Canada One Auto Group

Canada One Auto Group Employee Reviews

I enjoy working here, great place to grow and earn a great income. Be nice to see a few changes and upgrades in the coming months/years. I look forward to advancing here.
I 100% recommend go auto. I have worked there for a short period of time, and have never felt more welcome In a work environment. If you are looking to get into the dealership world, Go Auto is definitely where to go.
Pros
Open minded managers, friendly staff, welcoming environment
Well let’s talk about Maclin Ford. During my employment there the ownership changed to Canada One Auto Group. Everything was fine for the first few weeks and then suddenly people started getting fired left and right. Anyone who was good at their job? Gone. People who were honest to customers? Gone. People who made shady business deals? That’s who they brought in. If you have a disagreement with any of the management level, you can consider yourself fired. Either shut up and do what you’re told even though it’s morally wrong, or get fired. Do you really want to work in a place like that?
Pros
You get free lunch on Saturday as long as Sales doesn’t eat it all first.
Cons
Literally everything.
Working for this company is alright, its an average dealership in its area and work can be really stressful and it depends on your position. lots of favoritism
Parts manager was a space case. Service manager was great. Fixed ops manager hated anyone in their 20's. Called everyone a millenial. Girls here were clicky and uninviting and unfriendly. They had a snap show working the front parts counter who was racist and misogynistic. It was the worst place I have ever worked in the industry. Benefits are awful.
Pros
Discounts on vehicle purchases
Cons
salary, benefits, people
Lakewood used to be an amazing place to work with low turn over and great staff. Then the new GM bought into the place and changed everything for the worse. No longer do they put clients first, let alone their staff. The pay plan changed every month, of course for the worse. The new GM has no idea how to make the staff happy, he is almost like a tyrant. He is always spying on you and eavesdropping on your conversations. There are over two dozen dealerships in Edmonton, DO NOT work at this one.
They have cut pay across the group, no regard for dedicated staff, risking illness to serve customers. Its all about profit, very greedy. Peoples costs dont go down, if deemed an essential service it reeks of exploitation during trying times.
typical day is unstructured with no plan. did learn how to handle a lot of pressure management walking on egg shells. seem stressed a lot go-go culture, can be exciting, but very insincere
All well. This job will mould you to be a great sales person. Very competitive environment . The staff here is great and helpful. If you wanted to start your career to learn sales and marketing, this is perfact place to work for.
Started here in 2017, it was great for the first year. Then management switched, and it became the most stressful, unorganized, poorly managed, and greedy workplace I've ever experienced. I would not recommend anybody work here unless they feel like losing their mind every single day.
a typical day at work is doing oil changes, cleaning floors, helping out others, and taking out garbage, most enjoyable part of the job is all of it..
Depending on the location you may work it can be an average to good place to work, there's been some recent head office changes that were likely needed, hard to tell if they will help or not.
the money is not bad bad but general sales manager is worst ever, I experience in my life since he never sold a single car, he has not understanding of sales
only work one week for them , very rude management , there is zero communication at the lake chevy dealership , kody the managers is very rude to the female sales staff , also there are not very good at fix there used cars and trucks , worst job ever
Management only cares about management. New applicants/ employees get promises that are never delivered. Current emplyeed treated very poorly. Fixed operations manager more concerned for himself than you. Poker to him is number one. Stay Awa
Cons
Being an Employee for Canada One Auto Group for a period of five years was, for the most part a very enjoyable experience. The environment and employees are very personable and knowledgeable.
After 6 weeks trying to learn a new computer management system, a new product line, a new style of electronic catalogue and the the Ford online portals to do this that and the other thing I was let go. Although I was starting to get the hang of the systems it seems another employee took a dislike to me. As she seemed to have the mgr wrapped around her little finger and had an hour long meeting with the manager just before I got notice. I look back thankfully now as a 10 hour Saturday shift working on your own with no break isn't good for anyone.
Working at Maclin Ford was a stepping stone for me into my Management Position at Universal Ford. I enjoyed the people at Maclin very much. It is a fast paced environment.
The management and HR department were horrible, they are cruel to their employees and very toxic individuals. I would not recommend anyone looking for a long term job to work here.
The dealership was sold during the period of my employment. When Canada One took over, the atmosphere became more stressed and confused. Those of us who were not terminated mostly left on their own. After I left, those who I kept in touch with were not happy with the work environment.
I really didnt care for these guys. they where not to keen to promote from within and they did not treat there people well. that is all. just getting to 150