Canada Post
Happiness score is 69 out of 100

Canada Post Employee Reviews

Found 1,723 reviews matching the search
Worked casual;y for a short while. Applied for a follow-up job. More than 90% of the applicants got an interview. I was part of the 10% that didn't even receive an email. All questions to them from me and even supervisors went unanswered. Too bad because I was an excellent employee and loved my job.
Pros
Union cares about Safety, pays good, great co-workers
Cons
Getting anything done through the channels is not possible.
I worked as a Seasonal Postal Clerk for about 2 months and it was an amazing experience. The people were so nice and friendly. I will highly recommend this job to anyone. And the pay rate was so good.
I loved working in Hamilton, they were understanding and flexible. Cambridge - Galt was worse, with one new manager not understanding her employee's needs and how to retain talent. You get trucks in Hamilton, which makes winter easier, but Cambridge is walking only, so pretty terrible in - 20 degree weather.
Pros
By yourself a lot, lots of outdoors and exercise
Cons
Cold weather, walking routes are very hard, management
Working at Canada Post is terrific, but if you are located Edmonton like area where winter is harsh, it is extremely difficult on winter. summer is really fun. If you finish your work before designated 8 hours, you can come back to home.
Pros
Exercise, work alone
Cons
Winter season
Positive customer driven company. Management support and collaboration between functions is getting much better at the management level.It is indeed a great place to work.
Pros
Benefits, support staff, training
Cons
Occasional work load
I loved it and I never should have let my job go I miss it. They train you well and if you still need more they explain it till you get it I had the privilege to also work in Timmins and Chapleau every place is different but no matter where you are the workers are great to work with
Pros
Everyone is respectful of everyone it’s a great place to work
Cons
I found the travelling long and I find the shipping of parcels to be sometime confusing
I liked working for Canada post unfortunately I was only a person to take over for people when they needed time off or was sick so there wasn’t enough hours for me but if I could get a full time job with them I would take it
Pros
Every good pay
Cons
Driving all day and sometimes not getting home until late
At first I was excited to work at Canada Post. I'll make a difference I told myself. Boy was I wrong! You come in as a temporary relief carrier. Good luck being full-time permanent as that means they would have to pay you benefits, can't have that! It means you are at the bottom of the barrel. Working outside isn't the issue it's actually a relief being outside away from the depot. Experienced carriers will keep being surprised that you're staying and will tell you. Wear and tear of your body will come quickly. Many older carriers all have some form of injury or surgery that needed to be done related to the job. During the holidays, expect to be the biggest mule in North America. Some routes are very heavy on parcels and packets. Expect to walk at minimum 20+kms per day. Same goes for junk mails...ops, I meant flyers or neighborhood mail. Some routes will have 3-4 of them. Others will have 8 to 12 of them. Management is hit or miss, literally. They might give you the almighty speeches about caring about you and your safety, but they care more about the bottom line than you the employee lining their pockets. I used to hear this joke about how their step vans were held together by gum and tape...it's not a joke in actuality because they are in the inside. The union doesn't give 2 cents as long their overloads are with them. Company is ran like it's the 60's...
Pros
working outside
Cons
management, useless union, no modern equipment for carriers or vehicles
Environnement de travail sain et sécuritaire. Bonne ambiance.
Working at Canada Post was the most stressful job I had in MANY years. - the work is physically demanding - and that part was great - wonderful way to get in shape walking if you are a Letter Carrier. Now the bulk of the manual sorting is done - so perhaps that means that the worker can spend LESS time IN the office / Delivery Centre. STAY AWAY FROM MANAGEMENT.In my opinion - Management or lack of effective management is THE problem at Canada Post. I met and was honoured to work with many hard-working people who knew how to move mail. But they all worked overnight shifts - - and they did this by choice - because that is where all the brand new supervisors and managers get sent - so the long-term workers go there for less hassle. THEY teach the supervisors who are smart enough to learn.MOST of the supervisors and managers are so negative they are caustic. They make a physically demanding job that CAN be fun - dangerous. In My Opinion Supervisors who regularly coerced workers back to duty before they had properly-recovered from injuries - is why my body still aches needlessly today. The act of dealing with the weather, customers and physically delivering the mail - - is nothing - compared to the joke of trying to work for the current management. They manage - by disciplinary action. Or that was my overall experience after almost ten years as both a driver of all sizes of vehicles and as a Letter Carrier in Depots in more than one province.
Pros
You get great exercise if you want it - and you get to go home at night.
Cons
Terrible Management and high risk of damage to your body: if not acute, by injury, long-term damage to joints, like arthritis, is VERY likely.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Canada Post?
One of the most difficult jobs you can do. The workload is overwhelmingly heavy. Be prepared to walk over 100kms a week your feet will have blisters the 2nd day on your job. The people are toxic, and the management doesnt care about anybody aslong as they have the easy job sitting at the desk all day. Taxes and the amount of deductions from your paycheck are very high. Overall not a very good environment very stressful.
Pros
Pay is decent buy your really working for it
Cons
Stressful, physically and emotionally exhausting, feeling overwhelmed everyday, taxes and deductions are high, toxic environment, employees are rude, very undervalued, no respect for essential workers, can never trust anybody in this compnay.
Culture is very political. You do not fit the mould, you might get put on a performance plan, or worst intimidated by colleagues and/or supervisors to enter in the circle.
Pros
Pension Plan, benefits
Cons
Culture, salary, expectations
If you get hired you’ll be a relief. That means you’ll make 80% of the person you’re covering. The problem is the person you’re covering knows their route, so it takes them half the time it will take you. You’ll be working twice as long for less pay. You won’t understand all the codes and additions and subtractions on your pay stub, and 30% of the time your pay will be wrong and you’ll have to leave messages for management to correct it. Management is always “off” or “on holidays” in one year I saw the supervisor once, and in that same year I wasn’t paid on five separate occasions. Don’t work here if you have bills to pay. This is a job for someone who’s parents or partner supports them financially and they don’t mind busting their butt for next to nothing. 10 hour days delivering a “6 hour route” at 80% ends up being less than minimum wage after deductions. Not worth it.
Pros
Good coworkers.
Cons
Long hours, insufficient pay, unreliable pay cheques, heavy work load.
Great place to work looking for work in side now hope to get work with Canada post Available Monday to Friday And saturdy if need looking to hear from you
Very political, your own boss has his buddies working under him even though it's not allowed.. extremely based on who you know.It all depends on who, and where you know. Better hope you have friends, otherwise, everyone is an enemy.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Poor management
I gave up another job to work at Canada Post and it was the worst mistake I ever made. Zero training, very toxic environment, no one does their job and it's all who you know if you want to advance within the organization. I liked the job but the letter carrier's are awful and management even worst. No one helps each other out and no one thinks twice to throw you under the bus and spread lies. Extremely disappointing for my career but at the end of the day, it was their loss!
Pros
Good pension
Cons
Toxic environment, back stabbing, zero support
From the depot I worked from, I had fun, learned a lot, gained friends. Most colleges are friendly and approachable. The shift was unusual but manageable because it was regular.
I attended Letter Carrier Training. The classroom learning is risible, the management mendacious. The deliveries are better, room for improvement is required. An overhaul of the organization is evident.
Pros
Outdoors
Cons
High Union fees. Good company for long term stability. Start as a temp on call could take years before you get offered a permanent position. Extremely hard work. Walking in all weather while carrying heavy bags. Not for someone thinking it will be easy job to do. It's not. After 2 weeks of in class training which is basically watching videos and exams. You get 1 week on the job training. You think your good to go after until you get thrown in to a route on your own that's very hard to get all complete in time before your 8 hour shift ends. Also there is a mail sorting test at the end of all training. Needs 98% accuracy and if not passed you don't get the job. Also a fitness test is required. This involves walking up and down stairs and all around the room while carrying up to 50lbs. This just determins if your fit enough for the job.
If you Superintendent has a disliking of you your screwed! Management won't listen to you. They don't like people who think outside the box. Big machine, slow in changing.
Pros
Federal Goc job
Cons
Superintendents and Managers above you.
Le fait de pouvoir changer de poste à l interne et d avoir la facilité d une mutation partout au Canada en gardant son encientè, je trouve sa avantageux.La seule chose que je n ai pas aimé c est bien les circulaires. Lourds, prenent bcp de temps à la préparation et compliqué à gérer.
Pros
Sécurité d emploi
Cons
Stress
  1. Employee reviews