Canada Post Employee Reviews

Postal Clerk
Postal Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 January 2018
A typical day (work schedule is Monday-Friday) commences at 9:15 a.m. and concludes at 5:15 p.m.
I learned about the collective agreement between Canada Post and the CUPW, the Canada Labour Code, the Canada Post Act.
Pros
Guaranteed hours and rate of pay
Cons
Canada Post closing work centres.
Holiday Work Crew
Supplementary Christmas Crew (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK13 January 2018
I was employed in 'The Pit' where incoming parcels are sorted into bins for delivery to about two dozen postal locations across Saskatchewan. This job was a great workout with a lot of walking and carrying.
Over all about life
Lettercarrier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 January 2018
I believe that it made a difference in life skills. I can do the job for you.I am trainable and willing to learn new things to improve me as a person.
Canada post
Retail Rep (Current Employee) –  Wetaskiwin, AB11 January 2018
In my current position I am dealing with a different type of Canada Post Customer .Previouly I dealt with the delivery end and now , I am dealing with the customer at the shipping end. Mailing their packages through our company .

The process to ship around Canada and around the world varies from country to country and it has been a great look at this side of the corporation .

I love the way the corperation is going in the way of the management they are now putting into place . The corperation I feel is starting to care a bit more about the employee and the way our home lives and work lives are changing .

The hardest part of my job at the present time was is the overwhelming amount of products we sale and don't really get a lot of training on .

I love the customers my coworkers and have made many friends from both .
Pros
I have made it through 3 Recessions
Cons
I feel that our wages are low compared to other labour jobs .
Repetitive Job
Delivery Agent, Letter Carrier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON10 January 2018
The pay is nice but its not worth the amount of work you have to do for it. It should be a lot higher, especially in the winter when your hands freeze
Good job, really hard for newbies
Letter Carrier (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 January 2018
It's a really great job if you've been here for years. To be successful as a new employee, you need to have nothing else going on in your life, because the work is long, hard, and consumes you. As a term employee your schedule changes day to day and you never know when you will be home so it is impossible to plan anything or have any kind of life outside of work. If you have the patience to stick through the misery and burn out for a couple years, it gets better and you get settled in with a nice, secure, easy job. Management will never tell you anything or help you with anything or answer any question directly, but the workers are a nice bunch and very helpful, lending to a good work environment. Considering you need no formal training, the pay is great.
Pros
Good pay, nice coworkers, engaging tasks
Cons
long hours, impersonal management, no set schedule.
Productive and fun place to work.
Mail Carrier (Current Employee) –  Morden, MB9 January 2018
Did lock changes and Forwarded mail for customers who have moved. Sorted mail and parcels in the Post Office. Distributed mail and parcels by vehicle to community mail boxes, residences and businesses. Released registered and special delivery letters and parcels to designated recipients and obtained signatures for release. Helped customers with oversized parcels. Resolved service related problems in a timely manner.
Pros
No weekends or evenings, good benefits
Cons
Have to use my own personal vehicle
Productive and fun place to work
Postal Sorter (Current Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB9 January 2018
Although the hiring process is long, and the security screening for Canada Post is very in-depth and there is no job security for the position I was hired for, it is well worth the effort.
I love sports football and I hope to be a bodybuilder
Sales Clerk (Current Employee) –  toronto8 January 2018
I want to learn agriculture since I was young I was interested to be a green farm owner full of vegetables, fruits, fruits, flowers and animals of cows and horses rural life is safe and beautiful, and that believable in that. One of the days because the Canadian and American territories are known as opportunities for the people who are currently from the poor African countries and full of wars and terrorist bombings, which is a pity to get our country so we go to the Arab countries and we can get To university education because of financial problems, but thank God always has a second chance in this beautiful life of people like us who suffer from the hardships of life.
Pros
free lunches Upgrade functional
great Canadian company
Business Development Manager, Direct Marketing (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 January 2018
Company is constantly evolving to meet ever changing Canadian marketplace. Great educational experience and indepth knowledge of their products and services, excellent training and team collaboration
Pros
sharing of best practices and successes
Cons
long hours and very demanding
environnement bonne
factrice rural (Former Employee) –  Repentigny, QC1 January 2018
prendre courrier, trier, classer, charger et livrer le courrier
le plus difficile est de livrer l'hiver
le plus agréable est le contact avec les clients qui attendent quelques fois a leurs boite aux lettres
Pros
bon salaire et avantage sociaux
Cons
syndicat qui ce mele de ton travail
Fast paced and demanding
Mobile letter carrier (Former Employee) –  Keswick, ON1 January 2018
It was a pleasure working for such a large company. You were provided with all the tools to become a productive employee. Job opportunities were available if you want to change jobs. The personal were made up of different cultures and back grounds. The company made it easy for you to get adjusted to working with the public as well as your fellow employee's. I loved working outside as well as being independent.
Pros
Benefits and uniform were provided
Cons
Weather was a big factor in performing your duties
excellent employer
Rural and Suburban Mail Carrier (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK30 December 2017
This has been one of my favorite places to work. great co workers, ok management, good pay, great benefits. overall I would say work here if you can get on
Pros
flexible work environment
Cons
cold weather work
Good Employer
Mail Carrier (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE30 December 2017
Canada Post was great to work for. The hours were sometimes long and took physical demands on the body.
I learned a lot on human interaction with different types of personalities. I got along good with management.
The workplace culture can be clicky so need to find your comfort level and not get caught up in drama.
The hardest part would be completing delivery efficiently on extremely heavy parcel and ad mail days.
The most enjoyable part is meeting new people on my route.
Pros
good compensation for overtime.
Cons
out past dark to finish on heavy days.
Union and Non so its drama
Contracted Rural and Suburban Mail Carrier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 December 2017
Never moving forward, always laterally in the freezing cold. Overall a good place to feel secure about never losing your job and if you didnt like anything to begin with you can just complain and they will accommodate you.
A wonderful opportunity to work in a job that was a good fit for me.
Letter Carrier (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC19 December 2017
This was the ideal job that I was hoping for. I started out well and struggled with the workload and subsequently was terminated for not meeting expectations.
Review Summary
Postal Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON18 December 2017
- Provide superior customer service.
- Ability to handel Cash including the Selling of money orders, stamps and registered mail/parcel service.
- Answering and resolving customer complaints.
Very poor work environment.
Letter Carrier (Former Employee) –  Dauphin, MB17 December 2017
Very poor work environment.
Treated like children from supervisors/superintendents.
Weight loads are hard on the body and are only going to get worse with more flyers and shorter times to complete them starting in Jan. 2018; Very long walking routes.
Very unhappy workers.
Pros
Cons
lots of walking, hard on body, very little pay for flyers
great place to work
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 December 2017
timmies was nice
good hours
job security for hard workers
learned how to use a pump truck and what monos were
wish i was paid more for the work
easy job to grasp
environnement de travaille amusant
Représentant service à la clientèle commerciale (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC13 December 2017
I liked workign here because its a fun place . You learn to work on your patience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canada Post. Our community is ready to answer.