Canada Post logo

Sorted and Delivered Mail to Rural Route Boxes.Delivered Priority Post Mail

5.0Job security/advancement

Same role

Rural Contractor/Sub-Contractor

Worked as a rural contractor/sub-contractor, sorting & delivering mail & parcels to cmb modules (postal boxes) and parcel delivery to the door. The pay is decent, however they do NOT take any deductions off your pay, so unless you have many deductions, you will end up having to pay the government HUGE income tax. Because I functioned as a fill-in (sub-contractor) for the contractor of the route, I was not entitled to any of the union benefits or perks, nor did I acquire any seniority, which made it difficult to apply for any other job postings from within, or have any chance of retaining my job when the contractor of the route retires. The job itself is okay, but it’s ridiculous that a crown corporation treats its personnel so unfairly, and although I was doing the exact job as the contractor, I was paid differently and without the same perks/benefits. This is a busy job position with many hoops to jump through, too many politics and shoddy treatment from the general public (due to misinformation on the part of Canada post and retailers). To anyone who thinks this job would be easy, I say RUN....IT ISN’T WORTH IT.

Pros

Working outside

Cons

Working outside, unfair treatment from company as well as general public
Same role

Unfair hiring practices

Worked for Canada Post as a contractor for almost 3full years everyday route came up for full time job,wasn’t even gave an interview they hired someone that had no experience because the person hired was known to someone they knew,hows that fair hiring practices.
Same location

Nice place to work

Productive fast pace environment, good co workers, good benefits and sometimes stressful,Good supervisors and very accommodating when you ask for guidance

Pros

Organize and safe work environment

Cons

Repetitive task

3.3Job security/advancement