Canada One Auto Group

Canada One Auto Group Employee Reviews

Canada112 reviews
fun place to work at, fast paced, friendly enviroment
a typical day at work is doing oil changes, cleaning floors, helping out others, and taking out garbage, most enjoyable part of the job is all of it..
What happened to this place?
Lakewood used to be an amazing place to work with low turn over and great staff. Then the new GM bought into the place and changed everything for the worse.

No longer do they put clients first, let alone their staff. The pay plan changed every month, of course for the worse.

The new GM has no idea how to make the staff happy, he is almost like a tyrant. He is always spying on you and eavesdropping on your conversations.

There are over two dozen dealerships in Edmonton, DO NOT work at this one.
Taking advantage of staff during Covid-19
They have cut pay across the group, no regard for dedicated staff, risking illness to serve customers. Its all about profit, very greedy. Peoples costs dont go down,
if deemed an essential service it reeks of exploitation during trying times.
Chaotic
typical day is unstructured with no plan.
did learn how to handle a lot of pressure

management walking on egg shells. seem stressed a lot

go-go culture, can be exciting, but very insincere
All Good
All well. This job will mould you to be a great sales person.
Very competitive environment . The staff here is great and helpful.

If you wanted to start your career to learn sales and marketing, this is perfact place to work for.
Awful
Started here in 2017, it was great for the first year. Then management switched, and it became the most stressful, unorganized, poorly managed, and greedy workplace I've ever experienced. I would not recommend anybody work here unless they feel like losing their mind every single day.
Canada One
Depending on the location you may work it can be an average to good place to work, there's been some recent head office changes that were likely needed, hard to tell if they will help or not.
micro management system
the money is not bad bad but general sales manager is worst ever, I experience in my life since he never sold a single car, he has not understanding of sales
management belittles employees , and has not respect for staff ,
only work one week for them , very rude management , there is zero communication at the lake chevy dealership , kody the managers is very rude to the female sales staff , also there are not very good at fix there used cars and trucks , worst job ever
Do not apply
Management only cares about management. New applicants/ employees get promises that are never delivered. Current emplyeed treated very poorly. Fixed operations manager more concerned for himself than you. Poker to him is number one. Stay Awa
Pros
Cons
Fast Paced Collaborative Environment
Being an Employee for Canada One Auto Group for a period of five years was, for the most part a very enjoyable experience. The environment and employees are very personable and knowledgeable.
Beware existing employees
After 6 weeks trying to learn a new computer management system, a new product line, a new style of electronic catalogue and the the Ford online portals to do this that and the other thing I was let go. Although I was starting to get the hang of the systems it seems another employee took a dislike to me. As she seemed to have the mgr wrapped around her little finger and had an hour long meeting with the manager just before I got notice. I look back thankfully now as a 10 hour Saturday shift working on your own with no break isn't good for anyone.
Fast Paced Environment
Working at Maclin Ford was a stepping stone for me into my Management Position at Universal Ford. I enjoyed the people at Maclin very much. It is a fast paced environment.
Management issues
The management and HR department were horrible, they are cruel to their employees and very toxic individuals. I would not recommend anyone looking for a long term job to work here.
Very poor work environment
The dealership was sold during the period of my employment. When Canada One took over, the atmosphere became more stressed and confused. Those of us who were not terminated mostly left on their own. After I left, those who I kept in touch with were not happy with the work environment.
really didnt care of them
I really didnt care for these guys. they where not to keen to promote from within and they did not treat there people well. that is all. just getting to 150
Feasible for Few
WATERLOO FORD - Turnover rate of managers (GSM, SM, F&I) are an indication of incompetency and lack of experience from upper mgmnt. The DP has a CPA, but has ZERO experience w sales/management. New inventory issues, bad lead sources, overpaid preowned and inexperienced finance dep., causes sales consultants to struggle daily.
Do not work here
Treat you as if your always replaceable, and they let you know that. No matter what you do, it's never enough. The company is greedy. They do not care at all about their employees.
Good Company!
Canada One Auto is a great company to work for, like any company it has its perks and it's downsides. All in all, it allowed me the life I have today and I am grateful for that.
Good company
good company to work for. Depending which dealership you work at. Each dealer is different when it comes to management. Some management take care of their staff
Pretty Great Company
Great coworkers but managers are constantly butting heads and from day to day you are redoing work simply because a different manager wants it done differently. You often get treated like a robot but if you do your work well you can be pretty well liked and respected. Pay is very low for the requirements.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canada One Auto Group. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8