Canada Post Employee Reviews

Other letter carriers were great
PT/FT LETTER CARRIER (Former Employee) –  Manitoba16 September 2018
Salary was decent ; except the pay for delivering flyers was lowered and flyers became bigger and heavier ( Such as the canadian tire catalogue )
Forced overtime is hard on all letter carriers.
Overall, the job is hard on the body ; heavy load to carry for many miles every day in "all" weather. Injuries happen very easily.
Very Hard on the back, hips, knees and feet.

Management was very uncooperative and would tend to pick on the ones they didn't like until the people would quit.
Great work environment
Temporary Employee (Current Employee) –  Sioux Lookout, ON13 September 2018
Great work environment. Hard to advance when you are a temp. Unionized. No benefits as a temp/on call. Minimal work depending on where you are living.
Good benefits, and alot of overtime.
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC11 September 2018
Heavy union environment, learn lots of different processes. Good dedicated extra in house learning and training programs to further education. Always opportunity to move up if determined.
Fun work and challenging
MAIL PROCESSOR (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON11 September 2018
I worked in the processing plant. My work involved sorting, weighing and coding the mail. It was a lot of physical work, which I enjoyed.
However, I was hired as a part-time casual employee. Therefore, during peak times (Christmas) I would get plenty of hours. After the holiday season, hours would really drop off and sometimes I would only be called in one shift per month.
Pros
Fun, challenging work
Cons
Little hours.
few hours
Transport truck driver (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 September 2018
minimum hours available. not a very friendly place to work. management versus employees is a very common theme there. decent pay, but hours not available
Pros
pay rate
Cons
available hours
clerk
poste office clerk (Current Employee) –  Laval, QC10 September 2018
service aux clientele chaque jour clients sont gentiles
It's a great place to get experience in various areas
Bilingual Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 September 2018
My day starts at 7 am and the responsibilities are varied. My current role has given me exposure to many facets of management. The experience I have gained in people management, time management & changing workplace culture is beyond compare.

The hardest part of the job is prioritizingas everything is important! The most enjoyable part of the job is the variety both in responsibilities as well as learning to interact with diverse cultures & adaptingand then helping to change workplace culture to match the company vision & goals.
Great!!
Letter Carrier (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON10 September 2018
I love my job as a letter carrier. Get to me alot of new people not everyday but most of the time. I bring them good news like checks, packages ect , but the time of the month thoeirs thoses bills. Well get the good stuff with the not so good lol.
excellent place to work
Senior Finance Manager (Current Employee) –  1 Dundas St West10 September 2018
Canada Post has changed over the years and I have learned a lot from it. I started working in a plant and then moved on to the divisional offices. Generally CPC employees are viewed as non-competitive to the private sector but this is not true, we work as hard or perhaps in certain times more to compensate for our reputation.
Used to be a good place to work now its a struggle to stay happy in the work environment. Dont recommend
Sortation Clerk (Current Employee) –  Ontario8 September 2018
Be greatful if you get in at a depot where there is a great management team. Most managers are either sitting in the office oblivious to what actually goes on in the office or they are over achievers and micro manage every little thing and are not people persons. Can make work plife very stressful. Do your job well and they will leave you alone.
Cons
Not easy for advancement in the company. ie can be a temp for years with no guarantee of hours.
Good
Mail Sorter (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 September 2018
Worked for a few years there. Atmosphere is great depending on the shift you are on. Can't tell you how it is now. Parking is free and getting there by ttc is convient
emploi extras
facteur (Former Employee) –  vieux montreal6 September 2018
employeur completement deficiant ont a en poyenne 50 ages et il engage des enfant pour nous pousser atravailler il ont en moyenne 25 ans et 30 ans d ages
Pros
emploi meme
Cons
superviseur
I love my job at Canada post, as an important Client based company there is some pressure within this environment for supervisor's meeting quotas
PO4-MAIL Clerk (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 September 2018
I work with a lot of people and overall a great environment, working on the nightshift is already taxing enough so we get through the nights working as a team.
Pros
pay, benifits, vacations, night shift premiums, and actual job I do well
Cons
working nights, sleeping days, stressed co workers, repetitiveness of the job.
Efficent and cost effective process to make on time delivery to Canadians
Supervisor/Letter Carrier (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON4 September 2018
I was a supervisor for Canada Post whose primary goal on a daily basis was on time delivery of the nations mail to millions of Canadians. The culture at Canada Post was mostly upbeat with the occasional issue that was handled quickly with little disruption in the processing and delivery of mail.
Pros
great benefits and enviroment
Cons
occasional management/union issues
Good working environment
Financial Control Officer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON3 September 2018
CPC is a very good place to work; the salary is good and co-workers are friendly and helpful. Upper management keeps their employees informed on new initiatives or new project. They provide good training to their new and old employees. Managers show they care about their employees but there is too many changes on the staff depending on the location. As an employee, it is hard to get to work with a new manager every two or one year; that makes one feel like one has to start over explaining who he/she is in the blink of an eye. However, it is nice to work in a respectful place.
Canada Post was once a great place to work
Mail Clerk (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON2 September 2018
Canada Post at one time was a great place to work, now it has gone from a service that the public appreciated and respected to becoming a company all about making profits. They care very little for their employees. Management is terrible.
Pros
benefits and wages
Cons
Long hours, poorly managed
great job. Let you be independent
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Brockville, ON1 September 2018
great job. Sort mail etc. go out and deliver it. Love being alone. Get to meet alot of very nice people and dogs. Get to see alot of wild life at the same time. It feels like you are Santa Claus every day of the year.
could be a long or short day
Mail aastant (Former Employee) –  Dorchester, ON29 August 2018
Delivering mail wa different every day . some days were longer then others depending on the mail volume . Once a monthe we had too deliver a weekly news paper to everyone . Parcels could be hectic also . Otherwise it was a good .
Pros
it wasnt a hard job
Cons
winter could be challenging with snow
Not the greatest place to work
Postal Clerk (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 August 2018
Workplace encourages complacency since supervisors will take advantage of hard workers. Most people keep to themselves and there is a lack of team work.

A good work ethic gives you more work to do. A bad work ethic has no consequences.

Organization of work and efficiency is slightly below satisfactory

Most enjoyable part of the job was working in the trailers, where no one would harass you about the amount of work you've done.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Good work ethics gives you more work to do.
Challenging Place to work
PROCESS ENGINEER, STUDENT (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 August 2018
I would say that Canada post is an organization where I got chance to learn new skills such as inter-organizational communication, team work, time management, productive conversations etc. I would like to add that working in Canada Post, I experienced the unionized working environment. Canada Post is a dynamic place to work where I was able to improve my skills and abilities according to required environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canada Post. Our community is ready to answer.