Canada Life Assurance Company

Cooperative colleagues

Learning environments

Flexible and relaxed timing

Team work

Learn new tools and technologies
Great place to work and grow
I cannot think of a better company to work for, is a great space for advancement. I learned so much the two years that I worked for the company, I actually regret leaving the company.
1 June 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We really appreciate you highlighting your positive experience at work!
Commendable
A very great place to be and great team members as well as awesome leaders.

Canada Life is a place you would love to reture as everyone in the company looks after each other's success
26 May 2020
enrolment processor
I had some good and bad days as enrolment processor. It was a stressful job and a lot was required of me. I didn't agree with the productivity reports done every month. I think this just created stress on a person.
Pros
stressful job with reports being printed every month
Cons
employee activities
12 May 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. At Canada Life we encourage all of our employees to speak directly with their leaders on working together to ensure the job demands and expectations are realistic and manageable, and allow for greater understanding of reporting tools and systems to improve our deliverables and customer service.
some days are relaxed, some days are fast-paced.
enjoyable

team activities and events.

scanning, data entry, handling of mail.

well-blended teams from different culture backgrounds.
11 May 2020
Canada Life Comes Through for Employees During Covid
As everyone does in their job from time to time, I have had days that I didn't like my job very much. But, since everything with Covid has been going on, I have discovered that I work for an AMAZING company that is proactive and not reactive! I just assumed that all companies were being supportive and on top of things when it came to safety and working from home. Sadly, I have learned that is not always the case. Canada Life has been so great that they now have me as an employee for life. I can't say enough good things about how our top management has handled this situation. Employees have been provided with tons of communication, support from our direct leaders, flexibility with work/life balance, new technology and processes to support working from home and complete understanding when we have a bad day. I have to say I'm really proud to work for Canada Life!
11 May 2020
Too much stress, not enough balance
I worked for this company for over 6 years and it wasn’t terrible at first. There was advancement, appreciation, and even fair compensation. After the office went under new management, everything went downhill. The regional manager and all higher up managers care about one thing - money. They don’t care about their staffs health and their workload. One team alone went through approximately 12 staff members or more in a single year They didn’t pay enough for the amount of work that is expected of each employee Then they hire managers who have no idea how to manage and run teams into the ground. I’m so glad I left!
20 May 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Work-life balance throughout the organization is important to us. A strong culture that’s employee-focused is our priority. We are committed to creating a workplace environment that’s collaborative, engaging and fun for all. As we continue to evolve and reassess talent needs across the organization, we will work to better predict staffing needs and ensure all groups are staffed accordingly to meet business priorities.
Great Work Culture
Supportive people, great work for motivated advisors. If you don't mind working for commission and have a competitive spirit you can do great things there
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Canada Life Assurance Company?
Good company to work for
Good environment and company to work for. Flex hours available. Good benefits. Good training and everyone gets involved. National calls every quarter with peers etc
23 April 2020
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review, we really appreciate it!
Not fair
Micromanaged with very high quotas and constant nit-picking. Hire several in the fall and tell them we intend to hire everyone on in 12 months. Historically we hire less than 10%. Didn't used to be this way.
24 April 2020
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. At Canada Life, we’re continuously working on strengthening our employee experience. Improving the experience for our employees should help us adjust to new ways of working and increase motivation and engagement.
Busy. Some long term employees have unreasonable expectaions
Good place to work but undergoing an outsourcing exercise which is ill advised. This is wrecking the moral of long term employees unfortunately. Upper management is bent on doing this with little regard as to how this will negatively affect the company long term. They have outsourced before with poor results and the new management team is determined to reattempt the failed experiment.
5 May 2020
People are at the heart of our company – whether you’re one of our 11,000 employees or the 1 in 3 Canadians who rely on us to support their financial, physical and mental well-being. As we continue to evolve in a rapidly changing industry, our priority is to make necessary changes within the business in order to stay competitive and put our employees and customers first. We’re always looking at new ways to adapt and improve, including exploring new partnerships when it enables a higher level of customer service. Thank you for your review – we appreciate your thoughts
productive experience
I love working at this company, I have learnt so much and they have provided me with very great opportunities to expand my own skills. I have learned to take inbound calls and taking care of customers' privacy along with helping them in creating online accounts, navigate the customer through their account and assist them to learn more about their benefit. Manage all Tasks under to do and complete list. Highly Satisfactory response to the customer’s problems and queries.
Productive but not fun
Their workplace culture is not really hectic, I learnt about teamwork and the hardest part of the job was being able to meet the target for production
8 April 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We encourage employees to speak directly with your leaders on working together to ensure the job demands and expectations are realistic and manageable and allow for greater interaction and better relationships with stakeholders.
Best TPL and SL I have ever had!
I would recommend anyone to this company.
Taking calls has its busy seasons and it is slow downs. We are currently working from home. Which is great but as any business work from home has its challenges.
8 April 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we really appreciate it!
Would not recommend
Underpaid/ overworked/ favoritism/supporting harassment.
Was great before, undergoing changes and all became crazy. Micro management, unattainable goals, toxic working atmosphere.
Pros
Benefits
Cons
Too many
24 March 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and provide your feedback. At Canada Life, we’re working on strengthening our employee experience. Improving the experience for our employees should help us adjust to new ways of working and increase motivation and engagement.
Solid but old school
Modernization in the works, but still a ways to go. Good company and relatively stable with work life balance. Pay is average and benefits are light.
decent workplace
Overall they are slow to implement technological changes such as getting salesforce to work. They have re-branded so everything is being re-done. The passed few years it has been undergoing changes and there doesnt seem to be an end in sight.
8 April 2020
We understand that challenges around technology can be frustrating and one of our priorities is to address these concerns. Teams from across business and technology areas are working on solutions – to stabilize our systems and make sure we can more quickly respond to issues when they come up.
Good Place to work
It was over all a good place to work, people very fun outgoing. However case managers had too many files at times to manage. Pay low for level of work. Good benefits and wellness incentives
8 April 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We really appreciate you highlighting your positive experience at work. Work-life balance throughout the organization is important to us. A strong culture that’s employee-focused is our priority. We are committed to creating a workplace environment that’s collaborative, engaging and fun for all.
Good workplace with lots of benifits.
Workplace is good, there are a lot of on site activities and amenities. benefits are good as well. chances to improve and progress your career are available.
Dynamic and well renown Company
Canada Life is Dynamic and well renown company where employees have the opportunity to join great teams, and self train themselves while progressing in their career>
They also have various opportunities to grow in the Company.
8 April 2020
Arguably the worst manager ever
My manager talked to me once a year. Enough said.

Frankly, I do not appreciate being asked all these questions. Working her has not been a pleasant experience.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canada Life Assurance Company. Our community is ready to answer.