Canada Post Employee Reviews

Found 1,196 reviews matching the search See all 1,223 reviews
Featured review
Canada Post selected this as a representative review
was a privlidge to work with Canada post
Courier/Letter Carrier (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC3 January 2019
I worked with Canada post many years ago when I lived on the mainland. Loved my job and would have never left if not for having to move due to a family crisis When I moved to the Island I was unable to transfer so I lost my position. I retrained and became a MOA and worked in that Profession for 25 years.
Pros
wages benefits working with people in the public and out doors
Cons
bad weather
Great experience
Windsor, Ontario - Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON21 March 2019
Canada Post is a very secure and thriving company with opportunity for advancement. The ability to grow within the corporation and learn from it's operations are second to none.
The hours could be bad at times and the work wasn't too rewarding but the work environment was great.
Process Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 March 2019
The only negative aspect of this job was the occasional night shifts I'd have to take on. Otherwise the work wasn't too rewarding/challenging which is a negative for me. But the people there are great and they are very flexible with the hours you work. As long as you get your job done no one will complain.
Too many bosses not enough workers
Letter Carrier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 March 2019
Too
Many chiefs not enough Indians
Bullying and racism prevails here
Always has always will
Cupw and can post in bed with each other
Always at Christmas company ramps up the harassment no Christmas music no spirit only try make profits
New letter carriers are treated like slaves
Pros
Cons
See above
I enjoy working there
Postmaster (Current Employee) –  St. Vincent, AB14 March 2019
My day begins with sorting incoming parcels and mail, then assisting customers, before finally doing an end of day. I feel that they are fairly efficient. My only real complaint is the lack of hours that I work. I would prefer full time hours, but the outlet doesn't service enough people to allow that.
Cons
Not enough hours
I loved this company
ON CALL RELIEF RURAL and SUBURBAN MAIL CARRIER (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 March 2019
Heavy workload
Freedom of being on the road - no micromanaging
Time management is key
Competitive wages
Friendly staff
Fast paced
Organizational skills key
Being On-call wasn't conducive
Gained knowledge of company processes
Acquired various navigational skills
Using my own vehicle got costly
Pros
Benefits/Pension
Cons
Being On Call
toxic people, toxic environment
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC13 March 2019
Most toxic environment, period. Worst company ever. Culture is stab everyone in the back. Superintendents no hesitate to step on top of you in order to get a promotion. Management don't know what they are doing and treat people with disrespect and disdain. Don't believe the advertisement, they'll manage to pay you less and give you no benefits. They think they're doing you a favour. You can't trust anyone and they work you down to the bone. On top of that union do not help at all. Worst experience of my life. Stay clear. But if you dare, you need to document almost everything and cover your back all the time.
Excellent emploi avec bonne numération
Senior Credit Officer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON11 March 2019
Environnement de travail agréable, employées très aimable.
Direction de l'entreprise en constance évolution et productive.
Très bonne relation d'affaire avec la clientèle.
J'ai appris la patience avec la clientèle et trouver des solutions d'affaire avantageuses pour les deux partis soit le client et l'entreprise.
J'aimais prendre des décisions de crédit et trouver des solutions, faire des recommendations pour les approbations de crédit.
Le Management est très en support avec le mandat de l'entreprise.
La culture de travail était excellente avec un support constant du Management, la formation était adéquate.
L'aspect le plus difficile était de dire non au client refusé pour le crédit.
Pros
bonne relation de travail entre employées
Cons
lieu de travail éloingné
Productive and fun work place
Postal Clerk (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON9 March 2019
great place to work for, friendly and fast paced environment as you will never get bored here. Always something to do, every one is dedicated to making workers better.
work harder than the actual canada post employees
On Call Contractor (Former Employee) –  Prince Edward Island, PE7 March 2019
I worked as a contractor for over 4 years trying to get on full time but was passed up for 5 positions, they kept saying you can still be a contractor... I worked in 6 different post office and all 6 office did things their own way. I even tought some of the actual employees how to do their job properly. I find it absurd that canada post keep hiring people that have never worked a day there instead of promoting the contractor that is looking for a permanent position. Maybe I was in the wrong province but mind blowing, I even had to train the new hires on how to do the job I had been doing for three months with no complaint. I also became that drivers back up driver and then he went on maternity leave, and I came back as a contractor for seven months during Christmas and all that fun. He returned to work for two months in the summer, the easy months, and then quit, I was then asked to return and I did, and the job was given to someone else. So in the long run, I feel I wasted 4 years of my life for a corporation that didn't care about my performance and hard work, so if you like working for a corporation that doesn't care what you do, or how hard you work and are happy being on call, This is the job for you, The pay is great but the fact that I had no opportunity to get a job with the corporation was a big waste of time...I should have just waited for a job opportunity and applied. Apparently knowing the route and how the day to day schedule and how to use the pdt is not even important in the hiring process . Seriously I had almost 300 customers, and knew them all by name, I  more... even knew their dogs name, If that isn't awesome customer service, I don't know what is..
I hope someone from Canada post reads this so they can explain to me why I was treated this way....

Rant over
Pros
money, work life balance
Cons
No chance of advancement
Decent job
Postal Delivery (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MB6 March 2019
This job was good it is not very cool yes no maybe so i do not like this job it was trash but still apply because it is okay and this reivew takes forever.
Pros
nothing
Cons
nothing
chauffeur chariot elevateur plus entretien ménager industriel
Chauffeur chariot elevateur Avec bien des classes (Former Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QC6 March 2019
beaucoup de competence sur chariot elevateur et tres bon concierge de menager
Pros
tres travaillent tres pontuel et manque jamais
Cons
aucun
An alright place to work.
Mail Carrier (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, AB6 March 2019
Unrealistic expectations put on the employees. No compensation when the route changed despite the collective agreement with the union. For the most part employees worked independently of each other. Flyers took precedent over first class mail, sometimes we had in excess of three to five flyers a day to deliver, we could leave first class mail for the following day to ensure we had enough time to deliver the flyers.
Toxic Atmosphere
Distributor (Current Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON3 March 2019
I work in the Kitchener Distribution plant and I'm a "casual, on call" employee. To be honest, working in this plant is really stressful. If the full time employees aren't crapping on the part-time employees, then the part-time employees are crapping on the casual employees. Some people use their "outside voices" to express their hate for others. It's unbelievable what I've heard some employees say about others (mostly women). And, everyone wants to be the "supervisor" because the supervisor isn't on the floor all the time. I always went with whoever felt like they were in charge because it's the best way to get through a shift. The culture is so "negative" and "toxic" .. people just crapping on each other ... sometimes back stabbing each other. As someone who'll be leaving Canada Post in the near future, it's quite amusing. I've witnessed some outright verbal comments. Some people work really hard because it's in their nature, but management don't notice. And, then there's many that will just do the minimum. This not an environment where I would suggest someone to work.
Pros
if you what a "comfy" job, this is the place for you
Cons
if you work hard, no one notices
Workplace
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 March 2019
The company is good. Job duties is good. The only problem I had was the job was a On-Call position. Therefore salary was uncetain.
For example they call you 1 in the morning and ask you to be ther at 2.
Pros
Job duties
Cons
On-Call position
work with no breaks
Rural and Suburban Mail Carrier (Former Employee) –  Hanmer, ON3 March 2019
The work environment is quick paced. It's a great morning workout but other then that,... you don't get paid extra for longer hours. It's a set pay. I was told by the post master the work isn't done until all goes out. Only found out a few months in when the area supervisor asked what time I worked until that end time is around 9:30 pm. I definitely would never work at that location again.
Pros
no time for lunches
Cons
Worse boss ever
Agréable
Maître de Poste (Former Employee) –  Québec Province1 March 2019
J'ai été très heureuse et fièere de travailler à Postes Canada
Exhaustion, pain, and no reward for your work
Letter Carrier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 February 2019
You soon learn that you need to work very hard in all weather conditions. You are expected to complete your work. As a casual you work average of 4 to 6 hours per day depending of the depot. Expect 20 to 35 K a year first year if you are lucky. This is not a good paying job, salary increase is 0, they switch you inside for 2 weeks and you lose your outside hours.

The pace of this job is mostly 100% speed all the time, breaks are only to urinate in a bottle because lack of time, change wet socks and eat a chocolate bar while you work, there are no breaks on most routes unless you know the route very well and you are a senior.

You deliver around 10 to 20 km of icy walks, apartment buildings, and around 80 parcels average, from 50 to 130 in peak times.

There is no room in small transits.

The only good thing about this job is that you help Canadians have freedom to get cheap parcel delivery and important mail sometimes.

However the organization is crippled by a heavy bureaucracy which is entirely financed by exploiting mailmen to the maximum.

Such very bad work conditions would not happen in private companies and the pay would be a lot higher because of less white collars.

Government and banks are benefiting as well as CEOs, the women and man in the streets freezing (or sweeting in yellow jackets) and breaking their knees and ankles are only numbers in a database for this company.
Pros
You dedicate your life to be their toy
Cons
Favoritism, 15 years to get an ok route. Injuries, heavy burden daily, no breaks
Supervisors should go through maps for delivery
Mail Carrier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa West, ON27 February 2019
This corporation doesn't care about employees,only to get the mail out. Employees are on their own with routes, new routes. Too many packages around Christmas without proper maps.
Good environment for employees.
On-Call Postal Clerk (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 February 2019
Employees are treated with respect, and the workload is divided evenly amongst team members. Time passes by fast, and money feels well-earned. Lots of physical work required.
Pros
Non-hostile environment, freindly management, fair workload
Cons
Physically tiring, lots of lifting, lots of standing.
Good Part Tme Job
Postal Clerk (Current Employee) –  London, ON24 February 2019
Hardest part of the job is the large amount of information required to learn at the start. Have to deal with some difficult customers on a fairly regular basis.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canada Post. Our community is ready to answer.