Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC)

Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) Pay & benefits reviews

Canada47 reviews

Clear
3.6Pay & benefits

goodplaceworkinggreatworklotpositionmanagement

Benefits

CMHC is government however; please do not think the benefits are amazing as this is fiction. The benefits/pension are not the same as working for the Canadian government.

Pros

Interesting work, great people

Productivity

My time at CMHC was short due to being contracted. It's a decent place to work as you learn a lot outside of your role, which I enjoyed. However, being a contractor it sucked because the pay you were given compared to the work given doesn't really balance it out. The people there are friendly and are willing to teach you if you're willing to learn.

Pros

Adjustable table

Cons

30min lunch only

Insights into Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC)

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction

a comfortable office setting, nice people

There wasn't a lot of training, you are kind of expected to just know what is going on and learn it on the fly. The hours are good, but the pay scale is on the low end for what the expectations are.

Pros

work hours are good

Cons

no training

Pas mal

Expérience agréable, mais certains aspects restent obscurs. Je n'en dirai pas plus.

Pros

Salaire, avantages en tout genre

Cons

Je ne peux pas en parler.

Excellent milieu de travail

L'atmosphère de travail y est excellente, bons salaires, convivialité, travail/famille respecté.

Good pay bad place to work

Pros Good pay for the work Good benefits Good work and life balance Cons Bad management Lack of growth opportunities unless you play the game and kiss butt Bad technology only now moving to outlook

Environnement de travail très agréable

Beaucoups d'avantages sociaux, de plus des primes offertes à l'atteinte des objectifs.

Pros

Régime de retraite collectif

Cons

Aucun point négatif

Great atmosphere to work in

I love my position and working at CMHC, but need a permanent position. This is a great company to work for, flexible on hours, good pay, (no benefits as I am contract)

CMHC Granville Island

When I arrive at work I am either in the vehicle used to drive around and collect the waste/recycling bins or in the maintenance yard, operating the compactors used to process the above mentioned waste. I have also learned how to safely operate the various tools and equipment that we have at our disposal in our maintenance shop. Plus I have been exposed to and developed a good understanding of what it means to operate in a dynamic environment with lots of different jobs being performed each day. My co-workers all share a mutual enjoyment for working with CMHC while maintaining a strong sense of professionalism and workplace safety. We all get along great! The hardest part of my job is working in the yard when it is very hot outside. Especially, when standing at the top of the stairs while operating our garbage compactor in a lack of shade. Using a rake to pull out all remaining waste for disposal. Preparing the compactors for pick up is also difficult at times as there are specific steps that are required to do so. including unlatching and placing support pins in their correct locations to prevent spillage upon pick up. The most enjoyable part of my job is while driving around in our truck to collect and return the various waste cans/cages for pick up and drop off. I get to see all the wonderful aspects of Granville Island. From the visitors and buskers to the amazing views and exciting culture that the island provides. You really get to see and hear everything from that vantage point.

Pros

Additional day off every other week (work from 8:00am - 4:50pm), total compensation package, great location, friendly staff, manageable daily work load

Cons

Contract positions to start

Pas mal

Défis: trouver des choses à faire pour remplir la journée Pas de travail en équipe Gestion congestionnée par manque de vision Collaborateurs frustrés Agréable d'aller au gym le midi et manger à la cafétéria

Pros

bon restaurant

Cons

pas de défits

One star

The Receptionist position in Vancouver has been available for about 3 years or more, The office manager is never happy with anybody and will harass people till they leave or get sick.

Pros

Benefits, people

Cons

Lots of physical lifting of boxes. Seen lots of good receptionist go.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC). Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement