Canada Post Employee Reviews

Found 1,110 reviews matching the search See all 1,132 reviews
love all the walking
Letter Carrier (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 November 2018
Much harder than I had anticipated!! Really nice coworkers.Lots of oppertunitys to advance. Excelent training. Good work life balance. Not enough work at the moment.
Times are changing but don't get discouraged
Letter Carrier & Step-Van Driver (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 November 2018
I've been a Canada Post letter carrier for nearly 7 years. I love my job. I love working hard and being productive. I love the feeling of providing service to the neighbourhood I am in.

For those that look at Canada Post employees as lazy, unwilling and useless employees just know that we bust our butts delivering mail and parcels all while trying to be safe on the job and make it home to our families.

I love my job. And I'm proud to be a letter carrier.
Pros
Working outside with the public, hard work and providing excellent service
Cons
I love dogs but dogs hate uniforms
good job satisfaction
Shunt Driver, Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC10 November 2018
diverse skills and growth encouraged able to expand skill set and grow with the company to achieve goals and move into a desired position, management was good
Great place to work and learn
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 November 2018
Canada Post offers excellent advancement opportunities. The managers were great mentors and very open to helping employees advance and learn. I enjoyed my time there.
always a fun place to work
Rural & Suburban Mail Carrier (Former Employee) –  Orangeville, ON6 November 2018
I enjoyed working at the post office, even if it was just a year contract i had a blast working there and i met alot of nice people, its not an easy job but i liked it.
Pros
pay wage
Cons
very long hours
sink or swim atmosphere
Letter Carrier (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 November 2018
Military style workplace. Very busy schedule. There is lots of opportunity for overtime. Support during injury is minimal. Safety is not often addressed; only when convenient. Equipment is of poor quality, if available. Health care is minimal and hard to obtain at the coverage. Once your out of the depot, as long as you get your job done, they leave you alone; so good for independent workers and once you've figured out how to get you job done. Will keep you in good physical condition. Cant get permanent for 1 to 2 years; or full time for 3-5 years.
Pros
discretion over day to day job duties
Cons
often too much work for a day. sink or swim . safety issues are ignored
Beware Christmas Help
Postal Clerk (Current Employee) –  Alberta28 October 2018
As a long-time employee, don't be fooled by the job description. You are only guaranteed 3 hours each day from Nov15-Jan15. Yes they can extend that but be very clear that Canada Post Management number 1 goal is to save money and not extend your hours. You will be doing the grunt work that is very repetitive that nobody else wants to do. There is no official training and you are literally thrown into the fire to learn as you go. On the bright side, you have no loyalty or responsibility to Canada Post as a temp so once you see how bad management treats you, you can just quit or stop showing up.

You can find any minimum wage job with $15/hour for 8 hours......or you can get jerked around at Canada Post for $19/hour, only guaranteed 3 hours daily for 2 months, no benefits, and you get treated like a dog. Merry Christmas.
Pros
Cons
Lots
great place to work
Customer Service Analyst (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB26 October 2018
great place to work. people friendly and courteous. Learned a lot about the flow of mail. Management was great and enjoyed talking with people and resolving mail issues.
Pros
courteous friendly staff to work with
Cons
shift work - working late hours sometimes which limited time with children.
benefits and productions at Canada Post
LETTER CARRIER (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB25 October 2018
team environment. good place to work. employees were like minded, willing to do what it takes to get the job done. self directed job, organizing, scheduling deliveries, all in a fast paced environment.It is a very physically demanding job but with attention to personal health it can be a great benefit to staying healthy and fit
Pros
adequate clothing allowance
Cons
inclement weather
very stressful environment
Post Master, Part-time (Former Employee) –  Matachewan, ON23 October 2018
the management was not always pleasant to work for. they would change my shifts at the last minute. that was a long time ago. now I have heard it is a great place with pretty decent benefit.
Pros
lots of people to chat with
Cons
people who could not understand rules
Letter Carrier (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 October 2018
Good people, not back breaking, superiors are easy to get along with. The wage isn't an exact match for the amount of time you put in. But it's not a labour intensive job so the wage is probably justified.
Pros
not time intensive
Cons
low wage and dead end career wise
Sub Contractor.
Excavator Operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 October 2018
I install and remove mailboxes. Many people are with different jobs that create workflow for us as a sub contractor. It is hard to say between Canada Post and SNC Lavelin, why there is no consistency in workflow but that has been the case for me.
Officer at Canada Post
Officer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON18 October 2018
- constant, blatant bullying and outright harassment by director, most management and colleagues
- extremely toxic environment
- decent pay for complexity of work
- benefits were okay
Was a good job
Temporary Delivery Agent/Letter Carrier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 October 2018
Was a good job, extremely fast paced, everyday take off and hit the ground running, hardly any time even for a bathroom break. Going non-stop pace all day long
Je ne croyais pas que ça pouvait être possible
Employé temporaire (Former Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QC18 October 2018
Poste Canada a la réputation d’offrir d’excellents emplois, peut-être il y a 20, mais maintenant, les salariés doivent se battre continuellement pour garder leurs avantages sociaux, leurs salaires et leurs conditions qui deviennent de plus en plus exécrables. J’ ai été très déçu de voir la guerre psychologique constante qu’il y a entre les employés et leur employeur qui les traitent continuellement comme s’ils étaient des imbéciles. Une façon d’agir que je ne croyais plus être possible dans une société se disant évoluée et dans une compagnie se disant être gouvernementale.
great place to work
Administrative Clerk CR-3 (Former Employee) –  London, ON16 October 2018
I loved this job was sad to go. I was bumped out by a permanent employee or I would still be there. It was great and good wages. I wish I still worked there
Positive work environment
Postal Clerk (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC15 October 2018
A concise and efficient work environment. As sorting requires working closely with team members, I learned to be attentive and cooperative during my shifts.
Pros
Engaging
Cons
Monotonous at times
Christmas Relief
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 October 2018
I enjoyed working in the plant for Christmas relief. They had a very structured routine for us. Breaks were always at the same time. Supervisors were always available to answer questions or provide direction. The work was quite physical at times. Afternoons were usually spent working on a conveyor belt where parcels would come down and have to be sorted into bins for delivery to various locations. If parcels backed up on the belt, a bell would ring, alerting a supervisor that there could be a problem. The hardest part of the job was that it was very physical but it was also the most enjoyable part of the job in that at the end of the day, I could go home knowing that I had done a good day's work.
Pros
The wage was good!
Cons
Only temporary.
Productive workplace
Postal Clerk (Current Employee) –  Prince George, BC11 October 2018
I enjoy working at Canada Post it has grown tremendously in the last 11 years of my employement! Being in the Distribution center and being what is called a Hub the work is extremely physical.
Pros
Good stable job
Good Company
IT Technical Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 October 2018
Good company, takes care of their employees.
Clean environment. Very busy.
Helpful and supportive.