Canada Post

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Above industry wage but no career progress.

If you want to remain where you are for the rest of your life and guaranteed job security, this is the place for you. No career advancement unless you 'belong' or know someone in upper management.

Pros

Nice place to work if you're with the right team ..or people.

Cons

The pay and benefit is great. The union is useless and not worth the amount deducted. Unfortunately, the two major minority groups are ra ...t and think the organization belongs to them.

good

good opportunity to learn, grow, count envelopes, look at birds in the plant, experience the side of people brought out in unionized work environment, occasional cold pizza lunch provided for price of listening to management.

Think twice prior to applying .............

Full honestly its a unionized company, might as well be two large corporations only looking out for the higher paid members of both. The culture is toxic and negative. During covid we were treated poorly and our concerns constantly dismissed. Your lucky if you get a good morning from the senior management. I am so happy I got out of there. The management lies and promises full time hours, but yet cant seem to follow through with anything. The lack of consistent leadership and communications is evident and actually embarrassing. No professionalism, no long term thought to decision making...supervisors lack integrity and actual any management experience. They take their direction from someone no one ever meets. Think long and hard prior to wasting your time, you might get tons of training hours, but in actuality your just being used to move parcels for three weeks until they use up your training hours....then can't give you anything else. This is not a Company that empowers their employees and they hire management personal with NULL experience in working with people.

good

très peu satisfaisant, à la recherche d'un meilleur employeur,

syndicat pas très efficace, salaire insuffisant pour la difficulté à porter aux phisique, l'employeur ne recherche aucunement la satisfaction de ces employé mes seulement des coupure budgetaire pour plus de profit, le raport employeur et employé est vraiment pitoyable et regrétable.

Pros

je ne trouve pas

Not my favourite job

I only worked at CP for a few weeks to do the training and then a few shifts here & there as on call casual. It's notoriously hard to get a permanent position and the work is difficult. So many procedures and protocols to follow I couldn't remember many things after training as you use them so infrequently and work so little after getting hired.

Pros

Decent benefits

Cons

Low pay and difficult work

I don't recommend anyone to work for this company

Couldn't pay me enough to work for such a terrible company,,, I do not recommend this company to anyone. This company has gone downhill. Even being retired, fighting them tooth and nail trying to get our pension that we rightfully earned. They do not care for any of there employees,,,, you are just a number to them. AGAIN I WOULD NOT RECCOMEND THIS COMPANY TO ANYONE

A place where you can deliver for Canadians and each other every day

Great people from all corners of Canada, working together for a common purpose and values. Focused not only on delivering a great experience but also considering the impact tot he environment and social responsibility that comes with being one of the largest crown corporations in Canada.

No hours until 2 years in.

EXTREMELY unreliable when starting. No hours for the first 2 years until you get on permanently. Extremely poor management. Good job after the first 2 years when you're not on a different route everyday.

Good pension, but is it really worth it?

Less qualified people get promoted due to women/visible minority preference. This in turn causes a ripple effect on how things are run and creates a toxic work environment akin to a circus.Culture of laziness, especially in management and the union. Job is literally about cheating and cutting corners because of structure and management.

Pros

Easy job, anyone can do it.

Cons

Everything you can imagine and more.

have fun with customers

I love working there I have been a term since 2008 but if a woman applies for the job even if they started a week before they get the job not me not fair

Pros

mileage

Cons

travel expensese

Great place , can me hard at times

the hardest part of here in certain areas is the waiting for work as its seniority based and that can make getting a perm position long. Other than that I find working here great and the co workers are friendly and helpful.

Great work atmosphere

Great work atmosphere Great pay Good vacation timeBenefits when permanentGood teamWork Fast paced OrganizedNice to be out enjoying nature Everyday is not the same!

Belle carrière

Faut être fort mentalement au début. Après quand on a la permanence, c’est merveilleux

Amazing

Great place to work at. Although things can be fast paced , Canada post is a great employer. I very much enjoyed it. Only con is short hours as postal clerk

Meh

Good pay. But may work like a dog and be treated like one by management. Work just gets harder and harder over time. If you don't do exactly what management wants, whether allowed or not, you will be penalized.

Entreprise agréable

Entreprise qui respecte ses employés et leurs préoccupations

Pros

Repas gratuit

Cons

Horaire

Fun job

Fun place to work! Best job for in the summer but winter is a challenge because you’re outside in the freezing cold. Overal it’s a great job to have!

Pros

Pay is great

Cons

Being outside in the winter

Good place decent people Pay could be more, but that’s the same everywhere. Only regret I have is accepting depot work, as soon as you do that they will try to take advantage.

I love my job, however it lacks hours

I've been with CP for a year and a half. I love my job, the people at my home post office. What I don't like is lack of hours, it's literally impossible to get a permanent position. I'm lucky to get 10 hours a month. So if you're looking for something that is extremely casual, this is the place, but if you're looking for job security, unfortunately this is not the place.

Pros

Free shirt for work

Cons

No hours

Great Job if you enjoy working outdoor and organized

In the beginning it's very challenging as a Letter Carrier / Delivery Agent - Expect some pain and stress in the beginning and long hours.Once you develop your own technique and figure out what works for you to be efficient (different types of tie-out methods, sorting mail, organizing parcels) you can finish earlier than the paid 8 hours. It takes at least a couple months to be a competent Letter Carrier. As a Temp you'll also need to learn a lot of different types of routes and you might not know what you'll be doing day-to-day if no work you could be sent to another station. You will deliver 1-10 sets of neighbourhood mail + Short and Long Mail + up to 40 Pounds Parcels daily. This job isn't for everyone, if you're in relatively good shape, enjoy working independently, loves engaging with customers and highly organized then this job is for you!

Pros

Exercise, Enjoy the outdoor, Great work environment

Cons

Outdoor hazards, Dogs, Winter

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement