Canada Post Employee Reviews

Excellente entreprise
Agent de livraison (Current Employee) –  Laval, QC19 July 2018
L'entreprise en soi est géniale, mais le processus pour obtenir un poste permanent est long et complexe.
Pros
Syndicat
Cons
Heures insuffisantes
Learn to overcome working outside - Too much bureaucracy
Letter Carrier (Permanent Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 July 2018
Good mental and physical challenges to keep job fresh.
Difficult to secure fulltime work as highly compeitive. Not able to get full-time hours at first.
Must be flexible to sort and deliver mail anywhere in Edmonton- tend to be assigned and work out of a regular depot.
Speak with fellow letter carriers to find tips and tricks to get faster and to dress appropriately for changing daily weather.
Acquire Canada Post attire asap.
If injured, be aware that WCB uses their own doctors and schedules for being fit to return to work. This is often too ambitious and insufficient.
poor to no benefits until full-time which can take years.
Pros
Do work on own schedule, outside every day, get to know city much, much better
Cons
outside every day, Management is very authoritative/NOT collaborative, expect WCB team not to consult you or to ask for your opinions
Environement professionnel
Service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Orléans (45)13 July 2018
- Parfat premier emploi j'ai appris beaucoup sur le services à la clientèle et comment venir en aider au client.
I am really excited to work with this company
Postal Clerk (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 July 2018
The enjoyment part of this job is that we get to meet different type of people.I enjoy the working atmosphere.I am really excited to work with new people
Pros
Cons
N/a
environnement de travail très stressant
Commis Facteur (Former Employee) –  Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, QC6 July 2018
le travail de commis facteur est très stressant!!!
Great group of people to work with.
Delivery Planning Officer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 July 2018
Loved the job, very challenging, great group of people and great manager. Government change up caused my contract to be terminated or else I would still be there!
Hard but a fun place to work
CLERK (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC2 July 2018
Like every workplace, it has its pros and cons so Canada post was nonetheless. I had a fun time working and gained a lot of experience. It was a splendid time working at Canada Post
Pros
Manager level
Cons
Not many flexable hours
Da
DA (Current Employee) –  195 wicksteed1 July 2018
Horrible
They pay $19... $4 above the minimum wage... how is that a good pay? I call it poverty rate
Exream work conditions. If you can't take 35c or -25c for 8+ hours, not the job for you
Constant Bullying by some supervisors
Watch out, Canada post is the worst company I worked at hands down
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Very stressful and very low pay
Employees are treated very badly.
Letter Carrier (Current Employee) –  Post, CA30 June 2018
Unrealistic expectations on employees, excessive volumes of mail, parcels and flyers for letter carriers.
If employees get injured disability is difficult to get and if you do get it you are expected to return to work before you have completely recovered and if you do return the company will try to make things so difficult you will want to quit. Once injury you are considered a liability and easily expendable
Cons
Treated very poorly!
good job
Letter Carrier (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON29 June 2018
fast paced must be flexible alot of day is spent walking environment is outdoors most likely . sorting and multi tasking is an asset if u can do it must pocess a license
Productive environment.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC29 June 2018
Great Place to work I learned a lot about delivery service and how day to day operations work.Canada post is an great place to work. I would recommend.
Numerous Departments
Supervisor, Letter Carriers (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 June 2018
Depending on the department you are in Canada Post may be a great place to work or a very negative one. There are some great management people and some horrible one.
great job
parcel delivery (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON25 June 2018
was a great place to work at and was a fast pace working conditions always on the go never stop you did one job to another with no supervising to bad I had to leave or I would still be there
Pros
made money
Cons
to much on the run
Awesome place to work
Letter Carrier (Current Employee) –  Dieppe, NB24 June 2018
I love working for Canada Post. It's a long wait to get in to full time though because it is union and it goes by seniority.
They treat you well and the pay is really good.
good pay, has pros and cons
Relief Letter Carrier (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON17 June 2018
good company to work for, training is great and the starting pay rate is good. takes some adjusting to get used to and organization is key. pros of working on your own with nobody to bother you and if finished early can leave early, but can be very tiring and draining and hard on the body sometimes, and first little while of working as a letter carrier, there are some discouraging moments and frustrating moments. people are helpful at the depot but delivery in the beginning takes time and can be confusing, so some days can be long or overtime will be needed.
Pros
good pay rate, if completed work early, can go home
Cons
physically tiring at times, can be confusing and frustrating in beginning, gets discouraging
customer service orientated job
POSTAL CLERK (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 June 2018
Performed all mail handling duties related to the receipt, dispatch, and delivery of mail. Operated financial counter and performed clerk related duties. Provided cusabout tomer service to clients on all mail related matters.
Pros
knowledgeable job learns alot
Cons
under paid job
Good place to work for
Seasonal worker (Former Employee) –  Surrey Centre, BC16 June 2018
Enjoyed very much working there..have learned lots ..enjoyed sorting parcels,,mails ,cleaning ..taking customers using cash register use to work .up to 30 a week.
Very toxic and unhealthy place to work
Driver and P04 (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 June 2018
My experience with Canada Post for 8 of the 12 years I was working were very toxic and unhealthy for me. I was always pick on by management and then co-workers jumped into.
I have been threaten with a gun, hit and these people were never suspended let alone fired for these situations.
In the end I had to resign in order to be healthy.
Pros
Pay was good
Cons
Management is very unprofessional and pass the buck alot
Great place to work if you don't mind hard work.
Postal Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB7 June 2018
A good place to work for those that like to work. Moving around heavy parcels is not for everyone but steady work, and the shifts fly by. But hard to get permanent work.
Pros
Good starting pay.
Cons
Hard to get a permanent job.
Very labour intensive but exciting career
Letter Carrier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 June 2018
The job is very labour intensive based on the fact you're walking and climbing steps most of the day while carrying mail along with you. But, the fact that you get to be outside and meet new people everyday makes it fun.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canada Post. Our community is ready to answer.