Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC)

Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) Employee Reviews

I get to see places I would never see. I work from home. I am under a very very tight deadline. Lots of hours of work during the intense 5 to 7 day
Great company to work for. Some of the best time in my life. My work experience enabled me to succeed in my private practice. Training in my field was supervised by some of the brightest minds on Canada.
Pros
People
Cons
Great place to work and learn from knowledgeable colleagues new skills and how to apply them in your day to day work to make a difference and to provide exceptional services to the clients we are serving.
Pros
Ample opportunity for learning and advancement.
Cons
To make change to policies would take months or longer.
The company switches focus too often. No one knows what they are doing anymore and client service suffers. Everyone is more concerned about marketing and story telling than getting the job done.
23 years working in various position in different capacity such as graphic designer, client services, data entry, research assistant to market analysts snd economists, working with media and providing information to general public,
Pros
Excellent work facilities
Cons
No appl
Lots of stress due to the nature of the job. Management was not experienced and therefore direction changed al the time. Management lacked true management and team building skills.
My time at CMHC was short due to being contracted. It's a decent place to work as you learn a lot outside of your role, which I enjoyed. However, being a contractor it sucked because the pay you were given compared to the work given doesn't really balance it out. The people there are friendly and are willing to teach you if you're willing to learn.
Pros
Adjustable table
Cons
30min lunch only
Belle ambiance quasi familiale. Travail sans pression, bien que rébarbatif et très peu varié. Presque aucune possibilité d'avancement: contrat de deux mois par année. Employeur fiable.
There's no job security, even your own manager/supervisor won't fight for you. You either belong in a group there or you're done. The employee retention is atrocious; the 3 years i've been there i've watched 3 CFOs canned. Even if you have a permanent position there they'll tell you the position is no longer valid due to the re-org, and you can re apply for another opening. Working there is like walking on thin ice all the time.
The government department pays well but seems to be confused on who does what work. Overall the employees and managers are helpful. Good place to work
Superficially, a great place to work. The workplace culture requires a shift from the old culture to ROWE's idea starting by Management and HR. boy's club mentality. Job security isn't there. Employees would benefit from an organized labor system (Union). Abuse of power, OT, etc. Totally violated. I experienced this and more.
Good place to work at since they have introduced the fully flexible schedule. The issue with this is that you can work from home but do not interact with other team members.
Great work environment with very kind employees. Managed between two sectors; Business Planning & Reporting and the Assisted Housing. Maintained organized calendars and spreadsheets to attain all the needs of whomever had inquiries for meetings, outside clients and budgeting. The work atmosphere is very innovative and inspiring for the greater good of our future homes as well as future work ethics. I was unfortunately laid off due to job cuts, and for that is the only downfall of my experience there, no complaints as for the rest!
all the staff works in teamwork and very friendly and they are very productive and helpful. they respect the work time. easy to get there on time. It's a pleasure to work with them again.
And enjoy lack of clarity when it comes to management's expectations, then you will adore working here. Implementation of ROWE is a slight bonus. Support during a multitude of corporate changes was severly lacking.
Pros
Rowe
Cons
Lack of effective leadership
There wasn't a lot of training, you are kind of expected to just know what is going on and learn it on the fly. The hours are good, but the pay scale is on the low end for what the expectations are.
Pros
work hours are good
Cons
no training
Less advancement opportunities work culture/environment/IT renovation are made without real understanding of the work need to be done changes are made to make the the surface looks good for the executive, but not according to cost/benefit
I have never worked in a corporate environment that was so inclusive of everyone and their ideas. It has been an absolute pleasure being a part of the CMHC Granville Island team. Truly a great place to work.
Expérience agréable, mais certains aspects restent obscurs. Je n'en dirai pas plus.
Pros
Salaire, avantages en tout genre
Cons
Je ne peux pas en parler.
CMHC is a good customer to work. I have been involved in various crucial projects. CMHC is a good employer and work culture is very good. The work-life balance is very good.
People break the law and get away with it. Hard working dedicated people are the scape goats for the law breakers. Clients suffer at the hands of the law breakers.
Pros
Pays bills
Cons
To many to mention