Canada Post
Information from Canada Post:

Canada Post Employee Reviews

Canada1,647 reviews
Found 1,647 reviews matching the search
My experiences for the Letter carrier (On-call temporary relief) hiring process: Initially applied online to Canada post career website with resume and personal info, waited about 1 month before getting email response from HR with bunch of preliminary questions, such about attended recent job fair, oncall unsteady work hours acceptable or not (eg. 6am to 6pm, mon~fri). Also have to Pay $12 for uncertified provincial driver abstract, and ready to present reference letter from friend/neighbor coworker/boss who is not be a relative and known for more than 2 years
The got invited onsite interview about 2 weeks after the initial email. Interview questions: what skills value at customer service position? (eg. communication, professionalism); what to do if water spill?

After interview, got fingerprint taken and address security check form on site, then waited 2 more weeks before having to take a physical test on site.

Physical test: measusring heart beat & blod pressure, lifting box of about 30kg to 2 levels of higher shelves, extended bend-down 5 minutes, runnning 3 rounds of 14 laps of back-and-forth across the room and some small stairs while carrying heavy backpack ,sorting 3-box of letters test...etc.

Then got notified by HR of passing the physical test in the same day, filled out more personal info and tax forms, with offer letter that is conditional of passing the 15 weekdays (7am to 3pm) of on-site driver training and tests, which is scheduled about 2 weeks later. But the training dates suddenly got cancelled then got pushed back with the whole "coronavirus" affairs. After
 - more...
Pros
Helpful teammates, emphasis on safety first, some supervisors are chill and relaxing to deal with no too much work pressure
Cons
Long wait, lack of job security and benefits for newcomers, heavily senority based, big corporate breacracy inefficency
Worked with Canada Post for 17 years as a Postmaster. I enjoyed working with Canada Post. Very friendly and And very helpful when you needed assistance.
Not much good I can say about this job. I guess if your hard working and organized the job is easy. Workers hired 20 years ago were hired at relatively the same wage that youre hired on today. Also those workers have received a 9$ wage increase (50%) over those 20 years (100% inflation peroid). That means if you were hired 20 years ago youre making 75% of what you were when you started 20 years ago.
Pros
Easy
Cons
Bad pay, terrible managenent, pension sucks
First year to 2nd year are hellish. Expect to be on a new route every day, and to go weeks or even months without getting called in for a single shift. If you’re not available to come in when they do randomly call you, you will be put at the bottom of the call list & have to work your way up again, which can take forever.

Every couple years the company “restructures” routes; they say in order to keep up to date with changing parcel & mail numbers. In actuality, the restructures are nothing more than making routes longer in order to cut the amount of routes, & consequently # of full time employees, despite parcel numbers & admail skyrocketing. I’ve worked there for 7 years and my body is slowly deteriorating, despite only being in my 30’s. My route averaged 18 kms a day, which is smaller than a lot of routes. Some of my coworker’s routes average 25-30. I know of many long-time carriers who have had to get knee & foot surgeries.

Besides the physical toll, there is a significant mental toll as well due to the toxic atmosphere created mostly by management. As much as they talk about how important safety is, it’s all lip service. Perfect example is management not implementing safety measures during COVID-19; they only did so after weeks of pressure from the union & individual workers on the floor. If you happen to get injured, which you almost certainly will (Canada Post has the highest injury rate of all federal sectors), they will do everything in their power to make the claim process a difficult one for you. You will be treated as inept & lazy, with little to no compassion
 - more...
Pros
Working alone majority of day, most co-workers & customers are great
Cons
Management style, pay, job security 1st years of employment
My supervisor did not act with my best interests in mind. I requested a medical leave which was not submitted. And union rules are not explained well, so my grievance was not filed in time.
Pros
Colleagues
Cons
Station manager
La culture de l'entreprise est méprisante, la gestion est déficiente, la conciliation famille travail n'existe pas. Le harcèlement psychologique et l'intimidation est omniprésente. Trop de copinage avec les membres de la famille. Les opportunités de carrières ne sont pas là. Les conditions de travail sont réduites années après années.
Cons
Entreprise meprisante et aliénante
Great place to work. Good work ethics. proper safety and no stressful. If given opportunity will work with this great company again.

Worked as mail sorter on call basis, would like to work in clerical position on a permanent basis.

I like the punctuality and friendly atmosphere/ The people I work were very helpful and co-operative.

The managers were good at their work and able to guide the staff well and able to get the work done.
Pros
Good Pay/ Better and fair treatment of fellow staff
Cons
Washroom unclean or maintained well/ Pantry very clustered
Although not well known, the crown corporation “Canada Post” has been profitable for mNy years and only shows any negative activity when the Government pulls in the retirement surplus (or not) into the mix. This is a Unionized shop environment and requires those who work here to pay a portion of their wage to the union itself (where this may raise the ire of some it does more good than bad in the long run) In any event the work is steady and requires mental knowledge of the mailing system and training is supplying oversll it’s a good place to work
Pros
Reasonable wages and time off
Cons
Work/life balance can take a hit
Quick paced environment. Great work for individuals who enjoy working alone, as your basically in the warehouse for a few hours in the morning to sort your mail thenyour off on your own delivering for the day.
I loved working at CPC, on a personal basis. However, others
felt intimated and regarded as

not valued.

There is a tenancy to keep employees on staff, who are not contributing to an overall team

spirit.

CPC, as a whole do not use

Unions efficiently.

Regard
Pros
A multitude of team & skill Building.
Cons
Lack of cohesion among groups.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Canada Post?
My time at Canada Post was very enriching, I have learn a lot in all aspect of the business from operations to training with the transformation. I left for a job offer in management in paper industry. Looking back at my move, with the news in fast decline, I never would have left.
Pros
Team work
Cons
Fast past every day.
Learnt alot about postal services and mailing services. Package handling and system entry of the packages that are received by the clients. Fast paced work enviroment
You prefer it sugar-coated?... Bad!! If you want to walk for 8 hours straight without any break, without even the possibility to reach a washroom (remember we're under covid19 times) and you like to have literally no life while you're "On Call".. And by this, I'm talking about unpaid availability, not money productivity (which means the first 18 months at least)... this job is for you!! congrats, you've found your "dream" job. On the training, they will overload you with knowledge about the corporation (500 slides plus a ton of photocopies) in the first week. On the second week 4 days of practice on the routes and there you go!! However, you won't have any benefit until you get a permanent position and when they don't call you to work for long periods of time, expect your income to be ∅. After finish a weird and outdated training, according to them, you're more than ready to do the routes by yourself on the same time that takes a 10-year experience employee to do it.. prepare to be plugged to your phone for 3-4 weeks without getting any call and suddenly they show out of nowhere and call you to work to do an 2-3 days delayed route by yourself... just keep in mind that if you not complete the route without doing overtime, you aren't good enough to the job, because for them, it doesn't matter how long you have been out of work, you still are supposed to sort and deliver the mail perfectly.. supervisors won't hesitate to stab you in the back since they need to justify their payment in any way and experienced workers and members of the union are out of their limits.. so the only - more...
Overall if you can do your job and go home without getting involved in the office politics, you can do well. Unfortunately its hard to do. There is a tendency for favoritism and cronyism among management. No job reviews umless you make a mistake.
Pros
Decent pay, good benefits, good exercise
Cons
Unattainable goals set, poor equipment, unclear directions from management, no encouragement to advance, can be a toxic environment
Nice place to work over all. Pay is fair for what the job is.

Pros : Fair pay, Work out doors mostly

Cons: Takes a long time to get even part-time.
I have a strong work ethic so it was uncomfortable to be approached by some employees telling me to slow down as I was making them look bad. i kept to myself.
Management constantly changes rules and guidelines. At one time it was about delivering the letters now it’s about parcels and flyers which is understandable. The corporation does not give you the adequate tools to do the job properly nor do they care how it gets done as long as it gets done. The pay scale has not gone up in 20 years, not after all the new deductions. Managed finds a way for the employee to pay for all the benefits. Which are poor compared to other corporations!
Si un employé fait ce qui est demandé, il n'aura pas de problème.
Sinon, le syndicat est là pour réglé le litige.
Management personnel pride themselves in being hardasses. No concern or compassion is given. Lip service is given to safety first and we care about our employees, but PPE is still not given to employees despite the risks of contagion. Only good thing about working for this agency is the pension plan. Don't work here.
So many types of positions within the company. Multiple unions as well.

Pay differs greatly and depending on your job there may or may not be room for growth.
I'v Been working janitorial as a student way back 2015 and i find ti give me something extra to do and places to be. i also ti helps me when i don't have enough money to pay my bills with. i would love to become apart of your team and help provide a cleaner Environment.i want to earn more salaries to give my family's needs.