and they hang up the phone. However, the pay is the only positive point if you need money now in the meantime.

Pros

Salary

Cons

Night work shift, no respect, rude colleagues
Same location

Cultural challenge, not easily changed.

Every day a challenge. Being in a management position meant that you had to wear many hats. Most difficult aspect of the job was making everyone happy, employees, union, upper management.

Pros

on going training and travel.

Cons

a union that played far too strong a role in the day to day operations.

3.3Job security/advancement

Compare Canada Post with

• Canada Post
  • Fast paced workplace with support from management