Canada Post
Canada Post Employee Review

Depends on what depot you are at

1 March 2021
I loved working in Hamilton, they were understanding and flexible. Cambridge - Galt was worse, with one new manager not understanding her employee's needs and how to retain talent. You get trucks in Hamilton, which makes winter easier, but Cambridge is walking only, so pretty terrible in - 20 degree weather.
4.0Job security/advancement
Pros
By yourself a lot, lots of outdoors and exercise
Cons
Cold weather, walking routes are very hard, management
26 May 2021
Same role
Parcel delivery/letter carrier (Former Employee) - Kelowna
Way too heavy workload most days. Customer service is non existent based on this fact and you are forced to treat people poorly. I would avoid at all costs
Pros
Work by yourself
Cons
Long days, poor management, painfully dated technology and vehicles, on call, no benefits
13 May 2021
Same role
Letter Carrier (Current Employee) - Saskatoon, SK
You will be loaded up like a pack mule almost every day. Management will lie straight to your face. Management is not transparent in any way but they expect you to be. There is supposedly a weight limit on how much you can carry at a time, but management does not care about that. You will have many days where you cannot fit everything necessary into your bag, but you have to find a way to carry it all. I was told that it is acceptable to bring a few pieces of mail back to the depot (if you missed a few houses by accident, or something like that) but then got yelled at by management for doing so. I was on Covid leave in December of 2020 due to possible exposure while working in the main plant in Saskatoon. While on Covid leave, my supervisor would call and text almost every day to see when I would be back to work. Routes are too long, days are too heavy, and management does nothing to help alleviate this.
Pros
The work day can be done in under 8 hours, if you're fast enough and if it's a light mail day.
Cons
Management, being overworked almost every day, unappreciated and disrespected
1 June 2021
Same location
Postal Clerk (Current Employee) - Hamilton, ON
Not stressful, easy job, good pay. It likes a paid work-out to me. You have to pay the union fee ($90/month) even you work only one day.The co-works and the supervisors are friendly.
Pros
Good pay, low pressure at work.
Cons
Not consistent schedule for the part time worker.
  1. Depends on what depot you are at